Marcus Dinanga (Sub)
5%
Kalvin Kalala (Sub)
3%

Total votes: 39

BAWArmy

Re: Dartford v Braintree Town Mon 2 May 2022

Post by BAWArmy »

Shocked that people are actually talking about a change in manager already? Do people not remember what we were like under Coyle and Flanagan.

I hope Kingy doesn't read the forums, must be super demoralising knowing you're competing at the right end of the table yet people still want a change...

King is the right man for the job imo, he just got yesterday horribly wrong.
Babylon

Post by Babylon »

Oh dear the natives are not happy and I don't blame them.
All those changes against a team who were up for it big time.
Our powder puff attack and indifferent display resulted in a thoroughly deserved defeat.
We MUST put our best 11 on the pitch for however many games we have left.
Like others on here I didn't stay for the presentations not because we lost but it was the way that we lost .
SK totally underestimated our oppo and we now have a mountain to climb.
The phrase that I kept hearing was ....
Too much bl** dy TINKERING!!!
Spike

Post by Spike »

Eagle88 wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 6:30 pm I said a couple of months ago we would be lucky to make the Playoffs I haven't changed my mind. We might just scrape in, but too many changes too often.
What about World War 2 Eagle, who do you fancy, us or the Germans?
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Oh dear, I seem to have rubbed M1 up the wrong way AGAIN. I get that Bonner is/was a good player but he's now half a yard off the pace and I did question him being at PP at the start of the season. He does take the Captaincy too far in my opinion, continually facing up to the referee when there's no need to and to the extent that it disrupts OUR flow of play.
Yes, he's still a good player but I don't think a lot of the players who started yesterdays game will be there next season and I'm sorry to say Bonner included.
The real MOTM would have been their No4 who won almost everything in the air and chased the ball down to put in the perfect cross for the goal.
I'm sorry if I upset you sometimes M1 but really 'do I give a f**k?' We can play chess if you like, on my river boat.
We should have beaten Braintree yesterday on the back of a 6-0 drubbing of Slough, you'd have thought we'd have been up for it, but did anyone seem interested in playing yesterday?
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Good God Ozy , IF you are questioning Tom Bonner then I just wonder what you think of the others as other than him , Wilks and Marcus have been poor for weeks , the realisation has probably crept in that IF we scrape through the Play Offs then probably only 3 of them are good enough for the National Premier
IF we are comparing Managers then do it against the best [ who have actually won something ] NOT Coyle/Flanagan !!!!!
Spike

Post by Spike »

ozymandias wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 9:11 am Oh dear, I seem to have rubbed M1 up the wrong way AGAIN. I get that Bonner is/was a good player but he's now half a yard off the pace and I did question him being at PP at the start of the season. He does take the Captaincy too far in my opinion, continually facing up to the referee when there's no need to and to the extent that it disrupts OUR flow of play.
Everyone is entitled to be wrong once in a while Ozy, but don't push it.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

ozymandias wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 9:11 am Oh dear, I seem to have rubbed M1 up the wrong way AGAIN. I get that Bonner is/was a good player but he's now half a yard off the pace and I did question him being at PP at the start of the season. He does take the Captaincy too far in my opinion, continually facing up to the referee when there's no need to and to the extent that it disrupts OUR flow of play.
Yes, he's still a good player but I don't think a lot of the players who started yesterdays game will be there next season and I'm sorry to say Bonner included.
I'm sorry if I upset you sometimes M1 but really 'do I give a f**k?'
Here you go Ozy........

https://www.specsavers.co.uk/?gclsrc=aw ... 10EALw_wcB
Spike

Post by Spike »

The Duke wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 9:21 am Wilks and Marcus have been poor for weeks ,
I am gobsmacked Duke. Wilks is player of the season by a country mile and Marcus has scored 11 in 13. And Wilks hasn't even played for a few weeks.
PJSADI

Post by PJSADI »

The issue yesterday for me, wasn’t neccesarily the quality of the players, but more to do with how they were used in the formation…though I’m still not sure whether it was 433, 442 or 4213!
Assuming it was three in the middle, all three, Jebb, Allen & Porter will want to get forward, so who’s sitting and winning the balls, as it’s not a trait of any of them. Looked like Porter was playing just behind the front two, which meant no one out on the left.
Every time Robinson & Azeez have played as part of a front three it’s not worked, because neither of them can play the wide role, so yesterday both seemed to be playing centrally, so again nothing on the left. Leonard seemed to be flirting between a front 3 and occasionally dropping into a more orthodox midfield, though without much success.
If Dinanga is carrying a knock we needed either Robinson or Azeez, not both, and have support from Leonard/Kalala/Roberts either side of them!
So for me, it wasn’t so much lack of quality, but a poor formation, with the players in the wrong positions not playing to their strengths, and that comes down to one man.
SKennedyDFC

Post by SKennedyDFC »

I've slept on it and I still find myself so annoyed with that pathetic performance yesterday. So many players looked like they couldn't wait for the season to be over. If they play like that in the play-offs we'll be out within one game (which is likely to be a quarter final match now).

