No votes
Jack Smith (Sub)
No votes

Total votes: 29

Sleightly Deceptive

Re: Dartford v Taunton Town Match postponed - Frozen pitch

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

DA Mikey wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:38 am
Sleightly Deceptive wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 7:16 am Feel sorry for Taunton Dart - but, if I may, I’ve benefited! Couldn’t make this one but should be okay for the rearranged fixture.
Yep, on a selfish note, the gods are smiling on this poor dry-January enforced soul! Worthing is wet cos four weeks is clearly enough (too much)!
😂 The Dry January Police won’t be at Worthing mate. 😜
Taunton Dart

Post by Taunton Dart »

It will be interesting to see when this fixture can be fitted in. Taunton have only played 19 league matches. There are 21 fixtures listed on their website, which makes a total of 40 league games - so they still have 6 more to fit in before the end of April....

For those compassionate ones of you worried about my wasted trip this weekend - I went to see Chatham v Beckenham with Gilesy and The Duke. Entertaining game on plastic and blown away by the changes at Chatham since my last visit 8 years ago
Undercover Elephant

Post by Undercover Elephant »

Re arranged for the 13th April!
The Futures White

Post by The Futures White »

Undercover Elephant wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:56 pm Re arranged for the 13th April!
Which is a Thursday.
BRASSNECK

Re: Dartford v Taunton Town - Thu 13 April 2023

Post by BRASSNECK »

The Futures White wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:42 pm
Undercover Elephant wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:56 pm Re arranged for the 13th April!
Which is a Thursday.
I think they ran out of Tuesdays.😂
DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

Coming up on halfway through February and Taunton’s scheduled fixture for today - hosting Hungerford - is postponed due to Hungerford’s FAT game. Being bottom of the table, it’d be interesting to know how much Hungerford want to progress in the trophy - it could be financially good for them, but at what cost?

So this means that Taunton will have to wait until 14th Feb to start the second half of their season. Going to be a fair few Tuesday / Thursday / Saturday fixtures for them!
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

They deserve all they get!! Fancy having no draught beer whatsoever in (was it) August??
Hitchin Dart79

Post by Hitchin Dart79 »

Their schedule looks horrendous and a trip to Dartford on a Thursday night is a nightmare! Hope they have a big squad!!
Taunton Dart

Post by Taunton Dart »

They have one of the smallest budgets in the league, along with Hungerford, and have just had two players leave who have gone to New Zealand. The lack of beer in the Taunton club house is a major topic of conversation amongst the Taunton supporters who frequent my pub. The general feeling is that they should move their clubhouse to the other side of the ground so that it can be open when the football ground isn't as it is in a residential area and could therefore generate a lot of additional income. The trouble for Taunton is that they have a small team running the club and are stretched. Two promotions in quick time mean that they are now playing at the highest level they ever have and the club has not been able to grow off the pitch as it has on it. Five of six years ago they did away with their in-house catering and started to reduce services in the clubhouse as well as opening times - now this policy has come back to bite them in the bum
Spike

Post by Spike »

Barring a series of miraculous upsets and statistical anomalies that would defy the laws of probability, Taunton are safely secured in the National South for another season. My advice to them would be to give their best players the night off on Thursday as a reward for their recent successful endeavours. Unlikely, but worth a shot.

Hopefully we can make amends for the game at their place which I believe was one of our worst performances of the season.
COYD
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

This will be a tough crack to nut. But we need a little space between us and City to mainly put pressure on them. We have to take advantage of our game in hand and if it's another ugly win then so be it.
COYD's
KentC

Post by KentC »

Don’t you just love this part of the season, every half, kick , mistake or just mental attitude is so so crucial.
These boys have showed they’ve risen to big occasions this season.
I hope for a decent performance at least and the right result to put us in an even stronger position.
We must all stick together on this run in and do our best to help see the boys home
Disco Stu

Post by Disco Stu »

We host Taunton tomorrow night for the first time ever. Let's hope we take the three points and officially cement our playoff spot. Here's the preview https://puredfc.co.uk/dartford-v-taunton-town
Hitchin Dart79

Post by Hitchin Dart79 »

Heck of a long way to come on a Thursday night and fair play to any hardy souls who travel. I wish them a safe journey but hope we take the points! The home form is good so expect a win!
Taunton Dart

Post by Taunton Dart »

I'm on my way from Taunton for the second time for this fixture. Looking forward to seeing all my Dartford friends and enjoying sponsoring the match. COYD

winchester-arms.jpg
winchester-arms.jpg (9.11 KiB) Viewed 2847 times
https://www.winchesterarmstrull.co.uk/
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Very Important game and if we can get a win it will put a bit of distance between us and the chasing clubs, may also give us a psychological edge come Saturday.

Not going to be easy though as Taunton are in very good form so we will need to be at our best.

Come Saturday we will have played four games in eight days so I wouldn't be surprised to see a few changes tonight.

COYD
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

Unfortunately can't attend this one. I expected some changes in the line up due to the busy week. Will be interesting to hear how Dunn plays as all we've seen from him is a small cameo off the bench . Not sure what type of player he is, but hopefully can provide that extra bit in the midfield that we've maybe lacked a lot this season.

Good to see Marvin back, I assumed he was still out on loan. I'm sure he has something to prove and Dowse is obviously impressed with him to throw him back in.

This is of course one of our games in hand, so a win would be huge and give us a bit of a cushion between the chasing pack.

COYD!
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

Jernade must be suspended Saturday then??