Change of admission policy for supporters 13 -17yrs old

KSTDART

Re: Change of admission policy for supporters 13 -17yrs old

Post by KSTDART »

A Dartford regular came to the game today with his son and daughter. He came through the turnstile , his son followed and then his 17 year old daughter. She was then stopped and refused entry . She said thats my dad and brother who were in front but whoever was on the turnstile said he did not believe her . It only got resolved when her brother came back to look for her but this f*cking ridiculous . It was just as well it was her brother that realised and came back not her dad !
rambo

Post by rambo »

The club have made a mistake and need to rethink this.
There was no atmosphere no noise and no drummer yesterday
I am sure this will harm the efforts on the field eventually
Just off the top of my head I believe the club should have an open day when they will register all the junior tickets at no cost. Make the youngsters aware that they will get free offers to get in at no cost for say five games per season
Obviously make it easy to obtain the permits throughout the season always at no cost
Make it clear anyone misbehaving will have the permit withdrawn for the season
Without these young people in the ground we are nothing
👎👎
Tall Dart

Post by Tall Dart »

rambo wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:53 am The club have made a mistake and need to rethink this.
There was no atmosphere no noise and no drummer yesterday
I am sure this will harm the efforts on the field eventually
Just off the top of my head I believe the club should have an open day when they will register all the junior tickets at no cost. Make the youngsters aware that they will get free offers to get in at no cost for say five games per season
Obviously make it easy to obtain the permits throughout the season always at no cost
Make it clear anyone misbehaving will have the permit withdrawn for the season
Without these young people in the ground we are nothing
👎👎
A good idea handled badly. Heard first hand that a number of would be youth fans understand they are no longer allowed in unless with an adult, not even aware of the youth card. Looks like the fans have either miss understood the new system or have voted with their feet.

Thought the new management wanted "everyone" involved. May take something to sort this mess out.
JCJ

Post by JCJ »

The club do need to rethink this atmosphere yesterday was dreadful,

Other clubs will welcome these young supporters with open arms and will be hard to get them back and these are the club’s future, be good to hear something from the club on this
KentC.

Post by KentC. »

Would be good to know what the clubs thoughts are on this now we’ve had the game and people’s opinions.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

KentC. wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:14 pm Would be good to know what the clubs thoughts are on this now we’ve had the game and people’s opinions.
They tweeted this today:-

https://www.dartfordfc.com/youth-membership-scheme/
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

Can’t help but think we might’ve scored a bit of an OG on this one. I stand reasonably near to the ‘yoof of today’ (when they were present) and they didn’t really do much more than ‘test’ the stewards’ patience. To be honest, the stewards have never really been required to do much ‘proper’ (confrontational) work and when ‘called upon’ there may be a tendency to over react a bit and ‘rise to the bait.’ I think the ‘yoof’ might respond better to a few ‘words of advice’ from the DFCSA ‘elders’ keeping them in check whilst maintaining our very important growing fan base. The ‘kids’ are only trying to impress the birds anyway! 😉 I’d rather have them being a tad naughty, now, at PP, than them becoming a bunch of tossers at the Village or Webbedfeet. The atmos against Concord was flatter than a witches tit!

Now, if the clever boffins could come up with a scheme to get rid of the shit standard of refereeing in this league, then I’m ‘all in!’
KentC.

Post by KentC. »

Park Life wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:58 pm
KentC. wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:14 pm Would be good to know what the clubs thoughts are on this now we’ve had the game and people’s opinions.
They tweeted this today:-

https://www.dartfordfc.com/youth-membership-scheme/

Thanks PL.

I don’t see this as positive and the cynical in me would say this is a failure on the clubs part and a cop out rather than deal with any trouble etc. I know Ebsfleet have had issues this season, it’s not just us. I’d be interested to find out how many clubs in our league have this same ruling.
Tall Dart

Post by Tall Dart »

I initially thought it sounded like a good idea in a way. However you would have thought there would have been a big discussion on when and how to implement it. It does unfortunately come across as somewhat rushed in. Considering they generally just cheer on the team, not ever seem much in the way of trouble in the ground. Who knows, maybe the club have some other information that's has forced their hand. But why weren't we handing out a free DFC pack with application form etc inside, if we wanted to retain the loyal fans, that turn up week in week out?! OG is an understatement. I thought we were supposed to be bringing everyone together, on and off the field. Some of the earlier good work put in by the club (seemingly pushed along by Douse), has been undone. These guys are the future of the club.

Not sure how they come back from this one...
Ring of fire

Post by Ring of fire »

The vocal yoof is most welcome and is the future!
However, without their own Adult supervision, behaviour had seemed to be deteriorating. Bottles started to be used as missiles at the opposition keeper, smoking / vaping amongst kids and annoying other spectators (who reported these), foul language used, entering pitch perimeter, as short cut to toilets (Drug Smell there). 1-2 older teenagers seemed to be stoking it up, with more unacceptable language and misdemeanours!
Dunno what's meant by 'DFCSA Elders' keeping them in check... As far as we know, DFCSA committee members are merely volunteers who mostly have match day duties and often miss some of the action already. In any case, they're untrained at crowd management!
Just wishing that the club's invitation to apply for the Youth Membership is swiftly successful, so that a more organised / supervised DFC Youth voice is heard in harmony. Hoping all means are also used to clearly communicate the reasoning behind this action!
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

