Post by rick »

Gary C

Re: Dartford v Hungerford Sat 1 Oct 2022

Post by Gary C »

Sheringham is away for personal reasons, I believe
Fred OLness

Post by Fred OLness »

Hope Sheringham is on a pay as you play contract.
Undercover Elephant

Post by Undercover Elephant »

Second half underway with Dartford 1-0 to the good!
Undercover Elephant

71' Second substitution:
⬇️ Smith
⬆️ Murtagh
Undercover Elephant

63' First change of the afternoon as Coulson is removed due to injury:
⬇️ Coulson
⬆️ Fonkeu

Sorry this didn’t post before the other one!
Undercover Elephant

80' Third change for the Darts:
⬇️ Herschel
⬆️ Wall
Undercover Elephant

2-0 Alex Wall!
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Thanks for doing the updates UE in my absence so obviously can't comment on the game.
Four wins on the trot and up to third, we'll done lads.

Pleased for Alex and hopefully kick start his season.
Grassbank

Post by Grassbank »

Not a pretty game, but then it was never going to be. The referee made some very strange decisions, but he was probably confused by the constant nagging from the players in the marker pen shirts. On one occasion, a Hungerford player made three fouls in very quick succession on the same Dartford player. The referee booked the Dartford player and awarded a free kick to Hungerford. Not sure what that decision was based upon.

To their credit, the Dartford players did not rise to the bait and Hungerford's antics were in vain. Great three points, but this match will not live long in the memory.
Kebabus

Post by Kebabus »

Whether it was a crap game or not, it’s another 3 points and the season is looking much better now eh.

Need to keep the momentum going as Beckenham was a disaster for all concerned but we have moved on and responded with the wins.

Keep going is all I can say!
KSTDART

Post by KSTDART »

Pleased with the 3 points against Hungerford . Thats 2 starts and 2 goals for Herschel, this time chasing down the keeper , robbing him and cooly finishing . Very pleased with Alex Wall getting on the score sheet , he is looking like his old self and his celebration I think was a message to his doubters .

Herschel opens the scoring for Dartford V Hungerford

Alex Wall scores Dartford’s 2nd b Hungerford
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

Happy with that today.

While we were sloppy at times with misplaced passes overall I felt like we controlled the game, I don't recall Hungerford having any clear chances to score, aside from their long throws which always worry me.

Well done to the defence in keeping a clean sheet as well. Joe in goal is getting more comfortable game by game and the things he did need to do today he did well.

A shame to see Coulson go off injured again, I hope it's not too serious

Nice to see Alex come on and score a goal, hopefully gives him a bit of confidence.

I want to give praise to Davide, while he didn't score today I thought his work rate was immense and his ability to challenge for and win aerial duels against their massive defenders really helped the team today. He also made some very good runs where we couldnt for whatever reason pick him out. For that reason I'm giving him my MOTM vote. I love players that give their all for the team and Davide definitely falls into that category.

Table is looking good now, and we seem to be going in the right direction. Up the Dowse.
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Glad we got that one out of the way and three points to boot. Team hopefully are growing in confidence as we had no Samir running the show.
Well done the lads, well done Dowse.
COYD's
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Pleased we got 3pts today but as Grassbank said a " game to quickly forget " and I accept that ALL of the players put in a very good shift but this level of performance will get us found out by the better teams in the league .I agree that Davide put in a really great shift but he spends far too much time nowhere near the goal , very often in midfield or wide left , good for the team but he wont get goals from there .The other thing that amazed us behind the goal is for an opponents corner we pull ALL 11 back and then there is " no out ball " so its immediately returned and puts the pressure back on the defence , surely 1 or 2 should be on half way line ????????????

I am genuinely pleased we are [ currently] 3rd in the table , I think we are getting "the rub of the green " at present and still would like to see a couple coming in

Glad Alex Wall got his goal, shame about his reaction to the fans !!!!!!!!

My MOTM was Luke Allen
Babylon

Post by Babylon »

Regulation win against a potential banana skin.
Good to see us in 3rd place after an excellent run.
Not the most riveting game but 3 points are always welcome.
rambo

Post by rambo »

I wasn’t able to make it today
But agree 100% with Duke. I have been saying for weeks that it is suicide having all the team in thd penalty area to defend corners and free kicks
If we win the ball and knock it forward surprise surprise it comes back
Let’s work this out please
Ajaxman DFC

Post by Ajaxman DFC »

I watched Chatham Town's FA Cup replay with Walton & Hersham. Both sides contributed to an excellent game of football. Ball on the deck with the pass rate from both teams being high. Total football and thoroughly enjoyable to watch. Tackles were hard but fair with no nancy boys rolling around on the ground like they've been shot to get an opponent booked.
In recent seasons the quality in steps 3 and 4 have improved.
I saw more football played in that game than I've seen at Princes Park this season.

The standard in this season's National League South has been dreadful. Ebbsfleet will never get a better chance than now to win the league. From the officials to the way the teams play, the standard is poor and the South is going backwards.
Too many misplaced passes and kick and hope balls into space.
The play acting from the opposition, mugging the referee
off in the process, is a joke.
Hoof, hoof, hoof and we all fall down.
Atleast we won today without Carruthers, who should never have been sent off in the first place.

On a positive note Hershel continues to perform like a breath of fresh air. Not only did he block the Hungerford keeper for the opening goal but followed that up with two quick fire defensive blocks at the other end of the field.

And for once we never had to endure a nervy end to the game. The second goal put paid to that.

Vintage Wall!
Dart of Herts

Post by Dart of Herts »

Looking up the result today on FlashScore it said our second was scored by Jon Wallis! Very confused until I realised it was a typo haha!