Dan Roberts (Sub)
No votes
Alex Wall (Sub)
No votes

Total votes: 37

Trevor B

Re: Dartford v Cheshunt Sat 13 Aug 2022

Post by Trevor B »

Well done to our film crew with excellent shots of the moves for the second goal which were captured perfectly
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

I dunno if I missed something as regards Lennylenny??? Poor lad.
Liked the look of Rodari up front.
I bet our friend down the road, Dennis, was grateful of the extra 10 minutes on Saturday. makes a change for him, but he'll probably let evreyone know that Fleet dominated the 99 minutes and deserved the win.
Will be my first game Tuesday night, come rain or shine. :D
Skip

Post by Skip »

ozymandias wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:09 am Will be my first game Tuesday night, come rain or shine. :D
I don’t think you’ll need your wellies…🤣
Skip (now residing in Suffolk)
Spike

Post by Spike »

ozymandias wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:09 am I dunno if I missed something as regards Lennylenny??? Poor lad.
It does seem a bizarre response from LennyLenny to what I thought was a very minor difference of opinion. Whether or not he's right and Cheshunt do turn out to be the "whipping boys" remains to be seen, but I felt inclined to call it out as disrespectful because personally I don't think such comments help the cause. At worst they may be used to fire up the opposition and at best they devalue our win. That's just my opinion, Lenny is entitled to disagree as are we all, but I honestly don't know what all that other stuff about being bullied and lack of positivity is about. I suspect there's a lot more behind Lenny's post than meets the eye and Mark Sweet might be right in that it's really all about our former manager's dismissal.

I've already made my views known on King's departure and I was genuinely shocked when it happened. I do however, understand both sides of the argument and can see why anyone close to Steve King might be upset. However, if I was going to mount a defence for King it would be all about the quality of players and football that he brought to the club, I would certainly steer well clear of talking about bitchiness and lack of positivity.

In any case, people who are close to people are only ever going to see things from their own perspective and that's fine. Personally, I support the club, not the individual, and I think we're doing okay.
Last edited by Spike on Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PeteSamson

Post by PeteSamson »

Well done to the commentary and filming team. The quality seems to have taken a step upwards too.
Wow, what a cracker of a goal for our second goal. So well worked and wouldn't have been out of place in the Premiership!

That has been two tricky opening games out of the way. Bath bounced back on Saturday for their first win and it has to be said Cheshunt have to be given credit and put in an admirable performance as newcomers to the league following their promotion and will go on to make their mark this season.

Given that the squad didn't really have too much opportunity to settle in during the pre season friendlies, the evidence seems to be that the team is settling in well. As Skip says, H&W tomorrow night will hopefully give us a further evidence as to where we are.

Continue to be impressed by young Sam Oduadu. I had offered to sponsor his kit, but was beaten to it. However, I received a text message from Geoff Ashburn to say Pierre Fonkeu had been a late signing, and would I like to sponsor him? Job done, and looking forward to meeting Pierre when I make it to PP. He certainly came across well in his recent interview. Keep those goals coming.

All in all, I was looking for a steady start to the season, and certainly well pleased to date. Well played Darts.

COYD
DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

I’m tremendously proud of the club top to bottom for the start to this season. Statistically, we would need to chain another five wins together in order to equal the monumental opening of 21/22, but the new management team have instilled a very healthy togetherness in the camp and there is a sense of unity perhaps lacking in recent times.
The highlights are decent with nice camera work and good commentary and having Martin Tyler as assistant coach assessing the match is like Bobby George getting the beers in for your darts team.

Good to know things are peachy at Danson Park as well though - sounds like surviving the drop by the skins of their teeth last season has kept spirits up high, so should be all smiles after we hand out another 0-6 drubbing in February. Everyone wins.
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Whats the thoughts on Dashone Goldings performance on saturday, we are probably short of a winger ,could he be the answer ??????????????
Dave T

Post by Dave T »

PeteSamson wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:40 pm Well done to the commentary and filming team. The quality seems to have taken a step upwards too.
I have to agree Pete. The quality of the film and commentary has really been stepped up. Very professional 👍
Kebabus

Post by Kebabus »

Credit has to be given to the management team for the work in signing the players, we were a tad behind other clubs.

Another win and 6 points, hopefully another 3 tomorrow, against a quality outfit.

One comment from me on the plastic, mercenary melts, good f@#ckng riddance. Dartford forever here! Thick and thin!
KSTDART

Post by KSTDART »

Spike wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:27 pm
ozymandias wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:09 am I dunno if I missed something as regards Lennylenny??? Poor lad.
It does seem a bizarre response from LennyLenny to what I thought was a very minor difference of opinion. Whether or not he's right and Cheshunt do turn out to be the "whipping boys" remains to be seen, but I felt inclined to call it out as disrespectful because personally I don't think such comments help the cause. At worst they may be used to fire up the opposition and at best they devalue our win. That's just my opinion, Lenny is entitled to disagree as are we all, but I honestly don't know what all that other stuff about being bullied and lack of positivity is about. I suspect there's a lot more behind Lenny's post than meets the eye and Mark Sweet might be right in that it's really all about our former manager's dismissal.

I've already made my views known on King's departure and I was genuinely shocked when it happened. I do however, understand both sides of the argument and can see why anyone close to Steve King might be upset. However, if I was going to mount a defence for King it would be all about the quality of players and football that he brought to the club, I would certainly steer well clear of talking about bitchiness and lack of positivity.

In any case, people who are close to people are only ever going to see things from their own perspective and that's fine. Personally, I support the club, not the individual, and I think we're doing okay.
Strangely enough someone has posted on the bus stop forum saying it was their 1st time back their since SK has left due to him being badly treated. Coincidence ??
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

All I can say is these supporters :roll: weren't supporters after all.
JCJ

Post by JCJ »

I was a Kingy supporter but would never even think of going to see Welling or any other team over Dartford

Once a Dart always a Dart its in your Blood
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Skip, if you had been in Barham this morning you'd be thinking 'wellies'.