Ticket information - Dartford v Maidstone Mon 18 Apr 2022

Clare

Ticket information - Dartford v Maidstone Mon 18 Apr 2022

Post by Clare »

Silverado

Re: Ticket information - Dartford v Maidstone Mon 18 Apr 2022

Post by Silverado »

So if Maidstone supporters will be in the car park end, the cars of all DFC supporters using the car park will be vulnerable to vandalism...? Think I'll park down Powder Mill Lane.
Also. if ticket-only but none available online, does that mean the only option is in person at the Champions Bar? If so, that's bound to reduce our attendance, no?
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

Doesn’t seem very well thought out to me?
Why penalise/inconvenience the Dartford fans?
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

No home game till 9th April and I live 27 miles from PP , cost me £10 in petrol to buy/collect tickets for 2 family members unless I gamble that tickets are still available on the 9th , I was at PP on Saturday[ Havant] shame that yesterdays announcement wasnt last friday [ must have known !!] ,
KingKong

Post by KingKong »

The Duke wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:35 am No home game till 9th April and I live 27 miles from PP , cost me £10 in petrol to buy/collect tickets for 2 family members unless I gamble that tickets are still available on the 9th , I was at PP on Saturday[ Havant] shame that yesterdays announcement wasnt last friday [ must have known !!] ,
im getting confused-does it not say tickets on the day only for Dartford fans? Sorry if im misreading this.
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

No, it doesn't say that King Kong? But I do agree, it could put a downer on home supporters and neutrals wanting to go to the game.
From my experience of parking at PP, the only cars trashed at the car park end will be parents of the kids playing on the day and various ambulances.
I assume ambulances are still parked there as I haven't parked in the ground for over 4 years. Tempus Fugit. ;) . :o
KingKong

Post by KingKong »

ozymandias wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 11:38 am No, it doesn't say that King Kong? But I do agree, it could put a downer on home supporters and neutrals wanting to go to the game.
From my experience of parking at PP, the only cars trashed at the car park end will be parents of the kids playing on the day and various ambulances.
I assume ambulances are still parked there as I haven't parked in the ground for over 4 years. Tempus Fugit. ;) . :o
thanks ozy -was being thick!
BAWArmy

Post by BAWArmy »

Can't help but feel this is only going to push away people, especially casuals and reduce our attendance. Surely there must've been a better way to do it?? Even by allowing online sales or tickets on the day?
Jack Smedley

Post by Jack Smedley »

Hi all

I thought I would try and clarify some of the things that have been mentioned regarding the Maidstone game.

600 tickets were made available online to Maidstone fans in a similar way to how they offered us 500 tickets online only in the away fixture. This of course is the easiest way for them to be able to purchase them without having to travel and we have all their details.
I appreciate this looks backwards that then the Dartford fans have to only purchase in person at the ground but the majority of Dartford fans are in the local area or know someone who can pick one up for them. We also have the home game against Hemel where tickets can be purchased. We in theory have 3500 remaining tickets for our end of the ground and we don't believe the chance of that occurring is very high. Therefore there is 4 weeks to get your ticket. We could not start selling them last week as we had to meet the police first to confirm the procedures in place.
If anyone has a real issue with not being able to get here in the next month then please contact me at the club and I will arrange something for you. There is also two clear types of ticket being produced for each end to avoid confusion in which end a supporter maybe able to enter on the day.

There are no tickets available on the day for a couple of reasons, one to avoid long delays at the turnstiles and unnecessary congestion in the areas around turnstiles. Also on police advice to hopefully stop certain individuals travelling on the day that aren't supporters of either club and may be out to cause trouble. We believe anyone wishing to come to the game which maybe a neutral still has plenty of opportunity to purchase tickets like any other all ticket game we have had before. If the police suggest we can relax this nearer the time then of course we will open this up but for now this is what we have to do.

This game is on Easter Monday therefore there will be no children's games on at the ground, the car park will naturally be busy with players, invited guests etc... but will be managed by the stewards for any spaces left on a first come first served basis. The segregated end has always been the car park end as that's where the segregated barriers are, there is nothing we can do about that. The area outside will be policed. The ambulances are still with us but are moved up the other end of the ground on match days to provide more spaces.

If anyone has any more questions or would like me to assist in anyway please contact me - operations@dartfordfc.com

I realise this is all not ideal but because of what happened at the 2 away games we must follow what's being advised.
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Having been quick to post on difficulty for of town fans getting tickets I can see totally as to why the Club have [in conjunction with the Police /earlier problems at Maidstone ] taken this action

I had a call from Jack earlier which solved my problem so credit where its due !!!!!
JCJ

Post by JCJ »

Jack Smedley wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 12:35 pm Hi all

I thought I would try and clarify some of the things that have been mentioned regarding the Maidstone game.

