Dartford Players of The Past

Moderator: Gary C

Park Life

Re: Dartford Players of The Past

Post by Park Life »

Apparently Lewis Manor has signed for Hornchurch and is on the bench for them today. Why our own club can't tell us this is disappointing.

The Futures White

Post by The Futures White »

Derby County have signed Ebou Adams on loan from Cardiff City for the rest of the season, Exeter City have signed Mohammed Eisa on loan from Milton Keynes Dons until the end of the season and Forest Green have re-signed Christian Doidge on a permanent transfer from Hibernian
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

@cameronbrodie02
I’ve parted ways with @phoenixsport82
just wanted to say thanks good club with some good people excited for whatever is next!
3:19 PM · Feb 1, 2024
brodie.jpg
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

pugh.jpg
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Why did our previous manager sign George, a striker in the No.10 mould and play him only once in a pair??
He then played him every game as a lone striker/target man when quite clearly that was bloody stupid.
I would not be surprised if George was totally pissed of with what happened and i won't be surprised to see him on loan somewhere else very soon.
We are paying the price for the previous managers poor management and TB has got to pick up the pieces.

The 5th Searcher

Post by The 5th Searcher »

I thought we was supposed to have George on a season long loan until the end of the season 🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️.

This team really is in shit street at present and now we only have 1 striker in Alex Wall until Sheringham comes back.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

The 5th Searcher wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 8:46 pm I thought we was supposed to have George on a season long loan until the end of the season 🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️.

This team really is in shit street at present and now we only have 1 striker in Alex Wall until Sheringham comes back.
Depends on the loan agreement/recall notification so obviously they had recall option.

Sheringham started Tuesday so hopefully he's back.
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

The 5th Searcher wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 8:46 pm I thought we was supposed to have George on a season long loan until the end of the season 🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️.

Basically, no strikers! But Charlie might come up trumps. Hope is is okay. But we are in shit street.
The 5th Searcher

Post by The 5th Searcher »

Well let’s hope that Charlie is ok and can come out firing on all cylinders. I don’t know how fit he’ll be but certainly won’t be match fit.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

The 5th Searcher wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 9:00 pm Well let’s hope that Charlie is ok and can come out firing on all cylinders. I don’t know how fit he’ll be but certainly won’t be match fit.
All things considered mate, Charlie looked ok fitness wise on Tuesday.

TB's got a tough job on as we need a few reinforcements in certain areas so hopefully he can get a few loans in asap.
Another forward, wide player and defender would help.
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

To put it simply

We are f*cked.
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

Says it all when we're relying on a 35 year old striker who's played about 120 minutes in 6 months.

I hope everything is ok with him personally of course. But relying on him we should just prepare the paperwork for the Isthmian already.

And I've made my thoughts on Alex Wall clear before.

Manor and Bradbury leaving on transfers now look like very very silly decisions that ultimately could've sealed our fate.

I really hope we've got a plan
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

I agree it's been a tough couple of weeks but i'm not as despondent as some and will be backing TB and the players to get the points we need.

Sure we've lost a few players and predominantly forwards but if they want to go and don't want to be here they will offer very little and when you actually look at it what will we actually miss?
Poor old Lewis hardly got a game anyway, Harvey was in angry mode and a walking time bomb at the end and George was used totally wrong and never really had the opportunity to show us what i believe he is capable of. Agree i think TB would have got more out of George so hopefully he can bring a few in and if so they should be able to contribute more and that's not a criticism of those who've left, just circumstances.

We've still got a squad of 16 senior players plus 3 or 4 academy lads and add to that a few decent additions (or maybe the return of Chin/MacArthur??) we should be fine.

Now is the time for us to do our bit and support TB and the players.

COYD / KTF
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

I'll always support the club and back TB in the current situation, every home game at least I'll be there. It's just very very hard to be optimistic and see how we're going to get a run together to get enough points to actually stay in the league
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

Clubs loan players out to get their confidence and match fitness back. Bromley obviously thought that George wasn't getting either of those at Dartford. A good move by Bromley I suppose as he, with the right players around him, can be a bloody good little player.
Good luck George for your future.
The Futures White

Michael Kedman signs on at Folkestone Invicta.
JCJ

Post by JCJ »

Park Life wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 8:31 pm Why did our previous manager sign George, a striker in the No.10 mould and play him only once in a pair??
He then played him every game as a lone striker/target man when quite clearly that was bloody stupid.
I would not be surprised if George was totally pissed of with what happened and i won't be surprised to see him on loan somewhere else very soon.
We are paying the price for the previous managers poor management and TB has got to pick up the pieces.

He has had his contract terminated by Bromley, can we sign him

https://www.bromleyfc.co.uk/news/first- ... r-departs/

Bromley Football Club have agreed to terminate George Alexander’s contract by mutual consent.

The 23-year-old arrived at Hayes Lane ahead of the 2021-22 season from Millwall and went on to make 38 league appearances for the Ravens whilst also playing a key role in our FA Trophy run of 2022.

Alexander, who bagged his first Bromley goal away at Aldershot Town in October 2021, also had loan spells at Welling United, Slough Town and Dartford.

We thank George for his efforts in a Bromley shirt and wish him all the best for the future.
KingKong

Post by KingKong »

and signs for chelmsford.
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

I see that Rory McAuley has signed for Peterborough Sports. Had a troubled life and fresh out of prison I believe.
I liked Rory when he played for the Dart's.
The Futures White

Lars Resort wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 1:37 pm I see that Rory McAuley has signed for Peterborough Sports. Had a troubled life and fresh out of prison I believe.
I liked Rory when he played for the Dart's.
He was sentenced to four and a half years in prison back in May 22 for drug dealing so it appears that he has only served about 18 months of that. Sounds typical of this country's justice system.