Park Life

Re: Hampton & Richmond v Dartford Sat 26 Mar 2022

Post by Park Life »

FT 1 nil.
BAWArmy

Post by BAWArmy »

Big win for us.

Strange comments from one of the idiots on the Hampton commentary, constantly digging out a Darts fan infront of him when he was commenting on the play, then said he celebrated like it was a cup final. Clearly they don't know what it's like to be in the position we are.

Maidstone have scored in the 97th though.
BrianL

Post by BrianL »

Well done team. Typical as I had to turn back after being stuck on A1M near Stevenage for over an hour due to bad accident, then diverted off with not enough time left to make it worthwhile - and had bought ticket in advance! Pity there was no commentary, but able to follow Twitter updates, so thanks for that.
MickW

Post by MickW »

Looks like Maidstone have grabbed a last minute use winner sending them clear at the top
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

Hard game to watch certainly not a classic but the win was all that mattered.
Man of the match Marcus put in a good shift and scored the winner.

Up the Darts.
KingKong

Post by KingKong »

Such a solid display we defended well from 1 to 11...dont think they forced one save from dan. Lovely goal from Marcus...mom for me Jake Robinson always looking to put people in.
Ps always liked their no8 Sam deadfield..managed a quick word at the end when he was talking to a spectator. Just said come to dartford sam to which he grinned and said yes!
KSTDART

Post by KSTDART »

He is Dinanga’s goal

PeteSamson

Post by PeteSamson »

Pity about the lack of commentary, and I didn't manage to find any link to the H&R commentary either, but delighted to get the points even with a single goal - it's the result that counts at the end of the day at this stage of the season and we seemed to come close to scoring on several occasions according to the Twitter updates.

Most results went our way, and just a pity Maidstone scored a winner in the 97th min of their match, so the Maidstone game certainly now takes on the status of a six pointer when we meet. Some strange scores today, more referring to the Wrexham (my son and grandaughters team) being 1-4 down at home to Douvres, before recovering to win 6-5!!!, but nice to see Ebbsfleet and Dorking sharing the spoils.

To be honest, there have been times when we haven't put the opposition to the sword and taken all 3 points and helped to improve our goal difference too, with the exception of Welling, who have been poor anyway.

Sadly, Maidstone seem to have the luck on their side in recent games, including today's 97th min winner, so the advantage is with them at present, which means our Easter Monday game is definitely one we have to now win, as well as the remaining upcoming games.

With no commentary, I have absolutely no idea how the game went, until the regulars report back and I read the match report in tomorrow's NLP. But nevertheless, well done to the Darts on winning three very important points today. Now keep it up. Congratulations, and well done to the travelling fans too. A happy return journey home. Look forward to the comments and match interview.

COYD
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Poor game for both sides today but we got the goal and the 3pts , very little quality play , 1st half awful, 2nd half better , need to play better against quality teams though !!
MOTM very difficult but by a whisker [ goal] Marcus over Kory
Top Cat

Post by Top Cat »

Good three points for the Darts , I feel the 1-0 scoreline flattered H&R ,it could of been more if we weren’t so wasteful in front of goal ? That said I thought we were comfortable throughout the game with them hardly testing Dan in goal .Carruthers looks a decent player, and I think Steve King may find it difficult to dislodge Roberts from right back after another convincing performance ? Overall it was a good all round team effort .MOTM for me was Kieran Murtagh, quality player who seemed to be everywhere today breaking down play and generally running the show in midfield.
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

All that mattered today was the 3 points. As othered have said we were solid. Good debut from Carruthers. Game lacked quality. Speaking to one or two of the lads after the game the pitch was bobbly.

Bigger than usual crowd for Hampton yesterday and don’t feel they were well enough prepared. Can’t remember the last time I’ve been to a game and haven’t got food until midway through the second half due to constant queues!!! Nice enough people though.

Tough for MoM but my vote goes to Carruthers.
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

A nice ugly win. Well done the lads :)
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Has anyone noticed Eastbourne coming up like a train? And with the resurgence of Riccay and the unknown effect of Feeny at Welling it's now looking as though 3 other teams have joined the mix at the bottom 8-)
KingKong

Post by KingKong »

Yes I have which brings back uncomfortable memories of Braintree! At the bottom its very interesting..could Chelmsford go ?
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

We’ve got some very tough games in our run in!!
Undercover Elephant

Post by Undercover Elephant »

Haven’t got much to add that hasn’t been said, we didn’t look great or was that down to the defending by Hampton!

We are missing clear cut chances in front of the goal which may cost us come the end of the season.

We talked about it in the car on the way back and we have the hardest run in of all the teams at the top, so we need to keep this run going and cannot afford to slip up and need to finish top three!

For me I would be happy to see Maidstone win this (cannot believe i said that but would not be going to the Gallagher stadium unless they made changes to the way the away fans are treated).

Onto Oxford next week which will be very tough, but as I said we have a very hard run in!
BAWArmy

Post by BAWArmy »

KingKong wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 10:30 am Yes I have which brings back uncomfortable memories of Braintree! At the bottom its very interesting..could Chelmsford go ?
Eastbourne and Havant coming into form at the right time towards the top

Chelmsford, Bath, Tonbridge all in poor form and in big trouble at the bottom along with Welling as they've been all season and Billericay have hit a good run but still in the mix

If I was a betting man my money would be on Chelmsford going down.
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

Re Oxford; Worst astroturf/3G/4g or whatever you call it artificial pitch in any league. Water doesn’t drain, lumps n bumps on it, will do well to come away with 3 x points on that heap of crap but here’s hoping??
Thought we done enough yesterday but could & should have scored another at least?
Shame Maidscum hit that very late winner, but we carry on regardless!!
Last edited by M1 South on Mon Mar 28, 2022 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.