Luke Allen (Sub)
No votes
Pierre Fonkeu (Sub)
No votes

Total votes: 37

Babylon

Re: Dartford v Oxford City Sat 25 Feb 2023

Post by Babylon »

Dull, boring,lifeless non event of a game.
A great watch if you have insomnia.
It seems as though we are playing not to lose rather than trying to win.

What has happened to the team that thumped Ebbsfleet TWICE.
Trevor B

Post by Trevor B »

I really have to agree with almost all the comments with no attack ideas, lets just rely on the defence who worked hard and held out on the day.
A crap referee which is something I don't normally comment on but from the start he gave very little in our favour.
So with each team arriving at P.P. knowing how Alex plays and their defence quite obviously under instructions to throw themselves down on the ground at every tackle and the referee buying it we all knew that it was going to be inevitable that Walley would become frustrated and eventually get booked for a stupid tackle.
Lumping the ball up front for most of the game only to see it returned into our half appeared to be how we had to rely on the defence to put up a good show and with no ideas why the midfield ball players kept choosing to give the ball away and no second forward to help create chances it was a very dull boring afternoon and most fans along with myself just keeping each other awake with shouts of shoot shoot all to no effect. :cry:
Where and when is a new striker coming to help us score some goals :?
M.O.M. to Tom but others in defence could have won it
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

I sincerely wish I had the wherewithal and foresight to be manager of Dartford FC like everybody that comment on this forum seem to have!!
DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

Tony H wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 1:53 pm I sincerely wish I had the wherewithal and foresight to be manager of Dartford FC like everybody that comment on this forum seem to have!!
All of the answers lie in Obituary lyrics, believe it or not.
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

DA Mikey wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 2:31 pm
Tony H wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 1:53 pm I sincerely wish I had the wherewithal and foresight to be manager of Dartford FC like everybody that comment on this forum seem to have!!
I thought so!! 😂
KentC

Post by KentC »

Just opinions or what in earth is the point?
You don’t need to be good enough to be a manager to have an educated opinion.
Surely that why you are in here too?
What are you meant to talk about on here then?
Very strange post maybe stick to Facebook or whatever it is you do your “socials” on.
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

KentC wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:41 pm

Just opinions or what in earth is the point?
You don’t need to be good enough to be a manager to have an educated opinion.
Surely that why you are in here too?
What are you meant to talk about on here then?
Very strange post maybe stick to Facebook or whatever it is you do your “socials” on.
Thanks pal, love you too x (plonker!)
Trevor B

Post by Trevor B »

Tony H writes
I had to Google this to try and understand and if correctly understanding I would prefer to relate to 60's hits by the Rolling Stones
For me at the moment I Can't Get No Satisfaction and want changes before It's All Over Now kicks in and as for manager then I think that you can rule me out of I Wanna Be Your Man
Undercover Elephant

Post by Undercover Elephant »

No thing to add apart from I do wonder what goes through Walls mind sometimes that was a clear foul on their player he stood on his ankle. People shouting to the ref you don’t know what you are doing was wrong Wall was 100% to be booked.
He then has to play the next 60 minutes without getting booked.
Their number 3 knew this and then played on it for the rest of the game!
Spike

Post by Spike »

It was like watching two sharks with rubber teeth trying to nudge each other to death. Lots of swift movement and threatening intent with absolutely no bite up front. Sure, Oxford are pretty to watch and had the majority of the posession, but so what? There's no posession column on the league table. Neither side deserved to win and neither side did. We've got a decent side and if we can just get reinforcements up front we'll have a decent shout at getting promoted. MOTM Tom Bonner, resolute as always.
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

Spike wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 4:54 pm It was like watching two sharks with rubber teeth trying to nudge each other to death. Lots of swift movement and threatening intent with absolutely no bite up front. Sure, Oxford are pretty to watch and had the majority of the posession, but so what? There's no posession column on the league table. Neither side deserved to win and neither side did. We've got a decent side and if we can just get reinforcements up front we'll have a decent shout at getting promoted. MOTM Tom Bonner, resolute as always.
Spot on as always Spike 👏👏
DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

Undercover Elephant wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 4:42 pm No thing to add apart from I do wonder what goes through Walls mind sometimes that was a clear foul on their player he stood on his ankle. People shouting to the ref you don’t know what you are doing was wrong Wall was 100% to be booked.
He then has to play the next 60 minutes without getting booked.
Their number 3 knew this and then played on it for the rest of the game!
I couldn’t believe people were shouting that to the ref either.
On one hand, it’s natural to be defiant of decisions which go against your team, however it is a bit awkward when the decision is patently between yellow and red, rather than yellow or no card.
The ref didn’t have a good game yesterday, but that was clearly a booking.
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

The problem with Wall is he’s a safe bet, long before kick off, for a yellow. BUT, I have noticed a decrease in his silliness. That bit where he’s forever standing on defenders’ toes. Wonder if someone has had a word? He was once described him in here as a ‘runaway sideboard,’ which is a bit unfair. I’m sure a runaway sideboard would jump occasionally.
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

Sleightly Deceptive wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 7:41 am The problem with Wall is he’s a safe bet, long before kick off, for a yellow. BUT, I have noticed a decrease in his silliness. That bit where he’s forever standing on defenders’ toes. Wonder if someone has had a word? He was once described him in here as a ‘runaway sideboard,’ which is a bit unfair. I’m sure a runaway sideboard would jump occasionally.
Hey SD, you leave my Alex alone!
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Of course someone has had a word with Alex SD, Dennis Kurtreib. As for being an potential manager surely putting two strikers on the pitch would have shown Oxford City that we were interested.
I have no doubt that Dowse has been there and got the T shirt, so I will leave it up to him. Lets hope we have it in the tank to now finish 2nd now that we have opened up a gap of sorts. But at the moment that is debatable.
COYD's