Wall for Sheringham
Park Life

Re: Dartford v Bath City Sat 10 Dec 2022 - 12.30pm Kick Off

Post by Park Life »

FT 0-0.
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

Can't help but feel that's another 2 points dropped.

I didnt attend so can't comment too much on the performance but from the commentary I am disappointed with what I heard

It sounded very much like we struggled to create anything and aside from the disallowed goal we didn't actually have a shot on goal

Towards the end Bath sounded like they were more likely to score and could've nicked one on the counter.

Big few games coming up.
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

Not a great game,bath probably had the best chances outstanding block by Tom Bonner near the end was as good as a goal.
Silverado

Post by Silverado »

More like a point gained than two points dropped today, because we were definitely second best in all departments (except goalkeeping - and it says a lot when your GK is voted sponsors' MOTM). I think that's the worst I've seen us play at home all season. Bath never gave us a look in (why did the ref disallow our "goal" BTW?). They were quicker on the ball and into the tackle and made our passing terrible. It was a good job that our back four were such stout last-ditch defenders. Very disappointing. Still, we are a point closer to Ebbsfleet, since their game (away to Chippenham) was frozen off. Against that, they now have 4 games in hand over us (plus H&W are winning). :cry:
Top Cat

Post by Top Cat »

I’ve seen some poor games up PP and this one ranks right up there . Bath might well feel a little disappointed not to have taken all three points , but for some last ditch defending by Tom and some assured goalkeeping , so overall I think we can see this has a point gained rather than two lost .
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

Bkev180

Post by Bkev180 »

How many more games does dowse select certain midfielder who thinks he's the Messi of dartford attempting blind passes and gives ball away 80% of the time at least luke alan came on and put legs in midfield missing smith and Johnson nowt said about them 2
Charlie can't do everything up top on his own everytime today long ball no support around him that's my opinion
MickW

Post by MickW »

Awful game to watch and Connor was lucky not to get sent off for a second yellow. I can only think that our goal was disallowed for a push as the linesman didn't signal offside.
Keeper getting MoM was probably abour right, but he only had to make a couple of good saves to achieve that accolade, which says it all.
JCJ

Post by JCJ »

Bkev180 wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 4:00 pm How many more games does dowse select certain midfielder who thinks he's the Messi of dartford attempting blind passes and gives ball away 80% of the time at least luke alan came on and put legs in midfield missing smith and Johnson nowt said about them 2
Charlie can't do everything up top on his own everytime today long ball no support around him that's my opinion
I think Johnson loan has ended, Smith apparently was nearly ready after injury for this game,

Thought atmosphere at the ground is not good of late and wonder if that has some bearing on our performances of late
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

Match Report by Chris Palmer

Dartford’s excellent winning run at Bericote Powerhouse Princes Park came to an end, as a well-organised Bath City held them to a goalless draw in front of 835 supporters.

With both sides struggling to regain their consistent run of form, it was no surprise that an even first-half failed to ignite any passion amongst the shivering supporters who’d left the warmth of their homes for the 12.30pm kick-off on a freezing cold Saturday.

Dartford debutant Malachi Napa, who’d arrived on loan from National League side Wealdstone, looked lively in the first forty-five. The attacking midfielder was able to race down the right-flank and send a dangerous cross across the goal-mouth early, but no Dartford teammate was able to get to the ball. He’d repeat the feat later in the half with a similar result, as the Darts struggled to fire.

In fact, the closest anyone came to registering a shot on target, was when Charlie Sheringham received the ball after Samir Carruthers and Maxwell Statham combined well, only to fire over Josh Gould’s crossbar in the 36th minute.

The second forty-five began in similar fashion, but Alan Dowson’s Darts did look to press higher up the pitch in order to create something meaningful. They thought they’d opened the scoring in the 57th minute when Charlie Sheringham got on the end of Maxwell Statham’s cross, but the striker’s effort was chalked off for a nudge on the defender’s back during the build-up.

The first official shot on target finally arrived in the 71st minute, when Malachi Napa’s long-range drive was collected by Josh Gould.

Five minutes later saw Callum Ebanks get on the end of Scott Wilson’s excellent cross to bury the ball beyond Archie Mair. However, that one was also ruled out after the referee, Mr Jack Packman, deemed the Roman to be offside.

