FA Cup 2nd Qualifying Round Draw

Dartford v Hythe Town Sat 18 Sep 2021. Kick off 3pm

Referee: Oliver Mackey
Assistant Referee: Jake Woodman
Assistant Referee: Leigh Ballinger

Colours:-
Dartford FC – White shirts, black shorts
Hythe Town: – Red

Ground - The Bericote Powerhouse Princes Park, Grassbanks, Darenth Road, Dartford DA1 1RT

Prices on the turnstiles on matchday will be:-
Adults £12
Concessions £7
Youth (13-17) £5
Juniors (5-12) £2

WWW: https://www.dartfordfc.com/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/dartfordfc
Radio: https://mixlr.com/dartsfc

Between Dartford railway station & the ground (1 mile distance) there are The Malt Shovel & Ivy Leaf pubs.
Slightly in town there are other pubs including the micropub, The Dartford Jug:
https://www.thedartfordjug.co.uk/
KSTDART

Re: FA Cup 2nd Qualifying Round Draw: Dartford v Hythe Town Sat 18 Sep 2021

Post by KSTDART »

A game we should win but I am sure Hythe will be up for a fight so no room for complacency. Hopefully the start of a good run in the cup this year .
MickW

Post by MickW »

Be great to have a good cup run - its been a while.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

The FA Cup brings back lots of mixed memories for me, Met Police away on MOTD and the George Borg screamer, long unsuccessful away trips to Exeter and Bournemouth to name a few.
Its a shame lots of higher ranked clubs don't show this competition the respect it deserves but i always look forward to it and as always hope that this could be the year we finally have a good run and i get to see us beat a league club.

They have a few ex Darts players in their squad in Tom Wynter, James Rogers, Alex Brown and Alex Flisher and add to that some familiar faces with plenty of experience so we will need to make sure we approach the game in the right frame of mind.

Just like to mention our Youth Team are also at Home in the FA Youth Cup on Wednesday so may well pop up to have a watch:-
https://twitter.com/dartfordfc/status/1 ... 8518311936

COYD
Last edited by Park Life on Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Spike

Post by Spike »

It was Dartford's last FA Cup win over football league opposition (Aldershot on 16th Nov 1968) that got me started supporting the Darts. I was just a little kid and didn't even know we had a team until Frank Bough said we'd won. Since then we've come close once or twice but in recent years we've never really threatened to do it again. I do feel though, that this current squad has a bit of swagger about it and should we make it past Hythe and beyond, there is every chance that we could topple a league club for the first time in 53 years. There's a long way to go of course, and if we're not on our game then it could end on Saturday, but I honestly feel that if the opportunity to play a league side arises, this squad has the quality and, maybe more importantly, the confidence to claim a scalp. Despite the Premier League teams' best efforts to devalue it, I still love the FA Cup ... at least, all the time we're in it. COYD.
Dave T

Post by Dave T »

Like Spike says, with this squad we have a real opportunity for a decent cup run this season.

I expect Kingy to play a few of the lads who have not had as much game time so far, but playing Craig King, Tyrique Hyde, Connor Essam, Luke Allen, George Porter and Ronnie Vint (fitness permitting) hardly weakens the side - most would walk into any other NLS team.

What a squad we have this season, and as we progress, our strength in depth could be key 😊
Top Cat

Post by Top Cat »

I predict a crowd between 800-1000 for Saturday and hopefully Hythe will bring a good gathering to make it a good atmosphere . Always look forward to the cup matches although in recent years we haven’t fared well , so hopefully Saturday could be the start of better things to come ? I believe It will be a different lineup to the last one but no way inferior . Some say this is Hythes cup final being the underdog ,and in no way will they be a pushover , but I know we have enough quality in this squad to get the right result and progress , so going for a 3-1 fingers crossed .
JCJ

Post by JCJ »

Looking forward to this game but need to be on our best as they have nothing to lose,
A good cup run long over due in my opinion remember the buzz when we played Bournemouth at Watling Street then getting Man U in the draw that evening, unfortunately losing the replay, Also the game at Millwall and more recent Port Vale & Bradford, and as Park Life said being at Met Police when the MOTD Cameras were there and Georgie Borgs rocket, If I recall correctly someone shouting hit George and boy did he hit it.
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

Hoping this is the beginning of a wonderful journey to the Emirates in January! COYD! 🎯
Ajaxman DFC

Post by Ajaxman DFC »

If I remember rightly Harry Redknapp was the Bournemouth manager at the time.
He then masterminded a famous victory over Man United in the next round.
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Same with me Spike, the Aldershot game was my first FA Cup game although I'm pretty sure my parents may have taken me to one before I got an interest. Always remember the News of the World headline 'Renwick foul sparks row'. It wasn't so much a foul as a left hook that floored Alan Cheesewright in the box to give us a penalty.
Let's hope we can start a nice run and that we are capable of not letting Hythe Town produce a giant killing act. Although it has been known. :o
COYD's
Kebabus

Post by Kebabus »

We say every year, will hope that we can navigate through on Saturday and beyond, about time we made the first round proper, then who knows.
Should be an entertaining game, as Kev says, no complacency
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

Testing, testing eins, zwei, drei??
DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

M1 South wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:00 pm Testing, testing eins, zwei, drei??
Just be careful applying your barrier method around here!
Disco Stu

Post by Disco Stu »

Hopefully the Darts can put a cup run together and Kingy gets his maiden F.A Cup win as Dartford boss. Playing Hythe is a good reminder of what can happen in cup games, the 2012 Kent Senior Cup final against them ended in defeat.

Although we do have an excellent squad. As long as whoever plays match our opponents work rate then we should be okay.
Matlockgladiator

Post by Matlockgladiator »

Indeed - remember the shocking losing to Hythe ! No repeat please !! Come on you Darts !
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

I believe Steve said he was going to watch Hythe tonight and they ended up beating Sittingbourne 2-1 at home.
Goalscorers were Liam Smith and Frannie Collin, names not unfamiliar to us.
Groundhopper87

Post by Groundhopper87 »

Morning gents, I’m making my first trip on Saturday and had a couple of questions that I hope you can help me with.

With the stand with seats, If you pay on the gate for the seated area, are you allocated a ticket as such or is it general admission?

What’s parking like also in the car park, is there height restrictions, as I’d be in a small van.

Many thanks and look forward to Saturday. COYD!
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

Small vans no problem in main car park. And once you’re in the ground, you’re in the ground!!
Enjoy!! x
Silverado

Post by Silverado »

Car parking can be a bit restricted due partly to ambulances and large containers/skips being permanently parked there; best to arrive no later than 2.00pm.
Entry to stand is free, but please note some seats are reserved.