Like Allen (Sub)
No votes
Pierre Fonkeu (Sub)
No votes

Total votes: 27

Tony H

Re: Welling v Dartford Sat 4 Feb 2023

Post by Tony H »

To be fair to Welling they played well first half and got at us, deservedly going into the break a goal up. Second half a different story and our best spell of the game got us a second equaliser and almost a winner. Great character from the lads to twice come back from a goal down.

Shame their terrace at the top end of the ground is closed as we had to put up with many of their gobs***s at the PVR end in the second half.

What’s important is we’re still up there with a very good chance of a top 3 spot.
PeteSamson

Post by PeteSamson »

I missed the 1st half commentary, but saw all the half time results before tuning into the 2nd half. It's been a while since I heard Paul Philpott doing a commentary, as it was the Radio Kent team at the game.

It's not very often we drop 2 points, but with our three main challengers all losing, meant we gained a point on them, which is a positive from the game.

Welling do seem to be having some quality players in their team nowadays, and both managers commented on being an entertaining game. I always liked Stefan Payne, whose name was mentioned often during the game. He always used to put in a good performance for Tranmere, and tbh, surprised he has drifted down to NLS. He would certainly have kept the Darts defence on their toes.

Recent highlights show up why we have been conceding too many goals recently, and 2 things strike me, one being is losing out on 50/50 balls and the other is poor passes out which get intercepted too easily, putting ourselves on the back foot. But Dowse has identified where we are going wrong and looking to get back to clean sheets. Going to be a busy period for many clubs now as they play catch up on outstanding games. It's going to be an interesting tail end of the season.

COYD
Last edited by PeteSamson on Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

The man who needed medical attention in the first half was okay. He was sitting in the stand second half, was a Diabetic whose sugar levels had dropped, some chocolate & a lucozade sorted him out!!
Onto the game, first 45 Wellings, second 45 ours, but no way could that Lino see if the ball had crossed the line for their second??
He was well behind play, there wasn’t much paint along the goal line & I didn’t see one Welling player appeal for a goal?? One even went to take the corner the Ref had given??
Ridiculous…….I wonder if he was Russian??
KentC

Post by KentC »

Who’s the idiot who got taken away by the police for prodding the keeper
KentC

Post by KentC »

Let’s be honest , we were awful in the first half. Yes Welling were decent but they had nothing to do with us consistently mis placing passes , not getting to tackles and having only 1 or 2 players tops in the box when we crossed , even most of the crosses were poor. We never attacked as a team.

2nd half different, we swarmed all over them at times, were by far the better side and they scored when we were on top, yet we went again.
Lads were fantastic in 2nd and very unlucky not to win right at the end.

Could have lost the game in first half, should have won the game in the second half and drew.
The emotions of football

Best chant of the day, Welling singing “1-0 down in your big day out”
Who has a big day at at that shithole, no one wants to be there, I lost count of hearing all the new comers asking questions about what to do where to go, the fact is they only came because it’s us, back to their 500 for home games now we’ve been and gone.
Horrific place to watch football.
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

A point gained by dropping two, so in a way, a good day at the office. Two well taken goals also. Would have been nice to have got a winner in that way putting more pressure on Havant, but seems that we had to work hard to get the draw.
Also I believe Dean has now lost the plot. Dart's supporter? My arse. :D
COYD's
DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

M1 South wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:10 am The man who needed medical attention in the first half was okay. He was sitting in the stand second half, was a Diabetic whose sugar levels had dropped, some chocolate & a lucozade sorted him out!!
Onto the game, first 45 Wellings, second 45 ours, but no way could that Lino see if the ball had crossed the line for their second??
He was well behind play, there wasn’t much paint along the goal line & I didn’t see one Welling player appeal for a goal?? One even went to take the corner the Ref had given??
Ridiculous…….I wonder if he was Russian??
Thanks for that info, was hoping that guy was ok..

Hard fought point in the end, we’d have nicked it with another ten mins despite the crap start.

Brilliant advert for Travis Perkins, one of their boards immediately in front of collapsed steps behind the goal and a sign saying ‘Caution - Uneven Surface’! Where oh where is the HSE? Surely W***ing don't have the funds to pay him off?
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Just watched the highlights and they don't confirm either way whether the ball crossed the line, but the reaction of the players who were close seems to suggest it didn't.
The linesman would have been roughly level with the 18 yard line when the bar hit the floor so i can't see how he could tell from that position either way whether the ball crossed the line or not.

To be fair the officials made a few mistakes both ways yesterday (especially with the advantage) so in in all a fair result.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

There's no way the linesman should be given that 2nd Welling goal. When the ball is struck he is in line with Azeez, he has no way of knowing 100% if that ball has crossed the line. It's also pretty telling that he flags to give the goal about 2-3 seconds after the ball "crossed" the line and also the Welling number 11 who is closest to the ball doesn't even appeal and is ready to set up for the corner.

I'm not saying it hasn't crossed, but in those situations the officials have to be 100% sure, which is impossible in this situation.
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Can understand Dowse's frustration again with another piss poor ball out of defence from Conor on the second goal.
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

It didn’t cross the line though!! What about our frustration!!
KentC

Post by KentC »

ozymandias wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 12:43 pm Can understand Dowse's frustration again with another piss poor ball out of defence from Conor on the second goal.

Happened more than once and Tom had to put in a few last ditch tackles during the game because of it
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Yes, very frustrating M1, given by an official 15yds behind the game. Happened in the past with Lampard's goal against Germany, with England's goal against Germany and with a certain Algerian officials who saw Maradona head the ball over Shilton.
Dowse has already said there have been mistakes in defence in the last few games. All I'm saying is the ball from Conor was perfect for the Welling guy who passed perfectly to Azeez who maybe scored, maybe didn't.
That's football.
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

That was NOT a performance from a team who is 2nd in the league , we were awful 1st half and couldnt string 3 passes together and continually booted the long ball from defence and didnt win many 2nd balls , Dowse has been round long enough to get this corrected so no excuses .2nd half much better [ thank god !!] but we need the legs in midfield [Allen = Coulson was awful !!] and to get the Essam/Bonner [ or an other] partnership back on track for clean sheets or our [ currently] comfortable place in the play offs will diminish !!!

Allen and Napa changed things as subs but my MOTM goes to Charlie Sheringham who got a vital goal and played a part in the equalizer and put in a good shift - a real credit !!!!!
Babylon

Post by Babylon »

Sums it all.up for me Dukey.
1st half was awful from Darts point of view.
Better in the 2nd half but it was still disjointed.
Not a game I will remember for its quality.
We need to finish as high as possible but after our last 3 games who knows.?
Hopefully a temporary loss of form will end soon.please
KSTDART

Post by KSTDART »

A big thanks to Erith & Belvedere who kindly left their gates wide open until just before 2.30 granting free entry to everyone who walked past them . I mean who would actually pay to go to that shit hole
KentC

Post by KentC »

KSTDART wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:06 pm A big thanks to Erith & Belvedere who kindly left their gates wide open until just before 2.30 granting free entry to everyone who walked past them . I mean who would actually pay to go to that shit hole

I want my money back