Dan Roberts (Sub)
No votes
Alex Wall (Sub)
No votes

Total votes: 37

Tony H

Re: Dartford v Cheshunt Sat 13 Aug 2022

Post by Tony H »

M1 South wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:14 am Special mention also to the Referee who I thought had a very good game!! Used common sense when needed, I can’t remember seeing him before at PP but any statto’s out there may prove me wrong??
He was due a good game!! We’ve seen him plenty of times away from PP, more recently away at Billericay late last season. Imo he’s had some stinkers but agree, he was okay yesterday. What I like about him is he referees with a smile on his face, gives decisions positively (whether they’re correct or not) and he has bants with the fans!
Silverado

Post by Silverado »

M1 South wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:14 am Special mention also to the Referee who I thought had a very good game!! Used common sense when needed, I can’t remember seeing him before at PP but any statto’s out there may prove me wrong??
I got the impression that he was following this season's new guidelines on ignoring challenges that would previously have been blown up for fouls and on letting the game flow as freely as possible.
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

For ‘Guidelines’ read ‘Common sense’!!
Footballs a simple game!
The Futures White

Post by The Futures White »

rambo wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:36 pm
KSTDART wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:09 pm
rambo wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:57 pm Can someone tell me how come Martin Tyler is now connected to dartford football club
He is part of Dowson’s coaching staff
Thanks for that , I can’t believe it, I watch the sky matches he covers on mute then he turns up on my phone 🙁
According to Wikipedia Martin Tyler has worked as a coach for a number of teams managed by Alan Dowson. In 2005, he joined Walton & Hersham and has since worked with Dowson at Kingstonian and Hampton & Richmond Borough. In May 2018, he followed Dowson to National League club Woking, a team he has supported since he was young. Following the departure of Dowson in late February 2022, Tyler also opted to leave the club, concluding a four-year spell with the Surrey-based side.
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

Not at PP, but:
Billericay v Dartford Fri 15 Apr 2022 FT 0-2 Att 1084
Booked: no one.
Match Official: Farai Hallam

Play-off Final
Weymouth v Dartford Sat 1 Aug 2020
Reserve Assistant Referee: Faral Hallam
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Trevor B

Post by Trevor B »

An excellent result and a good win that should have shown more goals for us in the first half had we taken our chances and just a shame to concede a goal so late in the game.
For those of us behind the goal to the right watching the passing and moves to create the second goal were brilliant and I just hope the video will do it justice for those watching elsewhere.
Kev has managed to film the goals as usual well done for catching both and the moves especially as filming from the left hand side of the goal
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Good interview with Pierre whose comments epitimises the ethos that Dowse wants the Darts squad to have , attitude is a great thing and this squad has it !!!!!!!!!!!!
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

Has our second goal at Bath last weekend been officially credited to Fonkeu then?
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Tony H wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 3:48 pm Has our second goal at Bath last weekend been officially credited to Fonkeu then?
Yeah i think so.
I was standing a couple of yards away and confirm he definitely got the last touch.
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

Park Life wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 3:55 pm
Tony H wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 3:48 pm Has our second goal at Bath last weekend been officially credited to Fonkeu then?
Yeah i think so.
I was standing a couple of yards away and confirm he definitely got the last touch.
Good stuff, thanks PL
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Craig Edwards Interview - Cheshunt Manager

BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

Nice to hear an opponents manager giving a fair assessment of the game.
Robinhood

Post by Robinhood »

BRASSNECK wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:07 pm Nice to hear an opponents manager giving a fair assessment of the game.
National South is a piece of pi.. of cake :lol:
Lennylenny

Post by Lennylenny »

I have said I would like dartford to be sucsseful , so good luck I then said chestnut will be this years whipping boys , a opinion on a fans forum, it’s not disrespectful it’s a opinion it’s like arseholes , everyone’s got one, I though can have mine without fear of repuccusions , as I’m not easily bullied. Everyone who knows me, knows me knows I’m not a keyboard warrior , I’m easily traced etc. I went to welling yesterday and tho they weren’t amazing ( against a good Worthing side) there was a proper positivity about the place , and it felt like a club who were the pits trying to grow , food put the plastic served at dartford to shame and the bar tho slow even after losing didn’t have the bitchiness like Dartford’s bar does after every non winning game dartford a top team with fantastic facilities crowd 922( tho chestnut may have not brought many ) while welling with Worthing probably bringing 70/90got 812 .We weren’t the only dartford supporters there from last year , so think floaters will now float more. I won’t be posting on here anymore, I expect abuse for this post , fire away , I’ve just checked my pockets I’m out off f…ks so can’t give one to anyone , sorry. Good luck for year hope u do brilliant but I would prefer to go to a club with some fun left in it rather than ime wit backbitig I
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

Lennylenny wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:54 pm I have said I would like dartford to be sucsseful , so good luck I then said chestnut will be this years whipping boys , a opinion on a fans forum, it’s not disrespectful it’s a opinion it’s like arseholes , everyone’s got one, I though can have mine without fear of repuccusions , as I’m not easily bullied. Everyone who knows me, knows me knows I’m not a keyboard warrior , I’m easily traced etc. I went to welling yesterday and tho they weren’t amazing ( against a good Worthing side) there was a proper positivity about the place , and it felt like a club who were the pits trying to grow , food put the plastic served at dartford to shame and the bar tho slow even after losing didn’t have the bitchiness like Dartford’s bar does after every non winning game dartford a top team with fantastic facilities crowd 922( tho chestnut may have not brought many ) while welling with Worthing probably bringing 70/90got 812 .We weren’t the only dartford supporters there from last year , so think floaters will now float more. I won’t be posting on here anymore, I expect abuse for this post , fire away , I’ve just checked my pockets I’m out off f…ks so can’t give one to anyone , sorry. Good luck for year hope u do brilliant but I would prefer to go to a club with some fun left in it rather than ime wit backbitig I

What an extremely strange post. Safe to assume you are one of Kings mates that still wants him in the job? Well we've moved on and hopefully for the better. Dowse clearly cares much more for the wider community of the club and that's something we should all be on board with.

I'm guessing you were expecting/hoping we were on 0 points by this point. Well unfortunately for you thats not the case.

If it is your last post, which I doubt it will be as the trolls/warriors always come back, then you won't be missed by myself.

For the record 922 was the highest attendance across the league by almost 100. I'm sure the only reason it was below the regular figure was due to the heat so that's also a strange way to fulfill your confusing narrative
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

No more posts T. F. F, T,
Skip

Post by Skip »

A more than decent start to the season with a number of quality performances by certain players, including Samir, Luke Coulson, Sam, Wilksy and Pierre. We certainly knocked the ball around with some style and but for some more clinical finishing would have ended the game more comfortably.

It’s always difficult to gage a performance against the level of opposition so early in the season but overall I was happy with the 3 points collected against a hard working Cheshunt side. And great to see young academy lad, Sam Oduadu, more than hold his own against experienced opponents. Dowse is to be applauded for promoting him into the first eleven and demonstrating that there is capability within the academy set up. What a fantastic incentive to other academy hopefuls that they will be given an opportunity to shine if they show the appropriate commitment and ability.

The first big test is coming up on Tuesday against full time Havant which will be another handy yardstick to measure our progression under Dowse. Looking forward to it.
Last edited by Skip on Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Skip (now residing in Suffolk)
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Skip

Post by Skip »

Having just watched the match highlights I hadn’t realised how prominent Luke Coulson was in many of our goal scoring opportunities but also putting in the hard work defensively, too. And our second goal was absolutely sublime.
Skip (now residing in Suffolk)