Taunton away

Ajaxman DFC

Taunton away

Post by Ajaxman DFC »

Anyone thinking of travelling by train on August 20th beware.
Our heroic survivors of the Pandemic, which wiped out millions of their comrades, are planning to go on strike that day.
Kebabus

Re: Taunton away

Post by Kebabus »

Yeah dozens of tickets booked! Not even sure a refund can be offered for a strike?
Undercover Elephant

Post by Undercover Elephant »

Anyone going really needs to head out to Patrick’s pub, the Winchester Arms a great pub in a small friendly town.

He normally has loads of beers on tap and the food is excellent!

https://www.winchesterarmstrull.co.uk/

It’s a little bit outside of town but highly worth it!
PeteSamson

Post by PeteSamson »

I travelled down from Merseyside yesterday to the Dorset coast. Stayed awY from motorways where possible until we joined the M5 at Gloucester. No problems until the M4 and M5 merged and we were very much delayed by slow moving traffic down by Bristol. So beware of holiday traffic delays if going by road, especially if train strikes continue.
Taunton Dart

Post by Taunton Dart »

Undercover Elephant wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 8:45 am Anyone going really needs to head out to Patrick’s pub, the Winchester Arms a great pub in a small friendly town.

He normally has loads of beers on tap and the food is excellent!

https://www.winchesterarmstrull.co.uk/

It’s a little bit outside of town but highly worth it!
All Darts fans extremely welcome at the Winchester Arms - if you are coming down to Taunton and staying overnight why not book a meal with us on the Friday evening.

I must say I still miss working on the turnstile at the Plaza end of the ground and drinks in the bar at PP