Keiran Murtagh (Sub)
4%
Alex Wall (Sub)
No votes

Total votes: 28

Sleightly Deceptive

Re: Dartford v Hungerford Sat 1 Oct 2022

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

🤦‍♂️ another home game we’ve won that I missed! I think I should give up my season ticket! C’mon boys - keep the great trend growing.
The 5th Searcher

Post by The 5th Searcher »

Ajaxman DFC wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:39 pm
Atleast we won today without Carruthers, who should never have been sent off in the first place.
Carruthers didn’t get sent off, his suspension is for 5 yellow cards which gives him a one match ban.

It was the loanee Frimpong from AFC Dons that got sent off.
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

Ajaxman DFC wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:39 pm Atleast we won today without Carruthers, who should never have been sent off in the first place.
He missed the game because of 5 yellows.
Bkev180

Post by Bkev180 »

Scrappy game ref fell for there antics from the 1st minute how the he'll did Tom get booked for he was being pinned down and luke Allen booked for winning the ball after the ref had given us a free kick my m.o.m goes to essam who had there number 25 tank in his pocket on most free kicks and corners hoping culsens injury isn't to serious and good to see Alex wall score onto next week to face a few familiar faces at dulwich up the darts in dowse we believe
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

Scrappy win against the most anti-football side in the division “aided” by another inept referee!!

Couldn’t be happier for Alex getting his goal. His “celebration” was a reaction to the “criticism” he’s received on here and elsewhere week after week and hopefully he’ll go on and completely silence his critics.

Agree with others about Davides high work rate yesterday and, for that, he gets my MoM vote.
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

Ajaxman DFC

Post by Ajaxman DFC »

rick wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:53 pm
Ajaxman DFC wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:39 pm Atleast we won today without Carruthers, who should never have been sent off in the first place.
He missed the game because of 5 yellows.

Ah yes, ofcourse it was. Thanks for pointing that out Rick and 5th Searcher.
I think I did comment on Frimpong's brilliant tackle at the time. The sending off was a dreadful decision.
Kebabus

Post by Kebabus »

Just a note on the crowd, that’s really down on last season, almost like the hardcore are there at the moment, last weeks gate was increased because of the international break.

Keep going lads, win those missing fans back, although a small group will be no doubt going to Gloucester to see their pin up boy again.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Tony H

Post by Tony H »

Re: Post-match interview
Very well said Mr Tyler 👏👏. Trust in Dowse! We’re grinding out results now, and imo that 3rd position in the League isn’t false but, there’s so long to go in this season and some big games to play. We are starting to gel as a squad though, as others have said, 2-3 more quality players would be good.

Would seriously like to see Dan Roberts back with us to cover for Luke out wide (not sure of the extent of his injury yesterday - a recurrence of his hamstring pull?) or to play off Charlie or Alex in a no.10 role.

Onto Dulwich next Saturday then and with both Charlie and Samir back we should be strong.

COYD’s 👊⚫️⚪️
KentC.

Post by KentC. »

Tony H wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 6:51 am Scrappy win against the most anti-football side in the division “aided” by another inept referee!!

Couldn’t be happier for Alex getting his goal. His “celebration” was a reaction to the “criticism” he’s received on here and elsewhere week after week and hopefully he’ll go on and completely silence his critics.

Agree with others about Davides high work rate yesterday and, for that, he gets my MoM vote.

I’d love him to silence his critics, it would mean he’s playing well consistently
Trevor B

Post by Trevor B »

Well done Darts a win and 3 points and move up the table into 3rd spot and not a lot more to say about the game as it is one we will probably forget very quickly.
Not because of our performance which was not the best today but more because of the antics by the Hungerford players and and very poor refereeing including the two strange decisions mentioned earlier by Bkev180 when two of our players were booked yet were the innocent parties on both occasions
Good to see Alex get a goal and hopefully this will push him on and we will see more from him in the future and I can understand his reaction to the supporters as he has certainly had stick on the forum including some from myself but I will be happy to change my mind if he proves to come good.
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Good interview with Tyler, 'Wynt's' getting a special mention. Jordan a much liked player for Dartford over the season's and he deserves the plaudits.
Third in the league behind the two favourites of everyone, not a bad show and it doesn't seem that long ago that a few on here were hanging Dowse out to dry. Me also to some extent.
But the guy is getting results with a squad that is winning ugly and not exactly playing great stuff, Doing it his way with no panic buying. Yes, we could do with two or three more players and maybe if we stick around the top end players may be tempted to give us a try.
Onward's and upwards
Noticed behind the goal crowd practicing social distancing. A lot of empty spaces :o
JCJ

