27%
Keiran Murtagh (Sub)
No votes

Total votes: 44

Park Life

Re: Dartford v Weymouth Sat 29 Oct 2022

Post by Park Life »

Ht 1-0.

We've had Johnson and Sheringham booked.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

HT Sub:-

Coulson for Carruthers,
Carruthers was struggling with what looked like a strain/pull first half.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Wynter booked.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Attendance 1036.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Sub:-
Wall for Sheringham.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Penalty for handball.
2-0 Wall.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Sub:-
Murtagh for Johnson.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

3-0 Wall.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

FT 3-0
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

Webbedfeet are wobbling??
Babylon

Post by Babylon »

Regulation win against a team who were better than their position in the league Great 1st goal by Johnson ...superb strike.
Wall took an unstoppable penalty for the 2nd and scored the 3rd late on by which time Weymouth were well beaten.
We won comfortably in the end against a team who looked reasonable until the final 3rd of the pitch
3 points and on tother bus stop team on tuesday.
KSTDART

Post by KSTDART »

Very happy with 3 points but the score line flattered us and I still do not think we are the finished article yet . I would like to see us play with a bit more width at times .
Alex is getting fitter and starting to look like his old self .

Here are the goals

Joshua Johnson scores a screamer to open the scoring for Dartford v Weymouth

Alex Wall smashes home the penalty for Dartford after Weymouth player handles

Alex Wall scores his 2nd and Dartfordo 3rd v Weymouth

PS , DOSE ANY HAVE OR CAN FIND JOSHUA JOHNSONS SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNT SO I CAN SEND HIM HIS GOAL ?!
DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

For the third goal it looked as though Fonkeu looked may have held onto the ball for one touch too many before rolling it out to Wall for the finish, but Alex was offside for a little bit, so either a stroke of luck or a great judgement call to hesitate.
If their keeper had got in the way of the penalty I reckon he would still be on the floor, the ball lifted the net up by some way when it registered!
First goal came far too early for me, so eager to see it on the replay. Didn’t see much about Weymouth to suggest they can get out of their mess anytime soon. Great run we’re on COYD.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Grassbank

Post by Grassbank »

Weymouth proved to be difficult opponents, playing some good passing football and a lot of long ball over our back line. It almost led to a goal, but Joe stood up and made a good save.

Samir never got into the game and was presumably carrying a knock. He did not come out for the second half. Charlie was being constantly fouled throughout the match and picked up a yellow card in the first half for a strong tackle. He caused Weymouth constant problems and they probably breathed a sigh of relief when he was subbed. However, Alex had his scoring boots on today and almost broke the net with his penalty. Our third goal was a well worked two against three with Alex on the end again.

We will play better this season and lose. Best that we enjoy it while we can.
PeteSamson

Post by PeteSamson »

Once again, another excellent commentary for those who can't attend games. Absolutely first class and very enjoyable to listen to. Thanks to those involved.

The management team wete expecting a tough game from Weymouth who have recently sermed to be recovering from their stuttering start to the season and being boosted by their new management team. And so it all seemed in the early stages of the game. However, as the game progressed, the Darts made their recent form count and ran out worthy winners, so well done to the whole squad, because the subs coming on are equal to the task. Just need to avoid picking up some silly cautions. Otherwise, very well played Darts.

COYD
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

Another solid performance from the team, I dont think we were at our best but we were good enough for the 3 points which is what matters. Weymouth looked threatening until the final third where they just seemed to miss the killer ball to really trouble Joe so in that regard it was a comfortable win as we never looked like losing the game.

Hopefully Samir is OK, saw him go down holding his hamstring but managed to see out the half and looked to be moving comfortably and listening to Dowse in his post match interview he seems confident he'll be fine for Tuesday.

A long way to go in the season still and with Ebbsfleet dropping points today it shows there will be twists and turns in this league.

Tuesday will be a tough game, there's no doubt Welling will be up for it and I'm sure Ade will be determined on his PP return, hopefully we get a good crowd.
Fred OLness

Post by Fred OLness »

Good performance.
Never doubted Alex for a minute!🤞🥺
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Dowse wasnt fooled by the 3-0 today which is great news as it flattered us and thank fully their stupid No15 gave us a [handball] gift , they played the better , constructive football and fortunately a combination of poor finishing and really good defending saw us through
Obviously pleased we got 3pts and thee 2 goals for Alex Wall will do his confidence a power of good , I gave motm to Tom Bonner , great defending once again and special mention for Charlie Sheringham who at 34 still puts in a great shift and still a class act !!!!

I hope we raise our game for the Welling game which then would be a cracker !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Harry

Post by Harry »

Good result from a steady performance, we were not great but certainly efficient and ended up with a comfortable win.

Some excellent individual performances, thought Charlie was excellent in his hold up play, dropped deep to link play and won pretty much everything against the Weymouth centre backs.

Samir set us on our way with an great bit of skill to set JJ on his way for a brilliant strike.

Incredible energy from the central midfielders, did not stop chasing down in the middle of the park and pretty much dominanted, countless times winning ball the ball back.

Bonner and Essam were dominant apart from one poor header which led to a wasted free kick by. Weymouth.

Finally I thought the referee today was outstanding, and certainly one of the best I have seen in a while. Got the decisions right (including booking Charlie) and let the game flow. Well done.