Ody Alfa (Sub)
No votes
Jake Robinson (Sub)
No votes

Total votes: 31

BAWArmy

Re: Dartford v Chelmsford Tue 15 Mar 2022

Post by BAWArmy »

Dorking lost. If only we didn't throw it away at the weekend.
MickW

Post by MickW »

Ebbsfleet lost as well. Pity Maidstone didn't slip up but all in all a good nights work for us. COYDS
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

rick wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:27 pm
Park Life wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:04 pm Sub - Dinanga for Kalala.
Is that right, the Twitter feed said:

60' Substitution for Dartford.
Kalala off.
Alfa on.

I think you said the scoreboard doesn't give the subs name just the number?
Sorry mate your probably right, just went by what others said around me at the time.
No they don't show names on the scoreboard which would be very useful.
Tall Dart

Post by Tall Dart »

Good to get another 3 points at home, especially against Chelmsford. Wilko earned his money again and a good shift put in by all. Jebb or Leonard for MOM for me tonight. Will go with Danny who caused all sorts of issues for the number 3, nice to see him back on form.

The wobble has now started for Dorking perhaps, and we have maidstone at home to come. Squeaky bum time, sometimes its easier to look up than down. You never know what could happen but I'm sure we will enjoy the ride. Just try and win game by game....on to Saturday

COYDs
Grassbank

Post by Grassbank »

Great first half tonight. We were on fire and Chelmsford had no legal answer. Not sure what happened at half time, but Chelmsford came out on the front foot and we did not. Dan made a great stop to prevent an equaliser early in the second half and another great save late on. It never looked as though Chelmsford were down to ten men. We huffed and puffed, but achieved very little to shout about in the second half. We seemed to lack confidence and never looked like putting the game out of reach.

Results were kind to us tonight and it is all still to play for. As we all know, anybody can beat anybody else in this league. The fat lady ain't singing yet!

Come on you DARTS!
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Chelmsford started the first half well but after about 10 minutes we took control and played some good football. We were then comfortable and never in any danger and easily worth our two goal lead at HT.
Second half Chelmsford again started well and even though they went down to ten men looked much better than the first half. Must admit i was a bit disappointed with our second half performance but we did see the game out and got another three valuable points and with a few results going our way it was not too bad a night.
MOTM for me easy decision, Jack Jebb. Best player on the pitch by a long way.

Off the pitch we really do have the most inept stewards i have ever seen at a football ground. The young lads behind the goal give good vocal support but need a bit of guidance and unfortunately our stewards are not up to the job. The club really need to do something about it because i can see problems ahead if they don't.
Last edited by Park Life on Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KingKong

Post by KingKong »

Very important win especially with Ebbsfleet, Dorking and St Albans losing.. Im still not sure how we are not putting these teams away however! We seem to be thrashing teams by a single goal....although if Chelmsford had equalised you probably would have said it was deserved as they just refused to roll over! We are enigmatic and a contradiction but i would rather support our guys than any other! We can beat anyone on our day...but unfortunately lose to anyone too..

Much as i love Korey Roberts for me Jebby was easily MOM-his range of passing and reading of the game is first class and we all know about his set piece and shooting ability from open play.

Thought Ade and Danny put in great shifts and Ode was very dangerous when he came on. Look forward to Saturday and three more points!
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

A win is a win but our performances each half were poles apart!
Every game from here on in is tough - doesn’t matter who we play. It’s the same for other teams around us, especially the top two. Advantage Maidstone after tonight’s results dare I say but they’ve still gotta come to us and we’ve yet to visit Oxford. One game at a time as they say.

Close for me tonight for my Mom vote between Wilksy and Jebby and Danny also impressed again. Jebby gets my nod though!
Spike

Post by Spike »

Great first half and a deserved victory no doubt, but not for the first time, you have to wonder if the half-time cuppa has been replaced with a Nytol infused Horlicks as we frequently seem to display somnambulistic tendencies for the 15 minutes or so after the break. That short period of indolence threatened to undo all the good work of the first half, which would have been a travesty given how well we had performed before the break. Nevertheless, we managed to emerge from our slumbers before too much damage had been done and despite being a little nervy towards the end, it has to go down as a decent performance overall. With most other results going our way, a very good night for the Darts and great to bounce back immediately after Saturday's disappointing showing at Chippenham. Jack Jebb once again showed what a class act he is and was MOTM by a couple of country miles in my opinion.
Ajaxman DFC

Post by Ajaxman DFC »

Were there many away fans in attendance this evening?
I don't blame anyone for not travelling down.
Attendances have been dropping across the pyramid recently.
Not surprising considering the cost of fuel with the add ons that come with it.
It's the last thing we need on the back of Covid.
The quicker someone puts a bullet through Putin's head the better.
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Its all been [correctly ] said , good 1st half , poor 2nd half especially against 10 men but the end result is 3pts , Jebb easlly MOTM , decent crowd for a tuesday of 950 , the loyalists enjoyed the game , the neutrals less so !!!!

