Kalvin Kalala (Sub)
6%
Ade Azeez (Sub)
No votes

Total votes: 17

DA Mikey

Re: Oxford City v Dartford Sat 2 Apr 2022

Post by DA Mikey »

Oxford City is an odd outing. Can’t blame them for the weather, but after sitting out in the sun / rain / snow with a beer, having a bit of banter to the dulcet tones of Reef / Ed Sheeran, etc. the referee blows his whistle to begin the first of two 45 minute periods of complete silence.
The game certainly wasn’t a spectacle - much like last weekend - but as others have said, a point away against decent opposition is a good point. It is certainly not the case that results like this have cost us the title, as that damage was done in our November / December winless streak. Hopefully we can remain unbeaten at home though which would represent a remarkable achievement.

And why do coaches always get damaged in this fixture?
The 5th Searcher

Post by The 5th Searcher »

Park Life wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 11:50 pm
The 5th Searcher wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 11:10 pm Who played at right back and who partnered Bonner at centre half please?
Olumide Durojaiye played at RB (i think he usually plays midfield but due to injuries filled in there today).
Kory Roberts moved back to Centre Half alongside Captain Tom.
Cheers Park Life.
I guessed Kory probably would get moved back alongside Tom but wasn’t sure as he’s been playing so well lately at right back.
SKennedyDFC

Post by SKennedyDFC »

What was the attendance yesterday?
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

SKennedyDFC wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 12:28 pm What was the attendance yesterday?
As per the match report I posted yesterday, it was 604.

https://thedarts.eu/2021-2022/118%20vs% ... %201-1.pdf
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Pleased with the point. City always a good side the last few years. Not surprised at Maidstone and Dorking winning but was surprised at Fleet going down to Hungerford who probably didn't roll around so much when they realised how poor Fleet can be. :D
Shame about Conor and Dan being injured, probably upset the flow yesterday, but a point is a point.
Hope to be at Margate Tuesday. My car's out injured.
UP THE DARTS.
No, really UP THE DARTS :D
SKennedyDFC

Post by SKennedyDFC »

rick wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 12:36 pm
SKennedyDFC wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 12:28 pm What was the attendance yesterday?
As per the match report I posted yesterday, it was 604.

https://thedarts.eu/2021-2022/118%20vs% ... %201-1.pdf
Thanks. Hadn't seen the match report
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Steve's post match interview:-

Spike

Post by Spike »

A decent point against very capable opponents, albeit not a particularly exciting game to watch. Bizarre weather, kept changing from one extreme to another and I think we experienced all 4 seasons and possibly a couple of new ones during the course of the afternoon. Despite taking an early lead from Dinanga's well taken penalty, a consequence of a ridiculously clumsy and unnecessary challenge, I didn't think we had the balance of the team quite right in the first half. In fact if I'm honest, I'm not really keen on playing with just one wide man as I don't think it has ever been particularly effective for us. We looked so much better when we brought the subs on in the second half and posed a threat from BOTH sides. Kalala in particular did seem to cause them a bit of trouble, but his final ball isn't always up to the same level as the rest of his play. If he could improve this part of his game he'd be some player.

All things considered neither side did enough to win and it was a fair result. Our new keeper did a very good job but my MOTM was Kory Roberts. After a disastrous first game where he made three calamitous errors, he has got better and better every week. He's done a great job filling in at right back and was top notch yesterday, back in the centre with Tom Bonner. Clearly this fella is a very good player and his partnership with Bonzo is going to be crucial in the run in.

I think any lingering hopes of the title disappeared yesterday, but with 7 games to go and a 14 point cushion plus a game in hand on the team in 8th place, the play-offs are virtually certain. In fact with the teams below us all having to play each other, it's very complicated to work out but we are probably only 3 or 4 points short of it being a mathematical certainty. So that being the case, it's now all about finishing in the top 3 and avoiding the extra play-off game and going straight into a home semi-final. It's shaping up to be an exciting end to the season.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Match highlights:-

The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Highlights suggest we were well worth a point and IF we could only get the final ball right we would have won , Kalala played very well but his final ball [decisions] was bloody awful, probably why he hasnt consistantly played at a higher level , perhaps Kingy should have a quiet word in his ear ???
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

You may be right about Kalala Duke,but he's direct and tricky and probably a bigger threat up front than Danny Leonard at the moment.
Kebabus

Post by Kebabus »

So many fans and the manager happy with a point,I’m mildly satisfied only. Ref missed an off the ball kick from their 10 on Murtagh moments before their equaliser. Kalala was lively but it’s such a shame that his trickery and pace don’t result in a goal scoring situation.
Not much atmosphere and the usual decent away support was no where to be seen.

It’s a point that keeps us well behind the top 2, I left underwhelmed like I did at Chippenham.

Hoping that our injuries clear up, to maintain at least 3rd. Oh to finish 2nd and have 2 home games, we are tough to beat at our park.
BAWArmy

Post by BAWArmy »

Kebabus wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 9:08 pm So many fans and the manager happy with a point,I’m mildly satisfied only. Ref missed an off the ball kick from their 10 on Murtagh moments before their equaliser. Kalala was lively but it’s such a shame that his trickery and pace don’t result in a goal scoring situation.

It’s a point that keeps us well behind the top 2, I left underwhelmed like I did at Chippenham.

Hoping that our injuries clear up, to maintain at least 3rd. Oh to finish 2nd and have 2 home games, we are tough to beat at our park.

Glad someone agrees with me, but im a troll.
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

BAWArmy wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 9:38 pm
Kebabus wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 9:08 pm So many fans and the manager happy with a point,I’m mildly satisfied only. Ref missed an off the ball kick from their 10 on Murtagh moments before their equaliser. Kalala was lively but it’s such a shame that his trickery and pace don’t result in a goal scoring situation.

UPTHEDARTS
Spike

Post by Spike »

They say that the road to recovery starts with acknowledging the problem.
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

Spike wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 5:04 pm

They say that the road to recovery starts with acknowledging the problem.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: