No votes
Danny Leonard (Sub)
No votes

Total votes: 22

BRASSNECK

Re: Slough Town v Dartford Sat 30 Apr 2022

Post by BRASSNECK »

Dorking losing makes maidscum champs.
Last edited by BRASSNECK on Sat Apr 30, 2022 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

FT 6-0
BAWArmy

Post by BAWArmy »

Brilliant result, should give us massive confidence going into the last two games and can hopefully hold onto 3rd. Huge for the GD too.

Would've liked Dan Roberts to get some minutes, that's my only criticism today you will all be pleased to hear ;)
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

BAWArmy wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 5:01 pm Brilliant result, should give us massive confidence going into the last two games and can hopefully hold onto 3rd. Huge for the GD too.

Would've liked Dan Roberts to get some minutes, that's my only criticism today you will all be pleased to hear ;)
UpTheDarts
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Well, you had to get one in B&W. :D
Good result for us today, well done Chippenham. :D
Well done the Lads.
The 5th Searcher

Post by The 5th Searcher »

Superb result for us today, a real confidence booster and back up to 3rd place.

Brilliant stuff, we’ll done to Kingy and the team. The results went our way today as well which is even better.

Looking forward to Mondays game.

COYD’s
KentC.

Post by KentC. »

Unfortunately I had to work. Brilliant result can’t wait to hear about our performance from the usual regulars on here.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Journey to Slough was a bit of a pain but once we'd arrived the day just got better and better.
Lovely sunny day, an ice cream van in the ground and a goal in the first few minutes set the tone for a very comfortable victory.
Slough had some chances but good defending and a couple of very good saves form Cookie meant we kept another clean sheet and we scored a hatful of good goals and could easily have had a few more. We played some great football going forward and that's nine goals in two games so hopefully we can continue this form into the last two league games and playoffs.

MOTM Kalala. A real threat every time he went forward and the end product was there today in abundance, possibly his best game for us.
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

Silverado

Post by Silverado »

Did the fact that STFC were apparently fielding a number of U23 players (how many?) make it that much easier for us, or were we really that good?
KingKong

Post by KingKong »

BRASSNECK wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 5:15 pm
BAWArmy wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 5:01 pm Brilliant result, should give us massive confidence going into the last two games and can hopefully hold onto 3rd. Huge for the GD too.

UpTheDarts
It really was an accomplished performance with some beautiful attacking play with determined defence against a good Slough forward line. keeping a clean sheet was almost as impressive as our goal tally.
I too would have liked Dan come on but you cant have everything!
Special day.MOM Kalvin-an absolute handful and a great goal.
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

Hopefully hitting a bit of form & finding the net at the right time? As opposed to Dorks & Webbedfeet!!
3rd so much better than 4th!!
BrianL

Post by BrianL »

Best afternoon out for several weeks with a complete all-round performance from the whole team.
Kalvin on top form with the finished product this time; his run through to the box and cross giving Marcus a comfortable chance to score in the second minute gave the perfect start and confidence. Slough had a shot come down off the bar, but after Keiran glanced in a corner at the near post the result was never in doubt. I think it was Kalvin intercepting a poor clearance to set up Marcus again for the third.
Defence was commanding again, while Reece in goal was safe and assured when needed. Midfield well in control with Jack particularly pulling the strings as did Keiran until injured. Passing was more like our early season charge.
Good to see that we continued to press in the second half and make plenty of openings. Not aware they had some U23s, but it did seem like men against boys at times. Kalvin broke through for a deserved solo goal before a bullet header from Greenidge from a perfect cross, then Jake's late effort was finished off by Durojaiye. An enjoyable afternoon especially hearing the Fleet's result. 3rd place is in our hands now. On to Monday.
Spike

Post by Spike »

Wow, can't argue with that. A strange game because Slough caused more than a few problems and had 3 or 4 very good chances but we defended brilliantly and up front we were on fire. There was plenty of goalmouth action and it could easily have finished 10-4. Great team performance with lots of contenders for MOTM. Murtagh was ruling the midfield until he got injured, but it was Kalala who got my vote. I'll be honest, I didn't really see that coming as I've not really been on board with Kingy's preference to pick him over Danny Leonard as I don't think his final ball has come anywhere close to matching his approach play. Today however it all came together and Kalala is currently deservedly ahead in the MOTM poll and if he can replicate that sort of performance he'd soon become a fans favourite. That said, Danny Leonard when he came on, still found the time to put in the best cross of the day, so plaudits all round. An excellent day for the Darts, the 3 points +6 on the goal difference and back up to 3rd place. All boxes ticked.
Robinhood

Post by Robinhood »

Rather than commenting on the game their forum is bleating about how many supporters we brought:

"According to the Dartford forum the declared attendance was 961 Were there many there from Dartford? Shame to have such a large crowd to witness such a heavy defeat."

"The result didn't matter but in front of our second biggest league crowd of the season the scoreline did.. I would guess at about 50 to 60ish behind the goal and a few sprinkled around the ground. Not sure that's a good away following for a club fighting it out for a top 3 position with an average home attendance of over a 1,000"

"At this stage I was expecting to be told 100/150 very poor for them and makes our turnout more impressive".
Undercover Elephant

Post by Undercover Elephant »

Spike agreed on the Danny Leonard cross it was pinpoint accuracy of a cross one of the best I’ve seen for a long time!

I like Sloughs setup as a club they are very well organised off the pitch and very friendly.

I didn’t see that result coming at all!

Little rest for the lads then back to it Monday I think it could be a couple of changes, possibly Robbo, Leonard and Dan Roberts starting.

Up The Darts!
Harry

Post by Harry »

Excellent result, back up to third with two tricky matches left to play.

Will be very interesting end to the season as home advantage and avoiding the extra play off game could be crucial.

On our day are capable of beating any team in this league so once we are in those play offs we have a reasonable chance.

Congratulations to Maidstone on winning the league.
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

I didn't go but Praise at last for Kalvin who I think has taken a bit of stick around the stadiums. I have been banging his drum for a few weeks, he always looks threatening for us and yes, his final ball is a little frustrating. But I'm glad he had a good game yesterday. Long may it continue into the play-off's. Up the Darts.
Will be up for the Braintree game tomorrow, this also, won't be an easy game but now we have our heads in front of Ebbsfleet we have to maintain it down to the wire. :D Ebbsfleet will not want Havant in the play-off's as they are hitting a rich vein of form and nor will we. :)
HantsDart

Post by HantsDart »

What a stunning result, but for me it was the overall performance that gave the most pleasure. A couple of Slough supporters stopped me at the end to say that was the best they'd seen for a long time. We may not like plastic pitches but that's how to play on them. Quick, accurate passing, always on the move. Why didn't we play like that at Oxford?

The fifth goal was a delight. An example of how to turn a defender inside out and deliver a perfect cross - and what a finish. Magic.

A word about the referee who handled the game sensibly and well. Not that this was ever a dirty game.

A perfect afternoon.

COYD
KentC.

Post by KentC. »

Robinhood wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 8:32 am Rather than commenting on the game their forum is bleating about how many supporters we brought:

"According to the Dartford forum the declared attendance was 961 Were there many there from Dartford? Shame to have such a large crowd to witness such a heavy defeat."

"The result didn't matter but in front of our second biggest league crowd of the season the scoreline did.. I would guess at about 50 to 60ish behind the goal and a few sprinkled around the ground. Not sure that's a good away following for a club fighting it out for a top 3 position with an average home attendance of over a 1,000"

"At this stage I was expecting to be told 100/150 very poor for them and makes our turnout more impressive".

Not sure I remember their away support blowing me away at PP. that’s being kind.