Dartford Players of The Past

Moderator: Gary C

Park Life

Re: Dartford Players of The Past

Post by Park Life »

Even though i thought Harvey had all the attributes to be a good player this news has not disappointed me as much as i thought it would.
It was quite clear in recent games that he wasn't happy and this reflected in his performances and especially conduct on the field.
Add to that the bloody ridiculous decision to sign FOUR centre forwards/target men this season means we may be able to balance the squad out a bit.
Last edited by Park Life on Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jonty

Post by Jonty »

Harvey had a good first season, this time around he wasn't the same player, probably for the reasons stated by PL. I just wonder whether we are now cutting our cloth with the budget to pay off our ex manager, I would like to think that isn't the case and a replacement will be arriving quite soon.
MickW

Post by MickW »

No loss as for as I'm concerned- as.ive said before he was more.likely to collect booking than score.
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

This season is rapidly turning into a joke.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

The manager has gone so it's always likely that some players will go as well, but I don't believe for one minute it has anything to do with balancing the books.
After all it is a fact our board know how to look after the purse strings and whilst we will have a financial obligation to our ex manager, does anybody really believe our board wouldn't have taken this into account and have it covered.

For me the real problem is TB has inherited a totally unbalanced squad and has the difficult task of now trying to bolster certain positions. It's also a bit light on numbers so i'm also sure we will be able to do a bit of wheeling and dealing.
But talk of making the play offs is way too optimistic imo although I'll be there cheering the players on and hoping, but realistically we are now probably looking at consolidation this season and not putting any undue pressure on TB.
Hitchin Dart79

Post by Hitchin Dart79 »

Have we got enough pages available on this thread to cover all the players coming and going at DFC??
rambo

Post by rambo »

Glad Bradbury has gone , very annoying player , i won’t miss a player that concentrated more on being angry over concentrating on scoring goals . And I wont miss the two goals he would have scored by the end of the season
JCJ

Post by JCJ »

Colchester have had a bid of 100k accepted for Noor Husin
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

How much (if anything?) did we get from Southend for him??
The 5th Searcher

Post by The 5th Searcher »

We did get a fee for him going to Southend but it was undisclosed. Hopefully we had a sell on clause put into the transfer deal as well.
Hitchin Dart79

Post by Hitchin Dart79 »

JCJ wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:56 pm Colchester have had a bid of 100k accepted for Noor Husin
Good lad and footballer wish him all the best if he goes! I have been following his progress at Southend this year in what must have been a mad time and most weeks he’s getting at least a 6 or 7 out of 10!
The Futures White

Post by The Futures White »

Dave Martin is on the move again. He has left SCEFL side Holmesdale for Erith & Belvedere.
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

Hitchin Dart79 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:48 pm
JCJ wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:56 pm Colchester have had a bid of 100k accepted for Noor Husin
Good lad and footballer wish him all the best if he goes! I have been following his progress at Southend this year in what must have been a mad time and most weeks he’s getting at least a 6 or 7 out of 10!
Husin has just signed a new 2 and a half year deal with Southend.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

Chelmo 1 - 0 Welling HT, Samir Carruthers pen(!)
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

Shame that. I like Josh a lot
JCJ

Post by JCJ »

I think Dowse had a connection with Oxford, Also think JJ is a little injury prone but would have nice to see him back.

I wonder if we can still Chinny back when fit.
The 5th Searcher

Post by The 5th Searcher »

I heard at the weekend that Chinny’s contract possibly runs out at the end of this season with Charlton. It would be great to get him permanently if he were to be released but I think that would be wishful thinking.
The Futures White

Post by The Futures White »

Moussa Diarra scores (at the right end) for Eastbourne Borough against Aveley tonight and Billy Crook scores for Grays at Ipswich Wanderers.
Undercover Elephant

Post by Undercover Elephant »

Ade Azeez has done his ACL and had an operation on it to fix it!