I never stand behind the goal so not really sure what all the fuss is about? From where I sit (home & away) they just seem to be a group of lads out to have a bit of a laugh together. I’ve never seen any bottles thrown (I assume plastic with no top on so not exactly a missile?)
And as I stated earlier a bit of ‘friendly abuse to the opposing goalie is all part & parcel of non league football, & why we love it!! Some Goalies can take it & respond with a bit of banter whilst some obviously can’t!!
Let’s all just get on with it for christs sake!!
Sleightly Deceptive

Ring of fire wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:58 pm The vocal yoof is most welcome and is the future!
However, without their own Adult supervision, behaviour had seemed to be deteriorating. Bottles started to be used as missiles at the opposition keeper, smoking / vaping amongst kids and annoying other spectators (who reported these), foul language used, entering pitch perimeter, as short cut to toilets (Drug Smell there). 1-2 older teenagers seemed to be stoking it up, with more unacceptable language and misdemeanours!
Dunno what's meant by 'DFCSA Elders' keeping them in check... As far as we know, DFCSA committee members are merely volunteers who mostly have match day duties and often miss some of the action already. In any case, they're untrained at crowd management!
Just wishing that the club's invitation to apply for the Youth Membership is swiftly successful, so that a more organised / supervised DFC Youth voice is heard in harmony. Hoping all means are also used to clearly communicate the reasoning behind this action!
The ‘DFC Elders’ bit I alluded to was a kinda prompt to the more, ahem, ‘Senior’ DFC supporter nearby - (not necessarily DFCSA - my bad,) to have a nice, smiley, friendly word in their shell-likes - along the lines of, “well done, very funny, now stop being a James Hunt!” It kinda nearly worked when that tit went onto the pitch and was booed and stopped from getting back to the terrace. The best form of admonishment for the ‘yoof’ is from their peers or a ‘respected’ wider group of ‘common ground’ elders. They’ll only rebel against any kind of authority. Just like ‘we’ did? And, tbh, they’re probably laughing (like most of us adults) at the ineffectiveness of any stewarding who are either a) untrained in dealing with conflict resolution or b) too f’kin scared to. But we absolutely MUST do what we can to keep em coming to DFC and not ‘sending’ them east or west to our rivals. Sadly, I think they’ve already made up their mind and told DFC to ‘do one.’ And, I kinda don’t blame em. Needed thinking through before a knee jerk reaction. Which is only what it appears to be. I reiterate what Tall Dart alluded to, maybe there’s more than meets the eye?
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

I'd personally would like to hear BAWArmy's view on this. :D
BAWArmy

Post by BAWArmy »

ozymandias wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:01 am I'd personally would like to hear BAWArmy's view on this. :D
I think its ridiculous we are making it difficult for an entire age to attend, which will no doubt push them towards other local clubs all because of a few trouble makers that could be dealt with on an individual basis.
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

BAWArmy wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:48 am
ozymandias wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:01 am I'd personally would like to hear BAWArmy's view on this. :D
I think its ridiculous we are making it difficult for an entire age to attend, which will no doubt push them towards other local clubs all because of a few trouble makers that could be dealt with on an individual basis.
Not really.

UPTHEDARTS
Dart Mark

Post by Dart Mark »

Some of the worst behaviour and language behind the goal doesn't come from teenagers. Ridiculous from the club
BAWArmy

Post by BAWArmy »

BRASSNECK wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 1:03 pm
Not really.

UPTHEDARTS

Did you see the atmosphere, or lack of at the Concord game?? Clearly not.
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

BAWArmy wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:32 pm
BRASSNECK wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 1:03 pm

Not really.

UPTHEDARTS

Did you see the atmosphere, or lack of at the Concord game?? Clearly not.
As I was at the game unlike you I thought the atmosphere was fine no annoying banging drum.

UpTheDarts
Sleightly Deceptive

Why respond to the 🛎️ end? Just ignore IT. IT only mentioned the lack of atmosphere at the Concord game because one or two mentioned it in these pages. I’m very surprised IT is still allowed to comment in here. It’s time IT was kicked out! IT does not watch DFC. IT has made that clear. Nowt but a piece of trolling 💩 on the bottom of ya shoe! No constructive contribution to the forum whatsoever. Why not make it a rule to just ignore IT? And again when IT pops up with another identity. IT’s style of writing is sooo easy to identify. I know I’ve mentioned IT again here - but only in the hope that IT dies in this forum. #IT OUT! 😃
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

Sleightly Deceptive wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 8:18 pm Why respond to the 🛎️ end? Just ignore IT. IT only mentioned the lack of atmosphere at the Concord game because one or two mentioned it in these pages. I’m very surprised IT is still allowed to comment in here. It’s time IT was kicked out! IT does not watch DFC. IT has made that clear. Nowt but a piece of trolling 💩 on the bottom of ya shoe! No constructive contribution to the forum whatsoever. Why not make it a rule to just ignore IT? And again when IT pops up with another identity. IT’s style of writing is sooo easy to identify. I know I’ve mentioned IT again here - but only in the hope that IT dies in this forum. #IT OUT! 😃
I was bored.😂

UpTheDarts