Alex Wall (Sub)
No votes
Dan Roberts (Sub)
No votes

Total votes: 31

M1 South

Re: Dartford v Havant & Waterlooville Tue 16 Aug 2022

Post by M1 South »

Thought overall we were worth a draw last night.
Havant are a tall, strong athletic team which Doswell has been trying to assembly for some time now.
They started strongly & seemed to run all night, so maybe the full time status showed there?
But having said that we had our fair share of chances to score another but wasn’t to be, their 2 x goals seemed to come from unchallenged headers with Dowse mentioned we have to work on!!
I wont mention the performance of the Referee as in this current climate I’ll be accused of sexism, so I’ll have a pop at her 2 x male assistants instead….basically useless!!
H&W played/conned them all to a T with their usual shithousery!! Maybe we as a team are too nice?
However for the first time since their FA Cup exploit maybe Doswell has finally conjured up a squad that can get them promoted through a combination of very well paid, big lumps who can run?? (Oh & Prior)
Meanwhile we need to improve our finishing & compete for all headers, if you’re the nearest man go for it, don’t leave it for someone else who maybe but ultimately isn’t there!!
What doesn’t help matters is Webbedfeet keep scoring late winners. Long May that NOT continue??
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

Having not attended last night and reading through posts from those who did, it is some consolation that although we didn't get the result we put in a performance that was worthy of at least a draw.

When I looked at the fixtures before the season this is one I had marked down as one of the toughest all season and fully expect Havant to be challenging towards the end of the season.

The fact we put up a strong fight against a full time outfit shows we are in a good position and can hopefully continue to get stronger.

Can't comment on the officials as I haven't seen anything but in my opinion the level of officiating last season was at the worst its ever been and its a shame to read we are having the same issues.

The most important thing now is bouncing back with a win against Taunton on Saturday.

COYD
KentC.

Post by KentC. »

BAWArmy wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:45 am Let's hope we bounce back on Saturday and doesn't turn into a catalyst that ruined last season!

What a brilliant statement, we’ll done
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

KentC. wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:30 am
BAWArmy wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:45 am Let's hope we bounce back on Saturday and doesn't turn into a catalyst that ruined last season!

What a brilliant statement, we’ll done
UpTheDarts.
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

Why do we quoting and commenting on the tw@t? Ignore it and it will go away! It thrives on the attention.
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

I enjoyed the game and if fairness applied we would have got a point but life aint fair and with our awful defending [ Bonner and Essam must have 700+ senior games between them but dont know about Jason Prior !!!] . I enjoyed Dowse's honest post match interview and Im sure he will learn from it
Two areas of our game that still cease to amaze me is our total lack of creativity at Free Kick s and Corners with " same old same old " [ same with King last season] as the long ball for Bonner and Essom doesnt work and very few goals results from it , surely with players of the creative class of Carruther, Coulson and Murtagh we can create something different !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Havant and a very good side and we were not far behind , so well played to the team and Im sure will will give the play offs [ at least] a real good go

My MOTM was Sami Caruthers - class all night !!!!!

nb I am NOT blaming ther Ref for our loss but she was totally out of her depth !!!!!!
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Spike

Post by Spike »

It was a very good game to watch, easily the best so far this season and I thought we extremely unlucky not to have got something from the game. To be honest I would have been disappointed with a draw, let alone the defeat. But despite playing some very nice football, in the end it there's no denying we gave away a couple of sloppy goals and missed a golden chance late on and that's why we lost. On the plus side, the performance was pretty good and I'm not downbeat. Samir got my MOTM vote. On to Taunton.
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

My first game Tuesday and like a few on here including Dowse thought that we were very unlucky not to have got something from the game.
Yes, we lost our way second half but I thought we could have gone in at half time 2 maybe 3-1 up. spectacular save by Worner from Coulson late first half probably kept them in it.
Agree with Dowse on maybe a defender and an attacker needed. The substitutions did not make much difference and to honest I don't think that Wall is my answer to the problem.
Good performances all over from us but Havant are a good side, no doubt about it.
Wynter, Odaudu, (powerhouse), Carruthers, Coulson, Allen and Rodari were stand-outs. Though Sam was sadly lacking on the back post for the first goal, was excellent throughout.
Very difficult to choose my MOTM but have gone for Samir who had incredible stamina throughout and was a fly in their ointment. Glad we kept him.
As for the referee I thought it was a massive game for her to be in charge of. Yes, she let a lot go especially two poor challenges from the opposition. But I don't think she was helped much by her assistants. Too BIG a game for her.
MOTM Samir.
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

Having seen the highlights not sure Essam was offside at the end there??
I think the Lino’s need reminding that it’s when the balls played to the player you decide, not when he/she receives it???
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

M1 South wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:00 am Having seen the highlights not sure Essam was offside at the end there??
I think the Lino’s need reminding that it’s when the balls played to the player you decide, not when he/she receives it???
I thought the same mate when I watched the highlights.
Pedro

Post by Pedro »

Agree with most on here that the game was a good one and we were indeed unlucky to lose it.

I was in line with the offside but I do think the lino was correct unfortunately - but only just.

COYD