Alan Dowson was the only manager to take advantage of his substitutions, as he used all three available during the second-half. First to enter proceedings was Luke Allen, as he replaced Keiran Murtagh in the 66th minute. That was then followed by Davide Rodari coming on for Malachi Napa (72) and Alex Wall replacing Charlie Sheringham (77).

However, the changes didn’t really work in favour of the hosts on this occasion, as the pendulum swung towards the visitors and they began to look more threatening during the final 15-20 minutes.

Man of The Match, Archie Mair, saved well from Dan Hayfield’s deflected strike (77), before the goalkeeper repeated the feat to thwart James Morton (81).

And, with the Romans looking the more likely to nick the points, Archie Mair was fortunate that Callum Ebanks’ 82nd minute header was straight at him from close-range.

Tom Bonner then stepped up to ensure the points were shared with two superb blocks. The first occurred in the 88th minute, when he prevented Tom Smith from scoring a certain goal, before the Dartford Skipper did it again deep into stoppage time to frustrate the visitors once again.

Whilst this wasn’t the best performance by either side, as the weather surely played its part, the Darts will be grateful to have remained organised in order to have earned a valuable point.

TEAMS

DARTFORD: Archie Mair, Jordan Wynter, Samir Carruthers, Connor Essam, Tom Bonner (c), Keiran Murtagh, Maxwell Statham, Pierre Fonkeu, Charlie Sheringham, Sam Odaudu, Malachi Napa.

SUBSTITUTES: Kristian Campbell, Luke Coulson, Luke Allen, Alex Wall, Davide Rodari.

BATH CITY: Josh Gould, Joe Raynes, Dan Greenslade, Jordan Dyer, Kieran Parselle, Dan Hayfield, Tom Smith, Chris Lines, Scott Wilson, James Morton, Callum Ebanks.

SUBSTITUTES: Jack Batten, Ben Ford, Ryan Clarke, Luke Spokes, Rex Mannings.

By Chris Palmer
Fred OLness

Post by Fred OLness »

Bkev180 wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 4:00 pm How many more games does dowse select certain midfielder who thinks he's the Messi of dartford attempting blind passes and gives ball away 80% of the time at least luke alan came on and put legs in midfield missing smith and Johnson nowt said about them 2
Murtah has just not got the legs.
He weakens our midfield.
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

As the gaffer said in his post-match interview - take the point and move on! Work to do on the training pitch ahead of the next three big games though and, possibly, some soul searching!!

To answer another posters question, Charlie’s goal was disallowed for a clear push on the defender that gave him the space to get his header away. Absolutely correct decision, no argument.Refs have come under a lot of criticism this season (and there has been some shockers!) but thought he did okay today.

Bath wil be the more happier of the two teams today with that result and fair play to them. We need to do better and, jeez, hope we get some in after the Christmas period - particularly a goal scorer AND let’s have Dan Roberts back please.

MotM for me close between Captain Tom and Wynts. I’ll go for the latter - tackled monstrously today.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Have to be honest and say it was tough watching that today.
Bath were slightly the better side but i don't think either side deserved to win, in fact i don't think either side deserved a draw it was that poor.

We sat deep for most of the game and didn't press them at all and seemed to lack the desire to go and try to win the game.
So in view of how poor we played getting a point was probably a bonus, although it certainly doesn't feel like that.

MOTM between Archie and Tom as they were the only real contenders imo, just gave it to Tom as without his late interventions we would have lost the game.

The next three games will arguably be the hardest of the season so we will need to improve going forward as we haven't really threatened our opponents goal in either of the last two games.

As for the very late change in kick off time today, didn't agree with it before as i can't think of a single benefit for our club.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Babylon

Post by Babylon »

Very poor from the Darts
Awful match, those that didn't attend for whatever reason ...made the right
choice.
Apart from a couple of our players it was a pathetic performance by the Darts.
Bath had the edge but were unable to take advantage.
The most boring game I have seen at PP for many a year
UTTER GARBAGE!!
Spike

Post by Spike »

They should have taken this match to Switzerland where it could have died with dignity.