Post by JCJ »

ozymandias wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 12:05 pm Good interview with Tyler, 'Wynt's' getting a special mention. Jordan a much liked player for Dartford over the season's and he deserves the plaudits.
Third in the league behind the two favourites of everyone, not a bad show and it doesn't seem that long ago that a few on here were hanging Dowse out to dry. Me also to some extent.
But the guy is getting results with a squad that is winning ugly and not exactly playing great stuff, Doing it his way with no panic buying. Yes, we could do with two or three more players and maybe if we stick around the top end players may be tempted to give us a try.
Onward's and upwards
Noticed behind the goal crowd practicing social distancing. A lot of empty spaces :o
I was also ready to turn on Dowse but 4 straight wins in the league proved me wrong.

I would like to see a couple of more players in a winger who can take on players and get a cross in, I think if Alex Wall has taken criticism then the best way to answer them is to score and I see no wrong in his celebration,

As for empty spaces on the terraces I don’t think the stewards help with that
KSTDART

Post by KSTDART »

JCJ wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 5:30 pm
ozymandias wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 12:05 pm Good interview with Tyler, 'Wynt's' getting a special mention. Jordan a much liked player for Dartford over the season's and he deserves the plaudits.
Onward's and upwards
I was also ready to turn on Dowse but 4 straight wins in the league proved me wrong.

I would like to see a couple of more players in a winger who can take on players and get a cross in, I think if Alex Wall has taken criticism then the best way to answer them is to score and I see no wrong in his celebration,

As for empty spaces on the terraces I don’t think the stewards help with that
The stewards had nothing to do with it , all those lads behind the goal are Arsenal youth and watch them when they are at home . They all come to PP when they are away or playing on Sunday.
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

Onward's and upwards
Maybe 3 home games in a week and a train strike put people off.
butcheragano

Post by butcheragano »

Another ugly win but 3 more points. Thankfully we dont have to watch Hungerford every week . The most non footballing side I have seen.
I wouldnt fancy a season ticket there
Stuart

Post by Stuart »

Rubbish match, great result. Didn't the subs make a difference.
I know they said the crowd was 900 but it looked more like 700 to me. Anyone have any theories why it was so low?
PeteSamson

Post by PeteSamson »

Still the top crowd in the division on Saturday, even if it was the only game being :D played

As others have already commented, 3 home games in a week can get expensive, especially if you haven't got a season ticket. Rail strikes don't help the cause either. And I wouldn't have thought Hungerford would have brought a particularly large away following.

Just been catching up with the match highlights and Martin's interview. Once again, excellent commentary from a certain Will Bass who is doing an excellent job behind the Mike this season. Thank you Sir.

There were times in the game when Hungerford had and fluffed some excellent chances. Others have said it to, but we are defending far too deeply. We also continue to give the ball away far too easily in midfield areas with misplaced passes, putting the defence under needless pressure. But worse is the fact that we seem to be very slow in players getting back and failing to put the opposition players under pressure in efforts to regain the ball. That is a pity because we are putting together some excellent moves when we do go forward.

It is still early days though, and to be up in the position we are, albeit having played a game more, without really having found our top form yet, and players to come back from injury and suspension, still getting to know each other does give us something to look forward to.

Seen no comment elsewhere on hear, but didn't Sevenoaks get a great away result beating Bath City in the FA Cup. So we aren't the only ones to have slipped up in the FA Cup this season! And Dulwich will be looking to bounce back next weekend against us after their home FA Cup defeat by Folkestone.

COYD
Babylon

Post by Babylon »

A good win against awkward oppo.
I could not see them scoring unless we gifted them a goal.
Their Sh* thousery tactics were not as bad as I expected but as others have said I am glad that I don't have to watch them every week.
3 points and 3rd in the league......
After a dodgy start we seem to have found our mojo again.