Ade Azeez (Sub)
No votes
Kalvin Kalala (Sub)
No votes

Total votes: 20

The Duke

Re: Hampton & Richmond v Dartford Sat 26 Mar 2022

Post by The Duke »

Poor game for both sides today but we got the goal and the 3pts , very little quality play , 1st half awful, 2nd half better , need to play better against quality teams though !!
MOTM very difficult but by a whisker [ goal] Marcus over Kory
Top Cat

Post by Top Cat »

Good three points for the Darts , I feel the 1-0 scoreline flattered H&R ,it could of been more if we weren’t so wasteful in front of goal ? That said I thought we were comfortable throughout the game with them hardly testing Dan in goal .Carruthers looks a decent player, and I think Steve King may find it difficult to dislodge Roberts from right back after another convincing performance ? Overall it was a good all round team effort .MOTM for me was Kieran Murtagh, quality player who seemed to be everywhere today breaking down play and generally running the show in midfield.
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

All that mattered today was the 3 points. As othered have said we were solid. Good debut from Carruthers. Game lacked quality. Speaking to one or two of the lads after the game the pitch was bobbly.

Bigger than usual crowd for Hampton yesterday and don’t feel they were well enough prepared. Can’t remember the last time I’ve been to a game and haven’t got food until midway through the second half due to constant queues!!! Nice enough people though.

Tough for MoM but my vote goes to Carruthers.
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

A nice ugly win. Well done the lads :)
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Has anyone noticed Eastbourne coming up like a train? And with the resurgence of Riccay and the unknown effect of Feeny at Welling it's now looking as though 3 other teams have joined the mix at the bottom 8-)
KingKong

Post by KingKong »

Yes I have which brings back uncomfortable memories of Braintree! At the bottom its very interesting..could Chelmsford go ?
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

We’ve got some very tough games in our run in!!
Undercover Elephant

Post by Undercover Elephant »

Haven’t got much to add that hasn’t been said, we didn’t look great or was that down to the defending by Hampton!

We are missing clear cut chances in front of the goal which may cost us come the end of the season.

We talked about it in the car on the way back and we have the hardest run in of all the teams at the top, so we need to keep this run going and cannot afford to slip up and need to finish top three!

For me I would be happy to see Maidstone win this (cannot believe i said that but would not be going to the Gallagher stadium unless they made changes to the way the away fans are treated).

Onto Oxford next week which will be very tough, but as I said we have a very hard run in!
BAWArmy

Post by BAWArmy »

KingKong wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 10:30 am Yes I have which brings back uncomfortable memories of Braintree! At the bottom its very interesting..could Chelmsford go ?
Eastbourne and Havant coming into form at the right time towards the top

Chelmsford, Bath, Tonbridge all in poor form and in big trouble at the bottom along with Welling as they've been all season and Billericay have hit a good run but still in the mix

If I was a betting man my money would be on Chelmsford going down.
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

Re Oxford; Worst astroturf/3G/4g or whatever you call it artificial pitch in any league. Water doesn’t drain, lumps n bumps on it, will do well to come away with 3 x points on that heap of crap but here’s hoping??
Thought we done enough yesterday but could & should have scored another at least?
Shame Maidscum hit that very late winner, but we carry on regardless!!
Last edited by M1 South on Mon Mar 28, 2022 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Futures White

Post by The Futures White »

Chelmsford have ground to a halt and have lost their last 7 matches and Bath have lost 9 of their last 14 matches. Only 3 points separate the bottom 5 teams, with only one being relegated. Tonbridge, who have a game or two in hand on the four teams below them, play Welling at home next week and would probably be safe if they win the match and their game in hand. Welling have the worst run in (on paper) of the teams at the bottom and included in their last eight matches they have to play Ebbsfleet, Eastbourne, Dorking, Havant & W, Hungerford and Maidstone.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Steve's post match interview:-

Kebabus

Post by Kebabus »

The Futures White wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 1:06 pm Chelmsford have ground to a halt and have lost their last 7 matches and Bath have lost 9 of their last 14 matches. Only 3 points separate the bottom 5 teams, with only one being relegated. Tonbridge, who have a game or two in hand on the four teams below them, play Welling at home next week and would probably be safe if they win the match and their game in hand. Welling have the worst run in (on paper) of the teams at the bottom and included in their last eight matches they have to play Ebbsfleet, Eastbourne, Dorking, Havant & W, Hungerford and Maidstone.
All almost interesting and naff all to do with Dartford vs Hampton.

I am very happy as we won, but inconsistency has cost us big time eh.

If we can keep winning (tall order) and manage to beat Maidstone on bank holiday Monday then we will be right in the mix for 2nd spot. Not at all writing off winning the league, but that is at present a big ask.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

We started the game well and had chances to take the lead but had to wait until the second half for Marcus to get the decisive goal.
We looked solid defensively, had the better chances and deserved the win although it wasn't a great watch at times, but at this stage of the season the result is all that matters and it keeps us right in the mix. So a big well done to the lads as it's a difficult place to get a win

Carruthers started the game very well but their No.20 put in a terrible challenge on him after about 25 mins and it took him a while to recover from it.
I don't think they could have had any complaints if a red card was shown, it was that bad.

Very good attendance yesterday as Hampton have been averaging around 650, helped by their BOGOF deal and also a large contingent of Darts fans.

Few contenders for MOTM, Samir had a good debut, Kory doing ever so well at RB, Tom solid as usual and Marcus with the important goal.
In the end gave it to Tom, another Captains performance.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Match Highlights:-

ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Ade looked very lively when he got on.