If only we had a manager who knew what his best team was and how to stick with a settled team...
Jonty

Post by Jonty »

BAWArmy wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 8:39 am Shocked that people are actually talking about a change in manager already? Do people not remember what we were like under Coyle and Flanagan.

I hope Kingy doesn't read the forums, must be super demoralising knowing you're competing at the right end of the table yet people still want a change...

King is the right man for the job imo, he just got yesterday horribly wrong.
Do people remember what you were like when you were "UpTheDarts".

UpTheDarts
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

Bishop to kings pawn 6 Ozy. Check…mate!!
Last edited by M1 South on Tue May 03, 2022 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Spike , just read it again and you are right to be gobsmacked , what I meant that OTHER than Wilks , Bonner and Marcus the REST have been poor, I along with the majority totall yagree with Wilks and Bonner being 1 & 2 in the Poll !!!!
Pedro

Post by Pedro »

I couldn't bring myself to comment at all yesterday and like Spike for the first time ever I couldn't stay for the presentation. On reflection that was a bit immature of me but such was the level of disappointment yesterday especially with Ebbsfleet winning.
Still we do perhaps get an extra game and assume we will meet Ebbsfleet in the semi before perhaps Dorking in the final (both away)?
And no, we don't need a managerial change just sign/retain quality players for next season wherever we end up.

COYD
JCJ

Post by JCJ »

Just seen Kingy's interview and got to agree with him I thought some of the players let him and the supporters down

Porter was more interested in moaning at the ref and rolling around on the ground , dont think Luke Allen , Danny L ,Ade or Jake did much during the game and it should have been their chance to stake a claim for a starting place in the play-offs.

We missed Murtagh in midfield and it seems he will miss the paly offs as well Not sure why Wilks and Wynter are not playing maybe injuries
BAWArmy

Post by BAWArmy »

JCJ wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 1:03 pm Just seen Kingy's interview and got to agree with him I thought some of the players let him and the supporters down

Porter was more interested in moaning at the ref and rolling around on the ground , dont think Luke Allen , Danny L ,Ade or Jake did much during the game and it should have been their chance to stake a claim for a starting place in the play-offs.

We missed Murtagh in midfield and it seems he will miss the paly offs as well Not sure why Wilks and Wynter are not playing maybe injuries

Agree, although a lot of changes were made it sounds like some of them (maybe more than we thought) were forced.

From what he said sounds like Wynter also injured, no idea about Wilks
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

Can’t believe Ozy is having a pop at Tom. I shudder to think what the score would have been without his valiant effort. Not just yesterday has he come to our rescue. I guess we all have a player we ‘love to hate’ and Tom may be Ozy’s. But I don’t get it. It’s way off the mark in my humble opinion. We need more players like Tom who wear the badge with pride and know how to get in the referee’s face. He a true leader and I liken him to Tony Adams.

Wilksy is recovering from a slight niggle I understand.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

The Futures White

Post by The Futures White »

Like the majority of others I was surprised at the number of personnel changes made yesterday (or maybe I shouldn't have been). Admittedly Murtagh's absence was enforced but 6 changes in my opinion was a bit much. Leaving three of Saturday's goal scorers on the bench was somewhat baffling but even so the team selected should have been good enough to beat Braintree. However, with so many below par performances on the pitch we got what we deserved and SK has to take some of the blame for that as well as the players. Perhaps SK will think twice about making so many changes in the future but somehow I doubt it. In my opinion I think that we should have concentrated on getting 3 points yesterday rather than having one eye on the Eastbourne match and the play offs. If we had won yesterday and Ebbsfleet had lost we would have secured 3rd place. As things stand and results don't go our way next weekend we could end up in 5th place. Hopefully we can get a win at Eastbourne and pray the Chelmsford do us a favour at Ebbsfleet.
Last edited by The Futures White on Tue May 03, 2022 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

The Futures White wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 2:25 pm Like the majority of others I was surprised at the number of personnel changes made yesterday (or maybe I shouldn't have been). Admittedly Murtagh's absence was enforced but 6 changes in my opinion was a bit much. Leaving three of Saturday's goal scorers on the bench was somewhat baffling but even so the team selected should have been good enough to beat Braintree. However, with so many below par performances on the pitch we got what we deserved and SK has to take some of the blame for that as well as the players. Perhaps SK will think twice about making so many changes in the future but somehow I doubt it. In my opinion I think that we should have concentrated on getting 3 points yesterday rather than having one eye on the Eastbourne match and the play offs. If we had won yesterday and Ebbsfleet had lost we would have secured 3rd place. As things stand and results don't go our way next weekend we could end up in 5th place and having to play away in the play offs. Hopefully we can get a win at Eastbourne and pray the Chelmsford do us a favour at Ebbsfleet.
5th still gives you a home playoff against 6th place.