600 tickets were made available online to Maidstone fans in a similar way to how they offered us 500 tickets online only in the away fixture. This of course is the easiest way for them to be able to purchase them without having to travel and we have all their details.
I appreciate this looks backwards that then the Dartford fans have to only purchase in person at the ground but the majority of Dartford fans are in the local area or know someone who can pick one up for them. We also have the home game against Hemel where tickets can be purchased. We in theory have 3500 remaining tickets for our end of the ground and we don't believe the chance of that occurring is very high. Therefore there is 4 weeks to get your ticket. We could not start selling them last week as we had to meet the police first to confirm the procedures in place.
If anyone has a real issue with not being able to get here in the next month then please contact me at the club and I will arrange something for you. There is also two clear types of ticket being produced for each end to avoid confusion in which end a supporter maybe able to enter on the day.

There are no tickets available on the day for a couple of reasons, one to avoid long delays at the turnstiles and unnecessary congestion in the areas around turnstiles. Also on police advice to hopefully stop certain individuals travelling on the day that aren't supporters of either club and may be out to cause trouble. We believe anyone wishing to come to the game which maybe a neutral still has plenty of opportunity to purchase tickets like any other all ticket game we have had before. If the police suggest we can relax this nearer the time then of course we will open this up but for now this is what we have to do.

This game is on Easter Monday therefore there will be no children's games on at the ground, the car park will naturally be busy with players, invited guests etc... but will be managed by the stewards for any spaces left on a first come first served basis. The segregated end has always been the car park end as that's where the segregated barriers are, there is nothing we can do about that. The area outside will be policed. The ambulances are still with us but are moved up the other end of the ground on match days to provide more spaces.

If anyone has any more questions or would like me to assist in anyway please contact me - operations@dartfordfc.com

I realise this is all not ideal but because of what happened at the 2 away games we must follow what's being advised.
Hello Jack,

As a season ticket holder do I just turn up on the day as normal or do we have to let the club know we are coming to the game, only ask as you mentioned Dartford would have 3500 tickets, but surely you would have to take in the amount of season tickets holders will be going.
Jack Smedley

Post by Jack Smedley »

Season ticket holders come as usual with their season tickets, sorry yes the 3500 does include all the pre-sold season tickets etc.... bringing the total number down to more near 3000 on general sale but still more than enough.
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

Jack; Fair play & thanks for responding, I just have one question though;
Will bar facilities be provided for the visiting Maidscum fans, & if so where?? Thanks!!
Jack Smedley

Post by Jack Smedley »

They obviously wont have any access to the normal bars, nor will anyone be able to drink inside the stadium as usual. Therefore we are just deciding what options we have available to provide to them.
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

Jack Smedley wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 4:07 pm They obviously wont have any access to the normal bars, nor will anyone be able to drink inside the stadium as usual. Therefore we are just deciding what options we have available to provide to them.
The way they treated us it should be the bare minimum definitely no alcohol.
Spike

Post by Spike »

That's all well reasoned and perfectly understandable, thanks Jack. It's a shame that a small group of Maidstone fans are basically dictating the agenda but I guess it's only this one game that we have to resort to this sort of nonsense. It would be nice if we could all just turn up and watch the football.
The Futures White

Post by The Futures White »

If any Maidstone supporters miss out on buying a ticket from their allocation of 600 (which they will certainly sell) what's to stop them from purchasing tickets for the areas reserved for Dartford fans?. Speaking to a Darts fan recently who lives in the Maidstone area he said that knows of a number of Maidstone fans who intend to buy tickets for the Dartford sections because they don't feel comfortable being stuck in a caged area with some of their less well behaved contingent.
Skip

Post by Skip »

Personally I don’t give a stuff about the Maidstone fans not getting into the match because of the limited allocation. If their club actually managed its hooligan element more effectively then we we wouldn’t be in in this position to segregate the match. We have never segregated this fixture previously and never have a problem with our real local rivals up the road in Ebbsfleet. If I see or hear any Maidstone fans in the Dartford section I’ll be reporting it to the appropriate people and expect the stewards and plod to chuck them out. Perhaps if Maidstone fans got their club to deal with its issue then we could all get back to normal and watch a game of football without all this hullabaloo?
Skip (now residing in Suffolk)
Tall Dart

Post by Tall Dart »

600 ticket allocation seems fair to me for the away team on a derby game of this significance. I hope they do sell their allocation and as many Darts fans get a chance to purchase one, and it will make for an excellent atmosphere if we can fill the Park.

On this occasion I fully support the segregation, for the small minority of idiots who want to spoil the afternoon for everyone else. They should be allowed access to the bar behind the goal if still in use and the same grub as the rest of us.

COYDS
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

I believe that bar is defunct & used as a classroom for the Academy now!!
Let them eat cake!! x