Fire drill at the welling end🤣🤣
Park Life

Re: Dartford v Welling Tue 1 Nov 2022

Post by Park Life »

FT 5-1
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

Gonna be a difficult choice for MOTM tonight. Another mensh for the referee. Unnoticed. That’s how it should be.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Jack Smith MOTM for me by a country mile.
Kebabus

Post by Kebabus »

Absolutely demolished the village team as usual, those expecting a close game and relieved to get 3 points should be ecstatic tonight, I am.

We are getting it together folks. Onwards!
RogerChapman

Post by RogerChapman »

Well done, great win tonight Darts.
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

Park Life wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 9:47 pm Jack Smith MOTM for me by a country mile.
Agreed he gets better every game.
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

And top of the league Steve who.🤣🤣
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

Absolutely class performance from every player on the pitch. I was worried before tonight especially after seeing the teamsheet but wow that was beautiful stuff. Even Alex coming off the bench made a superb pass for the final goal.

Not sure what happened with their goal as when it was rolling back to Young I looked away, but he made 2 huge saves at important points in the game so I'll let him off!

Their keeper on the other hand had an absolute horror show. Every time he touched the ball it looked like one of our players was going to get it.

Any one of our players could get man of the match tonight and there could be no arguments. I considered Bonner and Luke but my vote is going to Jack Smith. I was very critical of him when he first come in and did wonder what Dowse and the management saw in him, but he has got better every game and tonight was his best performance in a Darts shirt and capped it off with a goal.

On a slightly negative note, no idea what went on in the crowd in the 2nd half but wish the youth would just watch the match and not look for trouble as when they get going with their songs it creates a great atmosphere. Having stewards in there probably doesn't help but it's not my place to say.

What a win!!!!
KentC.

Post by KentC. »

BRASSNECK wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:05 pm And top of the league Steve who.🤣🤣
You have some issues you need to let go of
PeteSamson

Post by PeteSamson »

Sleightly Deceptive wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 9:43 pm Gonna be a difficult choice for MOTM tonight. Another mensh for the referee. Unnoticed. That’s how it should be.
Strange how people see things differently, cos the commentary picked up on the ref for his lack of action with the cards tonight, saying at least 5 Welling players should have been in the book, in particular Nelson, who the ref spoke to on 3 occasions and still keep his card in his pocket. :roll: :roll:

Still, onto the game. I was one of a number who were expecting a closer game than that, given Welling's recent form. However, delighted the Darts once again seemed to work as a team and also took the opportunity to go to the top of the league, albeit, having played more games. Nevertheless, wouldn't have been expecting that after the first 6 games, so credit to the squad and the management team. A crowd of 1711 seems excellent for a midweek game, especially as I'm guessing weather wasn't brilliant as several games were postponed.

Excellent result Darts. A very happy guy tonight.

COYD
Last edited by PeteSamson on Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KentC.

Post by KentC. »

Not just an excellent win an excellent performance. We’ve won some games without being too expansive and more methodical but this was for me an excellent performance.
5th goal was a joy, the pass and the finish
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

KentC. wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:17 pm
BRASSNECK wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:05 pm And top of the league Steve who.🤣🤣
You have some issues you need to let go of
No issues says the man who had issues with Ryan Hayes.🤣🤡
Last edited by BRASSNECK on Tue Nov 01, 2022 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
danson7park

Post by danson7park »

Excellent Performance and win. I make that 9 Wins and a Draw out of the last 10, some run.
Skip

Post by Skip »

Wow what a night. Huge credit to Dowse and the boys for a stunning performance. We absolutely smashed Welling and this isn’t the two bob Welling from last season. From minute one to injury time in the second half we didn’t take our foot off the gas. You can really see Dowse’s ideas coming to the fore now. The defence looks solid and the two loanees, Smudge and Josh, with the calming experience of Coulson, running the midfield. All this has been made possible with Wynts moving into the holding midfield role and looking so assured. With Rodari and the Fonk running rings round the Welling defence and scoring a goal apiece it was no surprise we rattled in five. My favourite goals were the cool finish from Smudger and Wally’s outside foot pass to Coulson who slotted home.

And if that wasn’t all I won the £228 50/50 to help celebrate going top of the league, my wedding anniversary (today) and my 60th birthday (tomorrow).

Cheers all!
Skip (now residing in Suffolk)
The 5th Searcher

Post by The 5th Searcher »

This has to be our best performance of the season by a long shot, each and every player must stand up and take a bow.
This is the 1st time for a long while where I’ve had at least 3 or 4 players that could so easily have got my MOTM vote but as Park Life said it’s got to be Jack Smith who was absolutely awesome all game & scored a cracking 4th goal.
This has to be Jacks best game of the season so far.

Tom Bonner was solid as a rock tonight along with the other back 3 and what a goal from Max Statham to make it 3-0.

Josh Johnson was pure quality as well alongside Jack tonight, both players ran their socks off and closed absolutely everything down all game.

Luke Coulson had probably his best game for us since joining as well & what a cool, calm quality finish from him for goal No 5 after a beautiful through ball pass from Alex Wall.

Credit where credit is due, Alex Wall has started to look a lot better in these last few games and is gradually getting back to the Alex we knew from previous. I’ll admit I was one of those to give him a bit of stick on here early season but he’s turning things around which is great to see.

Blinding result and top of the league.

COYD’s
Last edited by The 5th Searcher on Wed Nov 02, 2022 12:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

Skip wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:40 pm Wow what a night. Huge credit to Dowse and the boys for a stunning performance. We absolutely smashed Welling and this isn’t the two bob Welling from last season. From minute one to injury time in the second half we didn’t take our foot off the gas. You can really see Dowse’s ideas coming to the fore now. The defence looks solid and the two loanees, Smudge and Josh, with the calming experience of Coulson, running the midfield. All this has been made possible with Wynts moving into the holding midfield role and looking so assured. With Rodari and the Fonk running rings round the Welling defence and scoring a goal apiece it was no surprise we rattled in five. My favourite goals were the cool finish from Smudger and Wally’s outside foot pass to Coulson who slotted home.

And if that wasn’t all I won the £228 50/50 to help celebrate going top of the league, my wedding anniversary (today) and my 60th birthday (tomorrow).

Cheers all!
Top salesman sold you the ticket.😁