Play like we did 2nd half against Havant on Saturday and we will get beat !!!!!
The Futures White

Post by The Futures White »

Out of the 950 who attended the match I would estimate that Chelmsford brought around 150 fans. I thought that it was a poor attendance TBH, especially when you consider that Maidstone had a crowd of over 2,000 for their home match tonight. I don't think that our attendances this season have been as high or as constant as had been expected.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

I was expecting about 800-900 and with Chelmsford not on a great run they didnt bring as many as usual so I thought 950 was a pretty decent crowd for midweek.
Prior to last night we are averaging over 1300, 3rd best in the league and with ********* still to play I think our crowds have been very good.
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

I too thought the attendance was disappointing. Especially after Saturday and a Chelmsford home fixture is usually one of our bigger attractions with them always bringing a decent bunch.

And talk about a game of two halves. Well, the last 30 mins. Why is it we simply cannot play against ten Chelmsford men? Twice this season we have failed against them whilst 11v10. They were much better than us after their geezer was sent off.

Another Jebbtacular free kick. We nearly have the expectancy to score similar to that of a penalty when we get a free kick in that position. He’s better than Bend It ever was!

MOTM for me is between Leonard and Jebb with Wilksy again mentioned in dispatches. Leonard nicks it, despite Jebb’s ‘worldy’ and other great efforts. But Leonard frightens the opposition when he had the ball. He must start every game. Let’s not forget our fantastic keeper. Where would we be without him? Another two superb saves this evening. We can forgive him for the odd ‘wobble.’

As Tony H said, it’s VERY much advantage Maidstone now. Dorking’s arses are going sixpence/half a crown at ten to the dozen right now!

Oh, and thanks to Spike for my new word of the day! Somnambulistic. Is that a missile fired off in one’s sleep?
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Read the kentonline report this morning. We stuttered through this one and the only good thing is that all around us lost apart from Maidstone. Still, third in the table now, if only we had got something at Hungerford/Chippenham, we'd have been sitting pretty.
Onward to the Havant game, who unfortunately have improved since we beating them. But hopefully we'll have enough in the tank to beat them Saturday. :)
Undercover Elephant

Post by Undercover Elephant »

How much we miss Luke Allen in the midfield to drive the team forward!
The 5th Searcher

Post by The 5th Searcher »

An excellent first half with some great football played and yet another spectacular free kick from Jebb. Great to have Danny Leonard back in the starting team where he belongs, he tore the Chelmsford fullback a new one all game.

Ade ran his socks off and won some good headers & Kalala had a good half although I wish he would release that ball a bit sooner instead of taking that extra touch and almost losing the ball.

Dan Wilks was fairly solid in goal again tonight making a few vital saves. Why oh why do we always seem to struggle when playing 10 men, we should be punishing these teams but instead we seem to ease up and take our foot off the gas.
Our 2nd half was so far away from the 1st half when really we should’ve been 3 or 4 up. Still we got the 3pts in the end which is all that matters, I would’ve like to have seen our new striker come on at some point last night.
Jebby was MOTM easily.

Going back on what Park Life was saying about the stewards, they seem utterly clueless and powerless as the large group of youngsters behind the goal just totally ignore them and almost try to goad them. There’s more and more that are vaping on the terraces and seem to make it a game as to how many can vape before a steward reacts. The stewards tell them time and again but just get ignored plus with all the pushing & shoving being done by the kids it won’t belong before one of them gets seriously injured. At the end of last nights game a group of the kids all rushed towards the barrier with a couple of them jumping from almost the top step of the terraces on to the backs of the kids.
The Stewards keep telling us they have complained to the club about the kids behind the goal and just keep being told to monitor the situation but don’t over react and only evict them from the ground as a last resort.

To be honest the stewarding at PP has been atrocious for a long while now and I dread the time when Maidscum play us at PP, their hooligans will have a field day.
A lot of fans behind the goal are really getting fed up with these kids now as most don’t even bother watching the game properly they spend more time pushing & shoving each other and generally just being stupid which is a shame because when they do bother to watch the game and actually support the team the can create a good atmosphere.

It’s time for the club to react before it’s to late.
JCJ

Post by JCJ »

As others have said good first half terrible second half, great goal from Jebb and for me was our MOM

We are in the same position that we were in before Saturdays game so nothing lost except two less games to play, but still a lot of tough games to go before the end of the season for all the top 5 teams Dorking have got to go to Ebbsfleet and St Albans which will not be easy Maidstone have got to come to us and they have Braintree away Saturday which will not be easy, Obviously we have hard games as well so all we can do is take one game at a time Starting with victory over H&W on Saturday.
The Futures White

Post by The Futures White »

Totally agree with comments made by Parkie and the 5th about the stewards and the behaviour of the youth club. Our stewards are a waste of time and need to be replaced with people who are proactive and who have a bit of presence about them. The current lot are as much use as a bunch of Mr Barraclough's (older supporters will know what I mean). As I was arriving at the turnstiles last night a group of around 8/10 youngsters were playing up and were being told off by the female steward who is about 4 foot tall. They pretty much ignored her and continued mucking about as they made their way into the ground. She then announced to the rest of the people queuing that these youngsters take the piss every week and despite repeatedly being told to behave they take no notice of the stewards.

As has been said before it's obvious that a fair few of them have no interest in watching the games and only come along to meet up with their mates and play around. If their behaviour is starting to ruin the enjoyment of others perhaps it's time for the stewards to start earning their money and chuck a few of them out if they are causing problems. It might be the kick up the backside that a few of them need. The problem needs to be stopped before someone gets hurt.
DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

Tall Dart wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:18 pm Squeaky bum time, sometimes its easier to look up than down.
You must miss out on a lot of eye contact doing that :lol: