Christian Jolley - New Assistant Manager

The Futures White

Christian Jolley - New Assistant Manager

Post by The Futures White »

Alan Dowson has confirmed that Christian Jolley will be his new assistant. The former AFC Wimbledon and Newport striker has previously played under Dowson at Kingstonian, Hampton & Richmond and Woking.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Jolley
DA1

Re: Christian Jolley - New Assistant Manager

Post by DA1 »

The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Very good playing pedigree and developed on Staff side at Woking with Dowse , should be a very good appointment , is Tom Champion next player/coach ???
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

That’s the second reference I’ve seen to Tom Champion today!
Also, why didn’t the club announce this appointment (Christian Jolley) before the press did? Good news all the same!
AshWFC

Post by AshWFC »

Woking fan again - not gonna lie, this seems like a slight reach. Jolley had previously been focused on training to be a physio.

That said, from that point of view is probably a cheap option that potentially kills two birds with one stone longer term. Also, he's well regarded as a very mature, calm character who will reign others back in. My only concern would be the depth of coaching experience? Dowse has always previously had Ian Dyer, who we've retained and is a very well qualified coach.

Really hope it works out for him. He only played for us for about half a season before his legs gave out and he retired, but he was a big part of why we got off to a good start and made the 3rd round of the FA Cup on a complete rebuild - has only earned more respect since to be honest.
DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

Thanks AshWFC, that seems like a very fair assessment.
I remember hearing this name regularly 10-15 years ago as someone who drank in my local worked with Jolley and would bemoan his constant updates of Kingstonian’s progress (as an egg-chaser, non-league football news wasn’t a massive draw for him).

All the best to Christian in his role at DFC.