Steve King

Mark Sweet

Steve King

Post by Mark Sweet »

Sounds like he's been sacked? Cannot believe it

Park Life

Re: Steve King

Post by Park Life »

This is unbelievable news and i can't believe it.
The board cannot just make a statement like that without details, we need to know what's happened and now.
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

What an absolute shocker!! Will be interesting to hear why?
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

Personally I cannot believe it.

Half a season and he gets us to the playoff final when we was close to the relegation places when he took over.
First completed season after the disrupted COVID one he once again gets us to playoffs.

Something must've happened behind the scenes for this to be the result, we deserve to know what has happened.

I'd also like to know who is available to replace him
RogerChapman

Post by RogerChapman »

Can't believe it but nothing surprises me theses day in football at any level.
Darts fans need to know what's gone on and I dare say we shall in time.
Good luck SK
Pedro

Post by Pedro »

Shocked and disappointed. Unless there is a valid reason behind the scenes this is terrible treatment. At the moment unless an established replacement lined up I will think twice about my season ticket and I have followed the Darts for 50+ years.
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

Not surprised.
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

Fully expecting an ex player to end up in charge who has minimal coaching experience. Will end up being Coyle/Flanagan 2.0
The 5th Searcher

Post by The 5th Searcher »

A very surprising and quite shocking announcement from the board but in a way also a pleasing one.

Steve King has brought in some excellent players to the club and also some not so great but he loves to make signings. Whether they be on contract, loan or even pay as you play and at times some very unnecessary signings.

Although he said he would get us in to the play off’s each season which he fulfilled it would’ve actually been nice to have won one of them to get promoted, we just seemed to flop under the pressure each time and for what has been spent over these last 3 seasons the end product just wasn’t good enough.

It’ll be interesting to see the boards statement when it gets released, I only hope they’ve already got someone with the right pedigree & qualifications lined up who can come in straight away to start talks with the players for those they want to retain and then those players they want to sign.
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

Give a young manager a chance Micky Collins did a decent job at Sevenoaks plus also a Dartford legend.
dartfordknight

Post by dartfordknight »

Not surprised our football has not been good enough since the FA Cup exit to Sudbury. The real mystery was what happened to the players after that game.
DA1

Post by DA1 »

Not surprised, a club is more than just what we see on the pitch. Bye.
The Futures White

Post by The Futures White »

I heard rumours a couple of months back that the club would sack Steve King if the club didn't get promoted but thought it was load of bollocks. Now it's happened I'm a bit surprised to say the least. I hope that the board has a very good replacement lined up otherwise it will show a huge lack of ambition.
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

Poor UPTHEDARTS is going to be mortified. :)
KSTDART

Post by KSTDART »

I dont think it can related to performance after we finished 4th , I can only guess there was a falling out behind the scenes. I guess all will be revealed in the end and I would not be surprised if someone is already lined up to take over

Thanks for all your efforts and hard work Steve
BAWArmy

Post by BAWArmy »

BRASSNECK wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 11:14 pm Give a young manager a chance Micky Collins did a decent job at Sevenoaks plus also a Dartford legend.
Yes because last time we got 2 ex players to manage us that went extremely well.

Shocked you want us to go down the same route again. Get someone in with experience who will get us promoted, it's not the time for experiments.
The 5th Searcher

It is very rare indeed for our board of directors to sack a manager unless the results have been absolutely dire or we’ve been relegated, like Tommy Sampson and Flanagan & Coyle.
Neither has happened as we finished 4th in the table and got to the play offs again something Steve has achieved in each season he’s been here. SO something must have either happened behind the scenes of which I very much doubt we will hear about OR more likely the board just wasn’t happy with the end product each season considering the sort of money that must have been spent due to the amount of players signed. Also Kingy must have been of quite high wages I would’ve thought.
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

Agree with that Kev. At the very least the Club Announcement could and should have offered the Clubs thanks for the work Steve did and for sorting out the shambles created by his predecessors. One can only imagine that there’s been a falling out behind the scenes. Still in shock at such a major decision with minimal explanation. I’ll wait!
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

BAWArmy wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 11:48 pm
BRASSNECK wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 11:14 pm Give a young manager a chance Micky Collins did a decent job at Sevenoaks plus also a Dartford legend.
Yes because last time we got 2 ex players to manage us that went extremely well.

Shocked you want us to go down the same route again. Get someone in with experience who will get us promoted, it's not the time for experiments.
Tony Burman was a ex Dartford player he didn’t do to badly if you remember.
The 5th Searcher

Dean, I don’t honestly think Micky Collins would be the right person for the job. As much as he had success with Sevenoaks Town I don’t believe he has the experience for anything higher than that level. I don’t know what sort of contacts he has in the game but doubt he would be able to attract the sort of players we would need to get us out of this league.

I wouldn’t be to surprised if somebody like Steve McKimm attracted the attention of the board after getting sacked from Tonbridge. I’m not saying that’s who I would choose but he’s been around the game a lot and been involved in higher level football so would almost certainly have some contacts as well.