Dartford Players of The Past

Moderator: Gary C

Park Life

Re: Peter Taylor

Post by Park Life »

Buzz stop wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:03 pm
Kebabus wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:40 pm Don't really feel the need to have a Welling love in. Peter Taylor is at rock bottom, like the club he joins. It is what it is. Fools for letting the King go.
Welling let Steve King go solely because they couldn’t afford to supply the substantial budget he demands anymore. Generally wherever he’s been he puts together a great squad but it also generally comes with a higher cost than the average budget. Dartford have better finances than Welling I hope they are good enough to sustain SKs ambitions.
I really do wonder how you know what the budgets are or were at the clubs Steve's been at, I have absolutely no idea and i very much doubt you do either.

What i do know for certain is DFC is run 100% legitimately and is as secure as any football club in the country, something we are very proud of and i doubt can be said of hardly any other clubs, especially at our level.

Steve has assembled a very impressive squad for us, a testament to his professionalism and knowledge of players so to say it's just down to his demands for a substantial budget are totally wrong. It's down to bloody hard work on his part and an extremely well run financially secure club that provides a guaranteed competitive budget (not reduced during the season) and in light of recent events this has proved to be just as an important factor.

I always enjoy the matches against Welling but they are in a real mess at the moment and with the current dual owners of the club looking at the development projects as their main focus, i hope they can secure their future.

As for Peter Taylor, a genuinely decent guy who may find that outside interferences may make his task more difficult than it already is.
Skip

Post by Skip »

Kebabus wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:40 pm Don't really feel the need to have a Welling love in. Peter Taylor is at rock bottom, like the club he joins. It is what it is. Fools for letting the King go.
Welling let Steve King go solely because they couldn’t afford to supply the substantial budget he demands anymore. Generally wherever he’s been he puts together a great squad but it also generally comes with a higher cost than the average budget. Dartford have better finances than Welling I hope they are good enough to sustain SKs ambitions.
Please correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t Welling cut Steve King's playing budget about Christmas time of his one and only season at the bus stop and he still managed to get them into the play off final? That says a lot more for Steve King’s ability to build a quality team then it does for Mark Goldberg’s financial acumen in setting a sustainable budget. Mind you, Goldberg had a little bit of well publicised previous at Crystal Palace…
Skip (now residing in Suffolk)
Buzz stop

Post by Buzz stop »

Skip wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:34 pm
Please correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t Welling cut Steve King's playing budget about Christmas time of his one and only season at the bus stop and he still managed to get them into the play off final? That says a lot more for Steve King’s ability to build a quality team then it does for Mark Goldberg’s financial acumen in setting a sustainable budget. Mind you, Goldberg had a little bit of well publicised previous at Crystal Palace…
Correct. One or two players got released but what upset SK was he had to get rid of some of his back room staff. I think SK and Goldberg fell out big time after that. It’s testament to how good that squad was that they still made the playoffs.
I’m not knocking anyone here. I’m a big admirer of SK and of clubs that are run as clubs and not the toys of Sugar daddies.
The Dartford team that destroyed Welling the other week looks the strongest in this division since Jamie Day’s Welling team that won 12 games on the bounce on their way to the title.
Dartford will win this league by a country mile. IMO.
JCJ

Post by JCJ »

I think the talk of us having a big budget is pure jealous but what annoys me is it does a disservice to Steve King himself, he works bloody hard going to games watching players and teams which shows how committed he is to the club that pays his wages,

Dartford are where they are today through sheer hard work and know how of the game on the part of Steve King nothing to do with budgets, and I believe Kingy and Dartford Fc are a perfect match and he can take us far.
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

Yeah Halifax, Wrexham & Torquay for starters!!
Lennylenny

Post by Lennylenny »

I will have a bet that our budget is not in top four or five in this league, Havant, Dorking , ebbsfleet, Maidstone , dulwich ,
GordonRoadDart

Re: Dartford Players of The Past

Post by GordonRoadDart »

The Futures White wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:52 pm Brentwood have parted company with Adam Flanagan.
Rod Stringer appointed in his place:

https://www.brentwoodtownfc.co.uk/club ... am-manager
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

Oh……I wonder if their paths have crossed before???
J44

Post by J44 »

Buzz Stop
Hearsay, which you publish here.
Any facts.. I don't think so.
Buzz stop

Post by Buzz stop »

J44 wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:39 am Buzz Stop
The present Welling Utd team are crap..Fact!
How’s that?
Skip

Post by Skip »

Buzz stop wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:14 pm
J44 wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:39 am Buzz Stop
The present Welling Utd team are crap..Fact!
How’s that?
🤣🤣
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Elliott Bradbrook playing for Tilbury today.
Kebabus

Post by Kebabus »

Duane afore Ageympong signs for Hungerford
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

I wonder how his knees are??
Skip

Post by Skip »

M1 South wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:38 pm I wonder how his knees are??
All the better for our investment…
The Futures White

Post by The Futures White »

Chris Dickson playing for Cray Wanderers this afternoon, Ricky Modeste on the scoresheet for Tonbridge at Billericay, Lyle Della-Verde (hat trick) and Adam Cunnington among the scorers for Enfield who are currently 8-0 up at East Thurrock, Nathan Green and Marcel Barrington (hat trick) score for Cray Valley PM who are 6-0 up at Sittingbourne, Matt Godden scores a penalty for Coventry against Derby.
Rixsto

Post by Rixsto »

Not sure if this has been said already but Denilson Carvalho has joined Billericay
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

One for the Dartford Historians : During Covid isolation I satrted to read my Grandsons Football Book " Illustrated History of Football " [ a great read !!] which starts in 1862 , I have got as far as the 1947/8 season and there is a reference to Dartford Football Club It says " The feeling is that the transfer market was getting out of hand was increased when CHARLTON paid £6000 for two non league players from DARTFORD ".

Can anyone name the players and their careers ??????????
Number Six

Post by Number Six »

May be Riley Cullem and Fred Alexander ?
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Harry Crawford scores for Kings Langley, apparently he's trying, which is more than he did when we got slaughtered at Dover, under Burman :D .