Keiran Murtagh (Sub)
No votes
Jack Smith (Sub)
No votes

Total votes: 29

Spike

Re: Dartford v Taunton Town - Thu 13 April 2023

Post by Spike »

Geez, that was a hard watch. We produced absolutely nothing in the second half and the better team won. Even I can't put a positive spin on that one. Woeful.
DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

The short spell in which Allen hit the crossbar and someone else hit the post in the first half was just a five minute glimmer of hope in what turned out to be a pretty dismal display tonight.
It looked like Taunton wanted the game more on and off the pitch, despite some notable effort from Coulson and Statham. I wondered why Coulson was receiving balls on the edge of the box and covering so much of the left flank and could only surmise that the single man up top wasn’t working.

Tonight’s loss has changed the dynamic of our run-in now as we need to find some points away, having been reliable at home and so poor on our travels this year. I fear that second place could slip if we fail to beat St. Albans next Saturday.
KSTDART

Post by KSTDART »

Really f*cked off with that , I understand players are tired but there was no spark or creativity tonight . if there was a game plan then I would like for someone to tell me what it was .
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

I’m often vilified by one or two on here for being ‘negative’ when actually I’m just only ever being realistic. For a long tome time now I’ve been suspecting, and commenting to one or two, quite quietly, that I think Dowse has ‘lost’ the dressing room. Since the new year and the inexplicable Wilks replacement, something has taken a massive turn for the worse. I can ‘feel’ it and I ‘see’ it on the pitch at MOST of the games. And, yes, I attend most. Even in the 2-1 win over Dover, it was clear there was no team cohesion. I single that out because we won - but it’s been apparent for all too long. Someone please tell me I’m wrong. I have a thick skin so I can take a fair bit of abuse and criticism from the hard-core faithful, (of which I’m one, by the way) but I’m sick to the back teeth of these inept performances. Particularly tonight when I dragged myself off my man-flu bed to watch that utter pile of shite that bordered on the Poole Town game! Can’t be certain from where I was standing, but was it Dowse that was red-carded? If so, that says a lot. Playoffs? Yep - but ALL the others will be trying to ‘engineer’ their final positions in the hope of playing us! Promotion, of course I hope so, but, again realistically, who of that bunch are we going to beat? MOTM? You’re kidding! What on earth has gone wrong at this football club since the turn of the year??
Russyb63

Post by Russyb63 »

Well that was hard to watch .
No talking , No game plan , No midfield .
Always second to the ball , passing was awful .
How Mr Dowson cant see this i do not know , substitutions a bit iffy too .
Taunton deserved that hands down , a well organised team . Having said that the Ref was bought every time with there every scream , very very embarrassing from Taunton .
We have not played well since Ebbsfleet double , going into the play-offs i just cant see us doing it but i hope i am proved wrong .
#COYD
Russyb63

Post by Russyb63 »

Sleightly Deceptive wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:37 pm I’m often vilified by one or two on here for being ‘negative’ when actually I’m just only ever being realistic. For a long tome time now I’ve been suspecting, and commenting to one or two, quite quietly, that I think Dowse has ‘lost’ the dressing room. Since the new year and the inexplicable Wilks replacement, something has taken a massive turn for the worse. I can ‘feel’ it and I ‘see’ it on the pitch at MOST of the games. And, yes, I attend most. Even in the 2-1 win over Dover, it was clear there was no team cohesion. I single that out because we won - but it’s been apparent for all too long. Someone please tell me I’m wrong. I have a thick skin so I can take a fair bit of abuse and criticism from the hard-core faithful, (of which I’m one, by the way) but I’m sick to the back teeth of these inept performances. Particularly tonight when I dragged myself off my man-flu bed to watch that utter pile of shite that bordered on the Poole Town game! Can’t be certain from where I was standing, but was it Dowse that was red-carded? If so, that says a lot. Playoffs? Yep - but ALL the others will be trying to ‘engineer’ their final positions in the hope of playing us! Promotion, of course I hope so, but, again realistically, who of that bunch are we going to beat? MOTM? You’re kidding! What on earth has gone wrong at this football club since the turn of the year??
I totally agree , how Mr Dowson cant see this i do not know . I prob said pretty much the same in my comments on the game & more . 👍
KentC

Post by KentC »

Dave T wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:11 pm
KentC wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 9:41 pm
BAWArmy wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 9:32 pm

I wasn't incorrect was I? More dropped points in a midweek game against lower opposition. We do it every single season.

You’re very sad

You were incorrect because We is wrong.
Didn’t really you’re a thick dumbass too
Dumbass, eh? To be honest Kentc, you're not acting particularly intelligently yourself.

I'm not sure what's the more childish; his predictable "wind up" posts whenever we fail to win, or you taking the bait and responding to him every single time 🙄

Firstly I don’t respond to him every single time.

Secondly what the f*** does it have to do with you.
Why are you getting involved with me over something you’re not involved in.
This was nothing to do with you and tbh if you wanna discuss this further you just let me know.
Not sure who the hell you think you are calling me out on something you’re not involved with.
If you want to discuss this further in person you let me know and I will put you straight in a few things.

to the forum I appreciate I’ve probably overstepped a mark here so I’m coming off for a while and I apologise for any offence.

