Keiran Murtagh (Sub)
No votes
Pierre Fonkeu (Sub)
No votes

Total votes: 34

ozymandias

Re: Ebbsfleet v Dartford Mon 26 Dec 2022 at 3pm

Post by ozymandias »

Quality performance across the pitch from the lads. Ebbsfleet were all at sea first half and just could not handle the quality that was running at them. Good defending throughout, couldn't fault one player of ours.
Solly putting balls in row 5 of the stadium, Wall was on him in a flash.
For me Wall was excellent and Statham my MOTM by a country mile. Best Boxing Day ever.
Fleet fans heading for the gates on 70 minutes.
And BAWArmy seeming annoyed by the fact we had Fleet by the curlies from the start of the game. True colours shown.
The young referee had a good game and wasn't swayed by the Hungerford reserves.
Fleet totally outclassed for 80% of the game. Even when they scored it was like their fans were surprised.
A great game for the Club. :D
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

What a first half,a fantastic team performances but for like many other Max was man of the match for me and Alex a close 2nd.
Thought the lady ref had a good game she let some tackles go and was not whistle happy like some we have had.
Typical ebbsfleet moaning about the ref she didn’t fall for their diving antics.🤣
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

M1 South

Post by M1 South »

What a complete twat their manager is!!
3 down at home after 10 x minutes & he blames the officials!! They are full time, with too much money & got battered!!
End of!!
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

I wonder if ‘The Good Doctor’ as they call him, was there today watching that shite ? Wondering whether to pull his money out now, or wait until the end of the season??
Grassbank

Post by Grassbank »

Watching the goal tally mount on Flashscores as I carved the lamb helped make up for not being at the ground today. Family commitments have stopped me watching Boxing Day matches for more than twenty year now. It would be nice for a repeat performance on New Years Day as I already have tickets and would love to be part of another big celebration come the final whistle.

Merry Christmas to everybody involved with the club.
tommytollbooth

Post by tommytollbooth »

A great day out at the football, our team were outstanding. The Fleet did tend to commit hari- kiri in the first ten minutes by poncing on the ball and trying to play it leisurely out from the back allowing our forwards to quickly close them down. I must admit I was not impressed when we resigned Alex Wall but on his day he's a good footballer and a real handful as their defence found out. We had some good chances 2nd half to really rub their noses in it but they didn't go in, their keeper making himself big and blocking them. The only downside was an injury to fullback Sam who had be helped off the pitch, he has been a real find for Dartford, so lets hope its not serious.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

"Dartford assistant manager Christian Jolley reacts to 4-1 National League South win at Ebbsfleet United"

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/dartford/s ... va-279490/
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Like Christian's views a lot. Honest talking. Yes, I was probably a critic of the signings of Wall and Sheringham at the beginning of the season but Dowse gets the best out of them both. Yesterday Alex was immense and deserves the acclaim he's getting.
I was also thinking it would have been nice to have had Smithy and Johnson in the starting line up and was so pleased to have young Jack back on the bench. He looked so up for it when he came on even if he only had 10 minutes.
COYD's
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

M1 South

Post by M1 South »

That boy talks sense!!
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

M1 South wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 10:47 am That boy talks sense!!
Quality 🤣🤣🤣🤣
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

Hurry up & get those Highlights up Parky!!
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

M1 South wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 1:29 pm Hurry up & get those Highlights up Parky!!
I keep checking every 5 mins mate.

Going into a show at 2:30 so hope its before then 🤣🤣
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

M1 South wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 10:47 am That boy talks sense!!
Gawd knows how! 😝
Spike

Post by Spike »

Incredible game, Darts went for the jugular right from the off and it was all over after 15 mins. Following on from Havant, that's 2 great back to back away wins against the two big spending teams everyone tipped to finish first and second. Similar to the Tony Burman success years, it seems Dowse has assembled a team that is significantly greater than the sum of it's parts. Yes, there are quality players in our squad, but the team spirit and work ethic is phenomenal and takes us up another level.

I don't think anyone gave less than an 8/10 yesterday, but the standout for me was Maxwell Statham who gets my MOTM vote, with Alex Wall just missing out. Similar to the Havant game, there was a high energy intensity about our performance that simply overwhelmed our opponents. Fleet's determination to play out from the back proved to be their undoing as Darts were just all over them. This tactic has obviously served them well for a while as you don't get that many points by accident, but it did seem that even though it clearly wasn't working, they had no back up plan and made no attempt to change their strategy. From a tactical point of view, Dowse gave Kutrieb a bloody good hiding. Our forwards pressed them hard and whilst Fleet looked easy on the eye and quite threatening going forward, defensively we made them look very poor indeed.

Fleet's current situation does seem very similar to ours last season. An absolutely incredible start and then the wheels came off. Okay, we eventually recovered a little and still made the play-offs, but could never get back to that early season level. Fleet have now lost 6 of their last 8 competitive games which is a bit more than a blip. Kutrieb is under immense pressure to get a result next Sunday as 7 defeats in 9 would surely constitute a crisis for a club that have backed the manager financially to the extent that the title had become an expectation rather than a hope. Darts, on the other hand, started the season with much more modest aspirations. The general consensus amongst our fans was that Fleet and Havant had the top two places sewn up and that we would probably be competing with about 8 or 9 other clubs for the remaining 5 play-off spots and achieving one would be seen as a decent season. Now all of a sudden we have a chance next Sunday to open up a 6 point lead at the top of the table. Sure, Fleet would still have 3 games in hand, but if that situation materialises, boy are they going to be feeling the pressure.

ps. Fantastic to see last year's (almost unanimous) player of the season, Dan back in goal yesterday. Young and Mare have done a great job in his absence, but Dan is a bit special.
KentC

Post by KentC »

Unable to go because of family commitments etc.
Read all the write ups and had a mate there for updates.
Absolutely made up but the most satisfying thing is it was well deserved and not a freak result.
On to NYD where I’d imagine they will be hurting badly so will be massively up for the game but we will more than match that hunger we know that about our boys.

Massive well done to the players, management team and the excellent support .
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

This time yesterday we were 3 up.🤣🤣
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Enjoy:-

The 5th Searcher

Post by The 5th Searcher »

Loved watching that, cheers PL.