Charlie Sheringham (Sub)
No votes
Luke Coulson (Sub)
No votes

Total votes: 19

Bkev180

Re: Chippenham v Dartford Sat 3 Sep 2022

Post by Bkev180 »

Another long trip to watch a team I believe dowse doesn't know his best 11 or best formation samir scores 2 last week gets dropped
midfielders running around like headless chickens dan Roberts should of scored rounding the keeper only to hit crossbar then to top it all dowse takes fonkeu and roberts replaces with wall and Sheringham baffled me and again 90 + minutes conceded silly free kick dowse needs quality players and players that show guts wanting to play for the team
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

Bkev180 wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 8:27 pm Another long trip to watch a team I believe dowse doesn't know his best 11 or best formation samir scores 2 last week gets dropped
midfielders running around like headless chickens dan Roberts should of scored rounding the keeper only to hit crossbar then to top it all dowse takes fonkeu and roberts replaces with wall and Sheringham baffled me and again 90 + minutes conceded silly free kick dowse needs quality players and players that show guts wanting to play for the team
Samir was injured
Lennylenny

Post by Lennylenny »

Was that a repeat of the Taunton interview?
Lennylenny

Post by Lennylenny »

Was that a repeat of the Taunton interview?
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

Was that a repeat of the question??
Bkev180

Post by Bkev180 »

Mark Sweet wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 8:42 pm
Bkev180 wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 8:27 pm Another long trip to watch a team I believe dowse doesn't know his best 11 or best formation samir scores 2 last week gets dropped
Samir was injured
If he was injured why name on bench why was he out at half time warming up where young marvin at the ground today
DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

Really hoped Roberts would stake a claim for the first XI with a start today. Also wondering exactly what Luke Allen needs to get the ball in the net (for all his spoils otherwise).
Probably sounds totally ignorant but the way things have been, it seems we need to start hoofing the ball as far away as possible once the clock ticks 45’/90’.
Four of the last five games have been 2-1 defeats and while many have said let’s reserve judgement until ten games pass, we’re only two weeks away from that, so we will need to get at least three points out of Welling / Dover for things to not be a justifiable concern.
Fonkeu looked like a total gem in the first few games, then it seemed as though Rodari would fill in any blanks. However, since the defeat at Taunton, we’ve been a shambles up front with just Carruthers sparing our blushes at HH.

I hope that those who went today had a decent enough day despite the result. Chippenham have come a fair way in recent years, so good luck to them I guess.
KentC.

Post by KentC. »

Park Life wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 8:30 pm

I guess he’s said the right things and taken responsibility. Not much more he can say. Next 3 games crucial because he’s acknowledged it’s not good enough and he’s going to do something about it. I’m hopeful so let’s see.
The 5th Searcher

Post by The 5th Searcher »

Interesting to hear that his back room team were all telling him some players aren’t good enough but Dowse didn’t want to listen and gave the players a chance.
Now it’s finally sunk in let’s hope that he can do something about it, bring some new players in, release those that aren’t good enough and improve on the season otherwise we’ll remain mid table mediocrity at best.
BrianL

Post by BrianL »

It was a nice enough day out to one of the few grounds I've not managed to get to before. Friendly welcome, although rather basic facilities and patchy grass pitch. Good to see Pablo Martinez there and introduced to the crowd before the game, after recovering from his near fatal collapse a few games ago.
However, Chippenham won't often get 3 points as easily. Can't recall a shot on target, or at least one to trouble Joe. Their keeper was the busier. Yet we gifted them a penalty and free kick in the middle on the edge of the box .
Our defensive back four were otherwise sound, and good to have Charlie back after a long lay off. He at least showed some desire and ability to create something, compared to others.
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

Wasn’t at the game so can’t comment on the performance. But the result speaks for itself. A 4th defeat in 7 games is mid-table form. How/why are we conceding late goals to lose games?????

It’ll be a very very interesting next few days, that’s for sure!

Come what may we move on to next Saturday’s big local derby and we should all get right behind the lads. COYD’s.
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

The starting 11 is baffling enough for me? Coulson on the bench?? Herschel missing? Injured I hope, because he should have started up front with Pierre. Wall, Sheringham and Roberts???
Spike

Post by Spike »

Not good enough! That's the bottom line. We pose virtually no threat going forward and keep making mistakes at the back. Poor old Dan Roberts works very hard but simply isn't cut out to be a central striker. We just kept banging long balls up to him and if he won even a single header all day then it must have happened when I was in the toilet and when he did get his two golden chances he sadly missed both. Dan wasn't alone in his struggles, we were woeful at times and just seem devoid of any ideas. The goal that we did get was a good one, but it was manufactured and scored exclusively by 3 of our back 4, Connor, Bonner and (My MOTM) Statham, when they presumably got fed up waiting for something to happen up front and decided to take the matter into their own hands. We did look better when Charlie came on but Wall still looks a million miles away from what he used to be.