As for you Dave you come and see me and we’ll discuss you getting involved in something that nothing to do with you and I will put you straight.
Just PM me and well sort it.
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

Sleightly Deceptive wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:37 pm I’m often vilified by one or two on here for being ‘negative’ when actually I’m just only ever being realistic. For a long tome time now I’ve been suspecting, and commenting to one or two, quite quietly, that I think Dowse has ‘lost’ the dressing room. Since the new year and the inexplicable Wilks replacement, something has taken a massive turn for the worse. I can ‘feel’ it and I ‘see’ it on the pitch at MOST of the games. And, yes, I attend most. Even in the 2-1 win over Dover, it was clear there was no team cohesion. I single that out because we won - but it’s been apparent for all too long. Someone please tell me I’m wrong. I have a thick skin so I can take a fair bit of abuse and criticism from the hard-core faithful, (of which I’m one, by the way) but I’m sick to the back teeth of these inept performances. Particularly tonight when I dragged myself off my man-flu bed to watch that utter pile of shite that bordered on the Poole Town game! Can’t be certain from where I was standing, but was it Dowse that was red-carded? If so, that says a lot. Playoffs? Yep - but ALL the others will be trying to ‘engineer’ their final positions in the hope of playing us! Promotion, of course I hope so, but, again realistically, who of that bunch are we going to beat? MOTM? You’re kidding! What on earth has gone wrong at this football club since the turn of the year??

I respect your opinion, but I think suggesting he's lost the dressing room is just wrong. There have been some strange decisions, but you get that with any club at every level.

I've been of the opinion for a while that our squad just isn't good enough. We've got some individual quality that shines through but when those players have an off day, or are injured the majority of the squad aren't good enough to carry us through the games.

My expectations at the start of the season were that we would be scrapping for the playoff places. It's just a shame 2nd place looked good for so long and we look like missing out
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

I’m sorry but put purely and simply that tonight was a shocker! For a team, playing at home, needing a win to press home the possibility of a 2nd placed finish, losing in the manner that we did was unacceptable. Take nothing away from Taunton, and despite a midweek journey of goodness knows how many hundreds of miles, looked the hungrier, more organised, and fitter of the two sides out there tonight and fair play to them. We should, frankly, be ashamed of that display.

Three changes from the team that won on Monday - why????

The shit show we were served on the pitch was not bettered by that off the pitch tonight either.

Bitterly disappointed is an understatement. I really can’t get my head round any of this,I really can’t!!

Goodnight, and see you at Tonbridge on Saturday who are much closer to where I live and probably treat their fans with a little more respect than Dartford did tonight.
Grassbank

Post by Grassbank »

Dreadful performance tonight from the boys in black and white and the man in black. Plenty of screaming and play acting from our opponents, but also a desire to take something from the match. They appeared to have settled for a draw with constant time wasting in the second half, but realised we had no real goal threat so gave it a go themselves.

Yet again we failed to test the opponents keeper in a home match. At the full time whistle, Taunton have a goal difference of nil and ours is +31. You would never have guessed from watching this match.

On Saturday we travel to opponents who have something to play for, unlike tonight. We have also played twice since they played last. There has to be a real threat that we will drop to third once Saturday is done. Then the pressure will really be on.

Not sure why Dowse was sent off. Can't believe it can be for something he said as I doubt anybody would have understood it. It summed up the referee though as it appeared that every decision went against us tonight.

Will we throw away the huge advantage that we had or will we surprise everybody and win away from home on Saturday? It all depends if it is Jekyl or Hyde that makes the trip to Tonbridge on Saturday.
rambo

Post by rambo »

What a pile of poo, less said the better
We started off ok and got steadily worse. To me Dunn looked ok , he was passing to feet
Marvin showed good skills but got little service. Bradbury was a handful in the first 25 then faded
Whynter does his job
Everything else was rubbish and on each substitution we looked less likely to score and eventually deserved the loss
Must do a lot better if we are to go up, clearly even if we finish second we will NOT be favourites to go up
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

Good point Tony H. I forgot about the behind the scenes shit show with the bar being closed because the London City Lionesses were having their meals. And the car park end refreshments booth being closed. What an insult to the travelling Taunton fans. The whole of DFC was a shambles tonight except for the sensible chap who, reluctantly, allowed us into the Champions bar for a pint.
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

I cant add anything to the comments about our performance {???} tonight and will be at Tonbridge on Saturday to enjoy the craic with fellow fans , certainly NOT for the drivel we have passed of as football recently.
Dowse has been publically been digging out players , perhaps he needs to have a look at himself for the reasons as to why were were playing some good football and getting results up until 2nd January 2023 and then the wheels fell of and we are struggling to maintain 2nd place .

Tonbridge away will be a real test and nothing I saw tonight[ or recently] gives me confidence that we will get at least a point from the match but football is a funny old game and maybe we will get a miracle !!!!!!!!!!

