This may annoy some

BAWArmy

Re: This may annoy some

Post by BAWArmy »

SKennedyDFC wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 7:24 am
BAWArmy wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:07 pm So much negativity on here, especially from SKennedy.

We should be enjoying the fact we're battling at the top end of the table yet we still have people complaining on here.

People need to move on, this isn't 2010 and the Burman days are over. "The club is losing it's identity" I've never heard so much rubbish in my life. Just a useless statement to push your anti King agenda.

King is a top manager and he will take us up whether it be this season or a future one.
"King is a top manager and he will take us up whether it be this season or a future one" is a pretty useless statement too given his track record of failure in the playoffs.

I'm sure some of these players have a "track record of failure" at other clubs , doesn't mean they can't and won't be successful elsewhere.

Clearly you're one of those that would enjoy to see Burman back, despite us being way past that era.
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

BAWArmy wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 7:32 am
BAWArmy wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:07 pm So much negativity on here, especially from SKennedy.

We should be enjoying the fact we're battling at the top end of the table yet we still have people complaining on here.

People need to move on, this isn't 2010 and the Burman days are over. "The club is losing it's identity" I've never heard so much rubbish in my life. Just a useless statement to push your anti King agenda.

King is a top manager and he will take us up whether it be this season or a future one.
"King is a top manager and he will take us up whether it be this season or a future one" is a pretty useless statement too given his track record of failure in the playoffs.

I'm sure some of these players have a "track record of failure" at other clubs , doesn't mean they can't and won't be successful elsewhere.

Clearly you're one of those that would enjoy to see Burman back, despite us being way past that era.
UpTheDarts
SKennedyDFC

Post by SKennedyDFC »

BAWArmy wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 7:32 am

Actually no, I accept the Burman days of being in charge are gone, but I want a manager at the club who has the same principles as TB and willingness to bring players through and develop them. I see no pleasure in supporting a random group of strangers each week which is how it has felt at points this season.
JCJ

Post by JCJ »

I think you have be hacked B&W, but by chance you haven't I find myself agreeing with you for once,

Burman days are over but still over sees money side of the club as far as I am aware, Just remember in between TB and Kingy we had Coyle & Flanagan and in my opinion they destroyed the club by bringing in players that were here just for the money and were mates of the two managers, they could well have taken us down if the club had not acted when they did.

Kingy first season he took over from the C & F and got us to the play off final which I thought was a great achievement given where we were when he took over, second season when the season was cut short we were second and who knows where we could have finished if the season had not been cut short.
Then this season got to say I don't like all the changes but then when I look at the injuries we have had, if Kingy had not made these changes I firmly believe we would have been mid table at best but where are in in play-offs something Kingy promised at the start of the season and we have a good chance of winning them.

If we did not have King here I don't think we would have some of the players Like Jebb, Wilks Murtagh Robinson to name a few, Just like When TB was here players Like Brabrook, Hayes Noble and Burns signed for the manager rather than the club, As in my opinion is proven as the day after TB stepped down Hayes signed for Concorde even though that didn't work out for him and returned later.

I do believe King will get us promoted and it could be this season still, lets get behind the team and manager and you never know it might end with promotion.

and the anti King people be careful what you wish for we could go back to Coyle and Flanagan as managers,

B&W please take a bit of your own advise and lets lose the negativity when we let in a goal
UP THE DARTS
BAWArmy

Post by BAWArmy »

Not hacked!

One more thing, yes we had a good start however being a part time club was always going to catch up with us in the end and this is the biggest thing holding us back at the moment in my opinion. However an unforseen injury crisis has obviously played a factor
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

We have done ok this season with Part Time [ eg 2 nights training per week ] , in view of the Clubs healthy financial position [ with the potential to make even more , Catering etc] , isnt it time for us to go to the " Maidstone and others Full Time Policy " next season ???????
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

I am of the viewpoint that King is definitely the man for the job of taking us up.

As has been previously said, he's technically in his 3rd season however its only the first full season he will have completed with his 1st taking over mid way, 2nd was suspended and here we are coming to the end of his 3rd.

Hes done extremely well to get to where he is now, up against some strong/full time teams and managed to keep our title hopes alive until the last 10 or so games.

I do however think the club needs to turn full time if we want to establish and compete at the next level. We have the facilities in place to do so.
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

If Kingy get's us up it will be the same in the National League and the EFL. No, he is not a Tony Burman, but then he is not a Hakan Heyrettin and what has he done this season??
SK brought his reputation with him and he probably will never change. We either get used to it or shut up. :?
KingKong

Post by KingKong »

Agree on Steve King-i am a big fan of the way his sides play. Injuries have been really unkind to us this year and whilst there are a couple of players like Dan Roberts and Michael Kedman who I think were unlucky to be sent out on loan/released I am generally supportive. I do see how he would not be everyone's favourite but that is football.
Lets get behind the team now there is plenty of time for this sort of discussion in the summer.
MickW

Post by MickW »

Not sure anyone was looking for the return of TB - it was the ethos in the club during his time that was being lauded.
As most have said we have achieved significantly this season and hats of to Steve King for that.
I accept that we have suffered a lot of injuries this season but we have had 4 teams worth of players!!
Should we progress to the next level (and I sincerely hope we do) I can't see a policy of introducing fresh faces every couple of weeks as being either desirable or feasible financially.
On top of this we do not seem to have made any progress in establishing our academy players in the first team squad (even losing one to Fulham). Is that wasteful or is the academy not offering much at the mo?
The step to full time seems a huge one for us to make but hopefully will be fulfilled before too long.
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