I don't think anyone would describe me as negative, usually I'm slammed for being a "rose tinter", but my honest assessment of our squad is that there is a higher chance of us escaping this division via the bottom than at the top. I don't expect EITHER to actually happen, I suspect we'll finish somewhere around 10th-15th, but I honestly don't think it would take much for heads to drop and the wheels to come off completely. I take no pleasure in saying this, I am absolutely gutted about it, but I feel we are at least 5 or 6 quality players short of having a promotion contesting side. I really like Dowse. He's a decent and honest man who wears his heart on his sleeve, but if I'm going to be honest too, I have to say that whilst he has improved a great many things off the pitch, so far his recruitment has been underwhelming and very disappointing.

The results so far have not come as a surprise to a great many Dartford fans. When we travelled down to Bath for the opening game, out of the 4 people in my car, 3 of us were predicting nil-something defeats and the other a 0-0 draw. Not a single one of us expected the Darts to score and not one of us believed we were anywhere close to having a promotion challenging squad. Okay so we were pleasantly surprised with the result on that day, but as time has progressed, our fears and concerns are becoming a reality. We are simply not good enough.

It's not all doom and gloom, we do have a good few quality players in the squad, but it's going to take a fair bit of wheeling and dealing on Dowse's part to fix the problems. In the meantime he continues to get my support and I will be going to all the matches and cheering on the team as usual. It is still early days and there is still time to turn things around. COYD
Last edited by Spike on Sun Sep 04, 2022 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

Well said Spike.

I don’t think there’s anyone on here that believes the squad is strong enough, or deep enough, to challenge for promotion at present. What we do have is an experienced manager who was absolutely right for us and, with his back room staff, feel sure he sort things out. What he and the lads need right now is our support - win, lose or draw. COYD’s.
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

I am still pro Dowse but having identified the problems [ albeit a bit later than his support team advised] he now has to be ruthless and get rid of a
number of the squad who are clearly not good enough for a play of push and use the remaining budget [ were told its not all spent !!] to recruit some class to get us back on track

I think behind the hard exterior Dowse is a bit of a pussycat and sees the best in people but now is the time to show his " claws " !!!!!

Good opportunity on Monday to ask constructive questions [ witchhunt not needed ] at " Meet the Manager "
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

First 30 minutes was not very exciting but we then got into the game and had a spell where we caused them a few problems and took the lead. Going in at HT 1 nil up would have been good but unfortunately we conceded the late penalty. Didn't get a clear view of this so can't comment but I'm sure it was against the same player who was booked earlier for diving in the box so he would have been very brave to do it again. Penalty seemed to go straight at Joe but somehow squirmed under him, hopefully match highlights will give a clearer view of what actually happened.

Second half was more of the same with both teams failing to impress or create many chances but we did create a decent chance and look a bit more threatening when Charlie came on. Not sure why but we played a lot of long balls which came to nothing, hopefully this was partly due to the playing surface which was very poor.

I did say just after half time i was worried Chippenham may grow in confidence if we didn't take control of the game and get the winner but in all honesty if we hadn't conceded the late free kick it looked like neither team was capable, or deserving of the win.

It gives me no pleasure at all to say i predicted pre season the squad wasn't strong enough and two months in we'd be rebuilding it but I do still believe we have a core of good players. However i feel we are well short of quality and quantity and Dowse has got a major job on his hands of strengthening the squad which he mentioned in his post match interview. Feel for him atm as he seems a decent genuine hardworking guy who is also prepared to take full responsibility and although i feel the blame doesn't only rest on his shoulders, recruitment so far has not been good.

MOTM between two players imo. Charlie as he made a difference when he came on but gave it to Statham as he had a steady game and scored.
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

Always a very balanced view from both Spike and Park Life. Anybody would think you two were related!!

Good to hear some positive commemorate about Charlie’s contribution yesterday too. His experience, and eye for a goal or two, wil be very important to us as we start to build the team. Robbo will learn an awful lot from him - if only they could be paired together.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Tony H wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 12:49 pm Always a very balanced view from both Spike and Park Life. Anybody would think you two were related!!
If you heard us in the car going to away matches you wouldn't think so :lol: :lol:
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

Park Life wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 1:05 pm
Tony H wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 12:49 pm Always a very balanced view from both Spike and Park Life. Anybody would think you two were related!!
If you heard us in the car going to away matches you wouldn't think so :lol: :lol:
Priceless! 😂😂