Kory Roberts (Sub)
No votes

Total votes: 40

rick
Site Admin

Dartford v Dorking Sat 5 Mar 2022

Post by rick »

Dartford v Dorking Sat 5 Mar 2022

Ground - The Bericote Powerhouse Princes Park, Grassbanks, Darenth Road, Dartford DA1 1RT

Dartford FC official sites:
Twitter: https://twitter.com/dartfordfc
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DartfordFootballClub/
Radio: https://mixlr.com/dartsfc

Unofficial sites:
https://puredfc.co.uk
https://thedarts.eu

Dorking:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DorkingWanderersFC
Twitter: https://twitter.com/DorkingWDRS
No forum.

Referee: Andrew Humphries
Assistant Referee: Ryan Head
Assistant Referee: Aaron Conn
Tony H

Re: Dartford v Dorking Sat 5 Mar 2022

Post by Tony H »

Hugely looking forward to the game. I have a very strong feeling that we’ll win it!
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

This will sort out our season. I strongly advise, we win to keep up. Hopefully we will get it. Obviously, Dorking are in a rich vein of form.
BAWArmy

Post by BAWArmy »

Win, and there is an outside chance we can still challenge for the title however anything other than a win then Dorking are laughing.
Should be a good crowd and hopefully a good game to match, although I'll take a scrappy 1-0.

Looking forward to this one
BAWArmy

Post by BAWArmy »

Worth mentioning that the documentary that follows Dorking behind the scenes will likely be here this weekend. Hopefully we can give them a good atmosphere (worth noting they hate drummers so let's make sure ours is in full voice!!)
PeteSamson

Post by PeteSamson »

Here's hoping that a good number from a large crowd stay behind and support the Race Night after the game too.

COYD
KingKong

Post by KingKong »

BAWArmy wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 4:58 pm Win, and there is an outside chance we can still challenge for the title however anything other than a win then Dorking are laughing.
Should be a good crowd and hopefully a good game to match, although I'll take a scrappy 1-0.

Looking forward to this one
That would do me too. They are missing Briggs as well as Prior but still full of good players.Be interesting to see Darren Oldaker who played against us for Hythe and laid on the goal for Alex Brown. He looked to be struggling for fitness at the time but clearly has loads of ability.

Like to see Danny Leonard start and Diamanga if fit. Not sure if Kai has left so could see Tom at left back.Anyway looking forward to a fantastic atmosphere and hopefully 3 points.
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

In light of what is going on, on our doorstep I do regard myself as (at the moment) a very lucky man to be able to get in my car and travel the 50 miles up to the ground and watch a game.
Yes, it's a very important game for both teams and ordinarily I would be a tad excited (not good for a man my age) at being there. But I do find it a little dampened down by what is going on.
Yes, I have a full tank of petrol, a bed to sleep in and food to come home to after. I just hope people have a thought for the people of Ukraine. Just hope I don't slip up on left over food on the way out of the stadium.
Yes, it's an important game but it is just a football match.
Let's hope the powers that be can sort out this mess because ordinary people like us feel/me feel useless to do anything much against the swaggering imbecile in a suit that is putting Vlad the Impaler in the shade.
A bit of respect please.
Let's hope for a good game from both teams this afternoon. I look forward to seeing you all.
Dartford Hammer

Post by Dartford Hammer »

Well said! I, and am sure all of us, echo those sentiments.
KingKong

Post by KingKong »

Dartford Hammer wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 10:55 am Well said! I, and am sure all of us, echo those sentiments.
Absolutely.War crimes are being committed.
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

Skip

Post by Skip »

ozymandias wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 10:02 am In light of what is going on, on our doorstep I do regard myself as (at the moment) a very lucky man to be able to get in my car and travel the 50 miles up to the ground and watch a game.
Yes, it's a very important game for both teams and ordinarily I would be a tad excited (not good for a man my age) at being there. But I do find it a little dampened down by what is going on.
Yes, I have a full tank of petrol, a bed to sleep in and food to come home to after. I just hope people have a thought for the people of Ukraine. Just hope I don't slip up on left over food on the way out of the stadium.
Yes, it's an important game but it is just a football match.
Let's hope the powers that be can sort out this mess because ordinary people like us feel/me feel useless to do anything much against the swaggering imbecile in a suit that is putting Vlad the Impaler in the shade.
A bit of respect please.
Let's hope for a good game from both teams this afternoon. I look forward to seeing you all.
Well said, Ozy. I think we all gain a bit more perspective and balance on life as we age. Today is just a football match. The horrendous scenes in Ukraine prove once again how very close we are to a far wider conflict engulfing the rest of Europe. Unfortunately, some world leaders believe in military conflict to boost nationalistic egos at the expense of ordinary people, like all those we will stand alongside today.
Skip (now residing in Suffolk)
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

As has already been said, these terrible events put everything into perspective.

download.jpg
download.jpg (7.53 KiB) Viewed 1112 times
KingKong

Post by KingKong »

On a lighter note I hope dan Lincoln is in goal for them...he made a couple of appearances fir kent in the championship kadt year and scored an incredible century for Middlesex seconds off about 40 balls!
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

https://www.leytonorient.com/2022/03/05 ... loan-deal/

LEYTON ORIENT DEFENDER HAS JOINED NATIONAL LEAGUE SOUTH SIDE DARTFORD ON LOAN.
The left back has penned an initial one month loan deal with the Princes Park outfit, and will be available immediately for selection for their clash against Dorking Wanderers.

Sweeney, 20, has made four Football League appearances this season, as well as further games in the Papa John’s Trophy, and a short term loan spell in the National League with Wealdstone.

Dartford are vying for promotion, and currently sitting in fourth place, ahead of a big game against table toppers Dorking.

The club wish Jayden all the best in his loan move.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

1 nil, Porter.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

2 nil, Dinanga.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Looks like Luke Allen pulled muscle.
Being subbed for Murtagh.
Real shame as Luke has been playing very well.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

2-1