Total votes: 39

Number Six

Re: Dartford v Tonbridge Angels Sat 15 Oct 2022

Post by Number Six »

Excellent team performance this afternoon. Shame the ref was so poor :roll:
Dart of Herts

Post by Dart of Herts »

This was the first game I’ve made this season and I’m impressed. Good passing, confident on the ball, direct attacking and solid at the back. They made us work for the win but we always looked the better side except for when they got a few sights of goal around the hour mark. Every player looks like they want it as well: solid tackles, winning
50/50s and closing down the long balls. I’ll take that over ‘darcelona’ any day!

Carruthers gets my motm vote but also very impressed by Jack Smith.

COYD
rambo

Post by rambo »

Best home performance this season. Lots of purpose all over the pitch. Samir and Jack played very well but I made Charlie motm because he saw us through the dodgy spell when tonbridge got on top
Charlie and kiaran do have football brains and what they did in the last 15 minutes was special
PeteSamson

Post by PeteSamson »

Spike wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 4:20 pm Listening to the live commentary on Mixlr. I'm not sure who it is doing these commentaries but he's bloody good at it. Very descriptive commentary and I can picture what's going on in my mind. It sounds like we're doing pretty well and deserving of at least the one goal lead if not more.
Been saying this all season Spike. Really excellent commentary. Thanks for the updates Park Life, just to confirm the commentaries, but more for those just logging into the forum.

It sounded as though we we in control for the majority of the match, and the referee's questionable decisions were referred to frequently. Good to see young Sam come back into the side after his layoff and playing as though he had never been missing.

Well played Darts. Steady steps and an excellent response to the Beckenham debacle. Wouldn't have predicted 6 wins in 6 games, but delighted we have done so and the rise up the league has been impressive.

COYD

Delighted when their penalty was blazed over the bar, especially when Tonbridge were at their peak in the game. Just deserts indeed!!!
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

First 30 minutes were the best I've seen all season, could have been a couple of goals up before we scored.
Good performances around the pitch, Young, Essam, Wynter, Carruthers, Smith and Sheringham.
Sam looked a bit iffy at times but after a long lay off, thought he did very well.
Tonbridge couldn't hit a barn if they stood inside it and the penalty was very poor ( Jesus, was that poor), could have got them back in the game.
In the end it was very comfortable for us. Dowse continues the magic with another marginally better performance.
Ref got it wrong on two bookings for me Carruthers and Bonner were daft decisions by him.
Could easily go for Samir as MOTM but I'm going for Jack Smith. Gave us 90+ minutes of hard work and his passing was simple but effective throughout.
COYD's . Well done the lads, Well done Dowse.
Ajaxman DFC

Post by Ajaxman DFC »

Once again I find myself being disappointed in yet another refereeing performance this season.
Tom Bonner went to ground with a Tonbridge player and as he got up stamped not once, but twice on Bonner's chest infront of the ref.
How the hell is that not a sending off?
The officiating has been very poor of late.
The signs were there from the off though.
Tonbridge quite clearly identified Carruthers as the danger man and deliberately got him an early booking through an Oscar winning performance, courtesy of the thespian wearing the number two shirt.
Referee totally mugged off as usual.
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

The knock on effect of these bloody awful Refs is that the stupid yellow cards tot up and will very soon see players suspended and could well miss important really tough games [eg fancy meeting The Fleet with 3 on suspensions ], todays game had 8 yellow card of which maybe 3 were justified , in the current climate getting a yellow for dissent /time wasting is now non acceptable
The 5th Searcher

Post by The 5th Searcher »

Dart of Herts wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 7:36 pm Every player looks like they want it as well: solid tackles, winning
50/50s and closing down the long balls. I’ll take that over ‘darcelona’ any day!
COYD
Players winning 50/50’s, I think that’s disgusting.

Next you’ll be telling us that Samir Curruthers won todays Golden Goal as well 🤣🤣🤣
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Their number 11 whinged at everything and stayed on the ground hoping for the ref to blow after an excellent well timed tackle by Jordan. A tackle that if Jordan had got it wrong, could have seen him sent off, such was the quality of the refereeing.
Looking at the highlights saw Joe making two excellent saves against a rampant away team.
Having said that Wagstaff looked quite good in an ordinary Tonbridge side.
COYD's
Trevor B

Post by Trevor B »

As others are suggesting and I totally agree this was our best performance with the players giving their all and we got a deserved win .
The referee was again inept as we have had in several other games and not up to scratch but at least his error gained us the corner for the first goal.
For me and the sponsors agreed awarding Samir M.O.M. was a good choice but others came close on a day when all the players gave their all closing down and putting pressure on Tonbridge for most of the game.
What a penalty miss to. :lol:
Last edited by Trevor B on Sun Oct 16, 2022 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JW Dart

Post by JW Dart »

A decent performance, marred yet again by another card-happy referee spoiling the game, and being fooled by play acting opposition. Happy for Samir, getting some revenge for the ludicrous yellow card.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Grassbank

Post by Grassbank »

Tough match against difficult opponents. Very pleased with the performance right across the park.

If Tonbridge spent as much effort on their football as they do in harassing the referee, they may win a few more matches and a little more respect.
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

We are starting to look a cohesive unit and a team capable of challenging the top two. Early days yet though with some big games to come, but looking good!

Poor refereeing performance yes, but not necessarily his problem but the FA’s who are promoting referees up the system too soon!

Media team - hats off to them, doing a superb job 👏👏.

As for MOM,hard to look beyond Samir (he’s wasted out wide - think I’ve said that before!) but another good game by Jack, Charlie a handful (and had he scored would have got my vote), Jordan looking really good in CM and James looked solid between the sticks. Samir gets my vote.