Kwaku Frimpong (Sub)
3%
Davide Rodari (Sub)
No votes

Total votes: 36

The 5th Searcher

Re: FA Cup 2nd round qualifying Dartford v Beckenham Town Sat 17 Sep 2022

Post by The 5th Searcher »

Park Life wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:05 am With regards to the squad, 8 of the 14 players involved yesterday are Dowse's signings.
I think that most of the signings Dowse has made was done out of desperation and panic as well due to him coming in late and having to try and get a squad together.
I think he made a major cock up by not holding trials and getting more players along to have a look at rather than him going with older players that he knew.
He said he wanted to wait for the season to start and then the transfer window to see what players would be available that haven’t found a club or had been released but apart from the odd loan we’ve not really seen any new decent players come in.

I really don’t know how he’s going to turn this team around this season, I honestly don’t want to seem all doom & gloom and I really do want Dowse and the team to improve and succeed but the way things are going with the current crop of players we have I can’t see anything really improving.
It’s almost a case that Dowse and his back room team don’t have a clue how to sort it so it’s easier to finger point and blame players / positions than actually do anything about it.

Yesterday IMO Charlie Sheringham was easily head and shoulders above anyone else for MOTM and was the only one actually doing anything and trying.
Babylon

Post by Babylon »

Good luck to Beckenham, they deserved to win.
As for the Darts....
At 1-1 you could see it coming , we were being outplayed,out fought and were made to look very ordinary.
A lot of work needs to be done with this bunch of players.
I was glad to see Kingy appointed but in the end I was glad to see him go.
Dowson has a good track record ,I hope that he can sort this out because 4 losses in the league and dumped out of the cup by a lower league team before September is out is simply not very impressive.
Ajaxman DFC

Post by Ajaxman DFC »

Dowson's come in late? Who's to blame for that then?
He publicly declared himself available to return to the game well before the end of last season?

Is that why he's been given two years?

Have we really gone from being a progressive club to one now writing off an entire season?

After our early exit from the FA Cup I heard someone say we can now concentrate on the league.
Really? It's still only September for Christ's sake.

And what is there to concentrate on in this league exactly at this critical stage of the season then?

The play-offs or staying in it?
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

Just watched the highlights.
Definitely a pen

And the red card decision gets worse with every watch.

I just hope we see some incoming this week. I knew this would be a rebuild for Dowse but didn't expect us to be so inconsistent. I really do want him to succeed so here's hoping for some player news this week.
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Dowse told me he never looks at Fans Forums as they are just " keyboard Warriors " and IF they have anything thing to say then say it to his face , he would benefit breaking a life time habit and reading this thread where 99% are still backing him [ Spike's earlier post sums it up for him] but want him to take some positive action on what we can all see needed correcting

Most Darts fans are normal/genuine people and dont need a lot of b......t/excuses , we need action on what clearly is NOT a good enough squad !!!!!!!!!!
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

The 5th Searcher

Post by The 5th Searcher »

Although it didn’t effect how we played or the end result, I’m afraid the referee got the 2 major decisions against us completely and utterly wrong.
That was a cast iron stonewall penalty for handball and Frimpong easily won the ball a second or two before the Beckenham player got there so was never ever a red card. He didn’t go in studs up and was never a dangerous tackle, the Beckenham player wasn’t hurt and was about to get up until his team mates reacted and this is what the ref went on.
If they can’t get these easy decisions correct then I’m afraid they should never be allowed to ref at this level.
Absolutely disgraceful.
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

No comment on the "highlights " just that I hope the Club challenges Frimpongs Red Card as it was wrong !!!!
JCJ

Post by JCJ »

BRASSNECK wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:01 am
JCJ wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:46 pm
Mark Sweet wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:25 pm What an absolute disaster that was.
We can blame the ref for some things, such as the pen we should've had and the red card but that's no excuse

We can't defend set pieces, every game I go to We seem to concede from then and it's cost us once again today.

Their keeper was injured from 5 minutes , the few times we did test him he parried everything back into danger , why we didn't shoot more often I don't know.

Midfield seemed to be the main issue for me, the defenders were stepping out and doing the midfielders job. Murtagh should've been taken off at half time yet saw out the 90.

My MOTM was Charlie, did his job very well shame nobody else around him did

I've not been this angry after a game for a while. I didnt think it could get worse than Sudbury.

And for the fans turning on Dowse after the game, you're a disgrace, he's barely been in the job and took over late anyway. Give the man a chance before slagging him off with your "Bring back Kingy" shouts.
Unfortunately when you sack a successful manager your going to get this
Remind what king won?
Kingy always said he would get us in the playoffs and he delivered every season he was at Dartford, even his first season which was a miracle, yes he failed to get us promoted and possibly lost his way at the end of last season, but Dowse will do well to challenge for the play offs this season and people are now saying change the players that are not performing this season if you do that your have a large turnover of players something Kingy got stick for ,

Sadly Dowse has not shown that he has got the contacts Kingy had, I don’t buy this I came in late excuse in my opinion all it tells the players is your not good enough and your here because I couldn’t get anyone better.
Nin

Post by Nin »

The Duke wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:53 am Dowse told me he never looks at Fans Forums as they are just " keyboard Warriors " and IF they have anything thing to say then say it to his face.
Before Facebook & Twitter exploded onto the scene, we had forums. There are far more keyboard warriors on social media platforms. I think the REAL fans still stay on forums. We are lucky to still have this one and it would be nice if tradition could be broken (although I'm sure it is anyway) and for the manager to come on here to have a discussion with us supporters. All very well having an open day, which is a one off. A section in this forum which can only be seen by registered users would be one way - although there are a few non Dartford supporters in here.