MOTM very difficult but Tom Bonner with mark of 7 the rest couldnt make a 5 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

Sleightly Deceptive wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 11:15 pm Good point Tony H. I forgot about the behind the scenes shit show with the bar being closed because the London City Lionesses were having their meals. And the car park end refreshments booth being closed. What an insult to the travelling Taunton fans. The whole of DFC was a shambles tonight except for the sensible chap who, reluctantly, allowed us into the Champions bar for a pint.
It’s nights like tonight, treated as a second class citizen yet somebody that is generally at the stadium at least two hours before kick-off spending money, that would make me want to go and support another team quite frankly. The club should get its f*****g act together!
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

It won't matter if i wait until tomorrow, the next day or any bloody day to post after that as my opinion won't change.
A truly inept performance and we got exactly what we deserved, NOTHING.
For at least 80 minutes of the 90 we posed no threat on their goal whatsoever but credit to their skipper (No. 4), on tonights performance he looked a very good player.

When we played at Taunton earlier in the season and they beat us i thought it was a poor game and expected they would be a fair bet for relegation, well they've done the double over us now and have gone on a great run and have deservedly secured their second season in the NLS, however i doubt they've had many easier games than tonights.

Not going to go comment anymore as all that matters now is we try and find a bit of form and secure promotion so i'll be at Tonbridge hoping we can put in a performance we know we are capable of.

Apologies to Tom.B as i was one of the sponsors guests who voted for him as MOTM and no player likes winning it when they've just lost, but in all honesty he was the only candidate IMO.
Ajaxman DFC

Post by Ajaxman DFC »

I'm not going to harp on about our general performance as it's already been said. Suffice to say we seem to live on our reputation as runners up.
Teams come to Princes Park under the illusion that we are not in second place for nothing.
Then within the first 15 minutes they realise things are not as tough as they thought and gain confidence as we allow them to grow into the game.

Alan Dowson said it's all about getting the result at this stage of the season, no matter how we do it. If we have to win ugly then so be it.

He knows what it takes to get promotion. That's why he signed Alex Wall. He knew he needed someone of his physical prowess with an edge to his game. That bit of nastiness required in a competition where fine margins are vital to success.

Opposition players go down squealing like pigs at the slightest contact to gain advantage. Very often it works. Who's fault is that? I'm sorry but the officials are regularly mugged off at this level. Professionals being managed by amateurs who are bought every time.

So taking into account all of the above, and while not condoning the actions of the England captain recently, as he had the back up of VAR and pitchside monitor viewed by a top class referee at his disposal, I would like to know why on earth Connor Essam didn't do a Harry Kane and go down like a pack of cards when elbowed in the face.

We wasn't playing well so a red card would have given us the advantage required at such an important stage of the season.

If we seriously want to get out of this league then we can't be nice guys all the time.
After all, no one else is.
Last edited by Ajaxman DFC on Fri Apr 14, 2023 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Harry

Post by Harry »

Despite the doom and gloom of the performance we still hold advantage over our immediate play off rivals, however we need to somehow get ourselves play off ready and find some consistency.

It is not easy for Dowse or the squad as realistically we have known we have been in the play off for a number of weeks now, and this I think is part of the issue, it seems we don't want to play a consistent first eleven, coupled with the fact due to a series of injuries we don't have our "first eleven" Dowse has picked teams that are good enough to win these games, but we are slightly down on our levels, dor example Marvin came in from his three loans spells and showed glimpses of what he can do, the same can be said for Dunn, Luke Allen, Wynts, Murtaugh, Samir and Luke Coulson have all been in and out of the side (mostly injuries) the same can be said for pretty much all of the squad including both GKs, with the exception of TBon and Connor pretty much every position and every player has had significant rotation in the last six weeks.

Now as we edge closer I hope we can start to select a settled 11, trying to protect players for the play offs doesn't work, we know this from well previous years, for example I last year we hammered Eastbourne by 7 goals, we lost out in the following home game after some significant rotation.

Hopefully last night's defeat can be used as a positive, as we do have the reality that every game from now on in matters, as we face the reality that we have to win to maintain 2nd place.

If ever there was a time for supporters to play a part this is it, let's do all that we can to get behind the lads for our remaining games as we all know we are more than capable of beating any team in this league.
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

Harry wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 5:51 am
If ever there was a time for supporters to play a part this is it, let's do all that we can to get behind the lads for our remaining games as we all know we are more than capable of beating any team in this league.
That is bang on sir! Now that the dust has settled on last nights debacle (Dowse got it wrong imo in terms of team selection - always stick with a winning formula!) let’s get behind the lads now and give them the support we know they need.

We will win at Tonbridge tomorrow. COYD’s.
DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

Tony H wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 6:44 am
Harry wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 5:51 am
That is bang on sir! Now that the dust has settled on last nights debacle (Dowse got it wrong imo in terms of team selection - always stick with a winning formula!) let’s get behind the lads now and give them the support we know they need.

We will win at Tonbridge tomorrow. COYD’s.
Well done you two. It was crap last night, but bleating on about it now is no more use than moaning on at a referee following a disallowed penalty. Onwards and upwards!
(I got a really good night’s sleep for some reason!)