It’s a good post this. I’ve often been left wondering what on earth is going on at DFC. The atmosphere during the first half on Saturday was that of a club seeing out the end of a dull middle of the table season with nothing to play for. And, in my humble opinion, it’s been like that all too often at PP these last few months. On the pitch and on the terraces. The fact that I voted for a goalkeeper* as player of the season tells one all they need to know about this team and this season. And we’re challenging for a top three spot!! I’m a fan of Kingy but he’s doing my nut in! Going, “Who?!!” nearly every week as the team is announced ain’t the way forward, I do know that.
(* Wilksy pipped Tom Bonner by a whisker!)
Ajaxman DFC

Post by Ajaxman DFC »

Dorking's injury list was horrendous at the start of the season. They stuck by their squad putting the onus on others to step up to the plate. Determined not to let their injury hit team mates down they did just that.
The team spirit forged within their squad has made them an efficient unit.
They all know each others strengths and weaknesses and play to those strengths accordingly.
It's also bred consistency week in week out in their performances on the field.
They are finishing the campaign like we started it. They're scoring goals for fun and attendances have soared.

If fit or not suspended (probably caused through frustration) our only regular outfield starter is our captain Tom Bonner.
The further we travel up the pyramid the finer the margins become. What you may just about get away with in the Isthmian League you most definitely will not in the National Leagues.

Defensive partnerships are vital to a team's success. Connor Essam's been a huge loss while Ronnie Vint has picked up where he left off after his loan period at Dulwich and has been contributing with a few goals for them too.

Tom must be travelling to games these days wondering who the hell he's playing with that day.
Craybank

Post by Craybank »

Ajaxman (and some others) are dead right. Am disillusioned and bored. Too much tickytacky(sic) not enough knees up mother Brown (a la Bradbrook, Noble). No back to goal laying off No9 who can retain the ball and bring others into play and who might sometimes even win a challenge in the air! This is NLS not Premier League. Who are they anyway? who cares anymore? I may not renew season ticket. Good, bad or indifferent, want to support OUR BOYS. (Lay awake at night dreaming of Ryno's hanging crosses. That's me leaning on the far post rolling a Red Rizla waiting to nod the ball over line.... I know, I was offside then, but I'm REALLY offside now. If we DO win promotion, many thanks to all our c50 players. But no satisfaction on my part.
Tall Dart

Post by Tall Dart »

When we were on fire earlier in the season the tip tappy touches led to goals. We have definitely lost our way after a long list of injuries and changes and I miss a good old rousing "COME ON U DARTs" to cheer the boys on. As they say it's the buisness end of the season, let's give it a good go (fans and all), and I'm personally more than happy for King to be in charge next year either way. People say hes a marmite manager but I xant stand marmite!?!?
Dave T

Post by Dave T »

I'm glad it's not just me! I have felt quite bad this season having lost my DFC mojo and I'm really not sure why. I've only used my season ticket six times l think and not been present since December.

After the oustanding start to the season, both in results and performances, l just haven't been enjoying watching the Darts since the tinkering started and so many players being signed then discarded and the performances suddenly became totally disjointed and the atmosphere doesn't feel the same.... on and off the pitch.

I have no desire to harp back to the Burmam era, but the players seemed more together and the fans seemed closer to the club family. I think l was the first fan on here to put Kingy's name forwards, and l still rate him.... other than the incessant tinkering with players.

I feel bad appearing unappreciative of us being in the playoffs, but something just doesn't feel right to me 😐

I'll be at Eastbourne on Saturday.... hopefully to realise what I've been missing!
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

I dislike Steve Kings revolving door policy and dont get the same buzz as I did with Tony Burmans teams , I actually believe TB was a better " Manager " but Kingy has the seemingly endless contact book but his tactics are difficult to understand !!!!!!!!
DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

Good thread, definitely.

There are a worrying number of knives out for Steve King at present. As said earlier, he turned the first season around in six months, “finished” strongly in the second (incomplete) season and kept us in the top four for all of this season. Of course - the same as everyone else - I dislike the huge number of players used and struggle with the bizarre aversion to fielding two wingers, but statistically King has achieved what would have been his target for all three seasons. He isn’t everyone’s cup of tea, but I respect his tenacity and influence, almost certainly at the very pinnacle of this level of football.

Yesterday’s goalfest and the incubatory Eastbourne beano was absolutely first class. Comes in third place behind Truro and Bognor 2010.
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Kingy is okay by me but I do agree that Burman is/was a better manager. Totally different type of manager of course and we are lucky to have well respected men in both cases.
Dart Mark

Post by Dart Mark »

Considering our final league position we probably achieved our preseason target but after the flying start it feels like we underachieved. Can't see why we didn't stick with the team that started so well. Noor needed replacing but obviously difficult to find a player of his quality. A couple of additions maximum would have kept the obviously fading team spirit that disappeared with each new signing up to the 50th? The connection between the players and fans nonexistent by the end of the season.

I do think King is the manager to take the club forward but he must learn himself that sometimes the answer isn't more and more players but sometimes you need to adjust your tactics.

I won't be renewing my season ticket next year as this season became a struggle in the end. I'll pick and choose games. Hopefully I regret this decision

Hope you all have a nice summer
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Did Steve actually promise promotion? I think not. Play-offs, yes, Promotion, no.