I'm sure I will be shot down, but it's just my opinion.
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

Nin wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:49 pm
The Duke wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:53 am Dowse told me he never looks at Fans Forums as they are just " keyboard Warriors " and IF they have anything thing to say then say it to his face.
Before Facebook & Twitter exploded onto the scene, we had forums. There are far more keyboard warriors on social media platforms. I think the REAL fans still stay on forums. We are lucky to still have this one and it would be nice if tradition could be broken (although I'm sure it is anyway) and for the manager to come on here to have a discussion with us supporters. All very well having an open day, which is a one off. A section in this forum which can only be seen by registered users would be one way - although there are a few non Dartford supporters in here.

I'm sure I will be shot down, but it's just my opinion.
Forums have there place, but they can be very disrespectful places too. I once closed one down at a (now) step 3 club because comments on there became derogatory and even slanderous.

All I’d say is that, keep forums going for freedom of speech, and expression of opinion, sake. Anyone posting should think before clicking on that submit button. Sadly some don’t and think they can say what they like.That’s the same on all other social media platforms too!
Dart Mark

Post by Dart Mark »

Thought it at the time but not even a foul so a red card is ridiculous. Has to be rescinded
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

I firmly believe that managers and players should NOT participate in the forum. Read it, fer sure, secretly even - but not post opinions. It’s asking for disaster for, maybe, the very reasons Tony H alluded too.

Surely the idea behind a fans’ forum is just that!? A place for fans to vent off, when appropriate (like now!) and to praise when it all goes good. Like it was a year ago. It’s ‘our’ place, not theirs. I’m sure most of them read this forum anyway - (it’s just simply human nature) and I’m sure they might even accept the collective constructive criticism in here. It’s all been fair and well-deserved.

“Face to face” with Dowse? Really? Where will the queue begin and end? It’s not far off!
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

From Westminster Hall to Southwark Park I reckon??
KentC.

Post by KentC. »

The 5th Searcher wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:03 am
Park Life wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:05 am With regards to the squad, 8 of the 14 players involved yesterday are Dowse's signings.
I think that most of the signings Dowse has made was done out of desperation and panic as well due to him coming in late and having to try and get a squad together.
I think he made a major cock up by not holding trials and getting more players along to have a look at rather than him going with older players that he knew.
He said he wanted to wait for the season to start and then the transfer window to see what players would be available that haven’t found a club or had been released but apart from the odd loan we’ve not really seen any new decent players come in.

I really don’t know how he’s going to turn this team around this season, I honestly don’t want to seem all doom & gloom and I really do want Dowse and the team to improve and succeed but the way things are going with the current crop of players we have I can’t see anything really improving.
It’s almost a case that Dowse and his back room team don’t have a clue how to sort it so it’s easier to finger point and blame players / positions than actually do anything about it.

Yesterday IMO Charlie Sheringham was easily head and shoulders above anyone else for MOTM and was the only one actually doing anything and trying.

Charlie was fantastic and so many players were too lazy, you could see that very clearly on the pitch. But to say no one else was trying is not right. Watch the effort the captain puts in, like he does every week. To suggest he wasn’t trying is an insult when regardless of his performance you can never say he’s given less than 100%.
KentC.

Post by KentC. »

Keyboard worriers?

These are mainly people who go to the game , pay their money and have a qualified educated opinion on football and their teams they support.
Sometimes emotions run high but supporters can be emotionally attached to the club.
Sometimes, particularly after this tripe yet again, it will be negative and people may disagree. The description keyboard warrior is a cop out and a way to criticise because they don’t like the criticisms but only the fluffy stuff.
LA Dart

Post by LA Dart »

Disappointed beyond belief and Dowse needs to stop these interviews !

He sounds like a newspaper reporter commenting as an independent voice. No, it’s his team !

Signing Sheringham and Wall was just so stupid…one of them maybe with a younger guy but the pair of them at 34 years old !

Not looking good !
rambo

Post by rambo »

Charlie was very good , a good manager can still build a team around him
danson7park

Post by danson7park »

Does our Number 3 have a problem. The players shook hands at the End and then he got the Beckenham Player in a Head-lock which then resulted into a malay with other players involved.
Lennylenny

Post by Lennylenny »

Why do interviews if the only people who read them are keyboard warriors? I like a bit of banter , but nobody yet nobody can doubt the love and dedication likes of Parklife, spur , slightly, the duke etc have for this club. Opinions are like arseholes we all have one , but only a stupid person would not read just how his most loyal and dedicated followers feel. Those who used to watch and cringe at Marc whites interviews must be flabbergasted , these are far worse , to infer Tom and Conner are the problem is so ridiculous and pathetic , forums are for football fans and fun, those who run them should be praised, if dowse don’t read them u can be sure the board who are thousands of pounds out of pocket losing to a team most haven’t heard off infront of 600 odd will