Charlie Sheringham (Sub)
No votes
Pierre Fonkeu (Sub)
No votes

Total votes: 34

Undercover Elephant

Re: Cheshunt v Dartford Sat 7 Jan 2023

Post by Undercover Elephant »

Sleightly Deceptive wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 12:31 pm Another great day out. The most basic of grounds and quite a trek for facilities after a two-hour sesh before kick off and with a broken seal! Decent bunch of locals even if they are Spuds fans at heart!
( c’mon, fess up, who gave Wally MOTM ? 😂 )
That would be me! 🤣😂🤣😂
Grassbank

Post by Grassbank »

Ashamed to admit this was my first away game of the season. Nice club, with good facilities for the fans. Tricky pitch and wind conditions, but our team had exactly the right approach and produced an excellent result in the circumstances. Cheshunt played with spirit and I think that they may escape relegation this season.

I get the impression that refs have given up trying to assess who is fouling who when centre forward and centre halves tangle. The amount of holding that I have witnessed in our last two matches is becoming ridiculous. It is getting more like American Football, with the ball being irrelevant to the majority of the players. It certainly helps to have central defenders come forward to attack the box on set pieces as the defending team struggle to know who to grab hold of.

Looking forward to watching the remainder of this season unfold.
Spike

Post by Spike »

As others have said, the first half was a bit scrappy and the conditions were pretty awful for playing football. Lots of honest endeavour from both teams and it looked like Darts were going to have to work hard to grind out a result. Cheshunt are not a bad side and I'll be surprised if they don't stay up. However, once Darts got in front, I felt we began to take control and the home team's resistance gradually fell away. It was a strange own goal by Liburd as it looked for all the world as though he'd done it on purpose, rising beautifully and connecting perfectly to plant the ball firmly in the net.

Darts were significantly better in the second half and our energy levels and intensity seemed to increase as the game went on. I think fitness levels are excellent so credit to Dowse and the coaching team for that. Alex Wall is looking much more like his old self and I think keeping him fit is going to be so important to what has now become a title challenge. Injuries have always plagued Alex but at his best, he's one of the best strikers I've ever seen in a Dartford shirt and will always get goals. His physical presence is intimidating for our opponents and it doesn't hurt to have a scary monster in the side.
He took a bit of stick from a handful of supporters earlier this season, but I think a fit Alex Wall could be the key to a successful season.

Having said that, the outstanding player on the pitch yesterday was undoubtedly Luke Coulson. This guy is really doing the business now and was surely nailed on MOTM yesterday.

It may have been a cold, wet and miserable day weather wise, but Darts fans didn't seem to mind.
PeteSamson

Post by PeteSamson »

So that result was a potential banana skin overcome!
From the commentary, excellent again, I don't think anybody would enjoy playing in those conditions, so perhaps not surprising perhaps that the first half seemed mostly like a non event, where we didn't perhaps rise to recent levels. However, once we did score, there seemed to be no stopping the Darts. So, well played the Team, let's keep the run going, and a round of applause to those who travelled to the game.

COYD
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Looking at KST's vid's, that was a hell of a goal by Liburd. :)