Roberts for Hyde.
rick
Site Admin

Re: Dartford v Bath City Sat 19 Feb 2022

Post by rick »

Park Life wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 4:43 pm Sub:-
Roberts for Hyde.
Twitter feed said: Krabbendam replaces Hyde

Who is correct? - before I put the MOM poll up.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Pen Dartford.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

2 nil, Dinanga.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

FT 2 nil.
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

rick wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 4:50 pm
Park Life wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 4:43 pm Sub:-
Roberts for Hyde.
Twitter feed said: Krabbendam replaces Hyde

Who is correct? - before I put the MOM poll up.
I'll go for Krabbendam that came on. If it's wrong - then blame the official Twitter feed.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Sorry mate, it was Krabbendam.
Silverado

Post by Silverado »

My son decided he preferred Bluewater to PP, so in view of the wind and the rain and the cold I gave this one a miss too. But listening to the live commentary on Radio Kent it didn't sound as if the weather was too much of a problem, and the attendance of 1003 suggests not too many other fans were put off. Oh well :cry: I wonder if that last minute penalty will make a crucial GD difference come the end of the season...
Top Cat

Post by Top Cat »

Not a great game to watch but three points is all that matters in the end . I thought Murtugh had a good game today so my MOTM vote . Good attendance considering the horrible weather , and well done to the 10- 20 Bath Supporters who made the journey .
Bkev180

Post by Bkev180 »

Good team performance good to have a captains performance like that from Tom and Hyde was a handful could of had 4/5 goals but 2 nil ill take onto Hungerford Tues
The 5th Searcher

Post by The 5th Searcher »

Not the greatest of games to watch but we got the job done and 3pts in the bag which is all that matters.
I thought the new fullback Junior from Millwall had a solid game and only really made 1 mistake very early on in the game otherwise looked solid so got my MOTM vote.
Captain Bonner was also a rock at the back as well.

Personally apart from a couple of good balls I really didn’t think Kieron Murtagh had a good game at all, he again looked very slow & sluggish to me as though he was unfit & carrying to much weight. It was a stupid foul to commit for his yellow card just moments after the ref had already given him his final warning.
He is certainly past his best I’m afraid & I honestly thought Kingy made the wrong decision by taking Hyde off instead of Kieron.

Jake Robinson really wasn’t in the game either today, he got caught in the first 2 minutes which should’ve been a penalty which I think the ref bottled, after that he had 1 header and absolutely nothing else all game, he just didn’t look interested.
Admittedly it didn’t help with us keep playing long high balls to him against their tall centre half but he really didn’t seem to battle or show much interest and probably should’ve gone off earlier for Marcus to come on.
Kingy said in his interview on Radio Kent that Marcus would’ve started the game but got back late from Birmingham so had to be a sub.

Hopefully we can bag another 3pts Tuesday night away to Hungerford although it won’t be an easy game. I see ex Dart Dwayne Ofori Acheampong got sent off for Hungerford today, not sure if he misses Tuesdays game or next weeks.

We need to keep the pressure on Maidstone & Dorking to keep up that chase as I can’t see either dropping many points, apart from against us at PP hopefully.

COYD’s
The 5th Searcher

Post by The 5th Searcher »

Park Life wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 5:02 pm Sorry mate, it was Krabbendam.
I honestly thought it was Kory Robert’s that came on as a sub as well.
Harry

Post by Harry »

A very good result against good opposition, thought we started brightly and made several good opportunities which we didn't take until Kelvin scored with some very neat control.
At that point had we scored again I felt Bath were there for the taking, the longer it went without us getting the second the more they grew in confidence.
We managed to see it out in the end with Bath pushing for the equaliser we had a couple of good breaks with Danny and Marcus.

I thought Kieran was very good today, I think he does a lot of the unseen dirty work breaking up play and getting us playing. If his best days are behind him he must have been some player when at his peak and way beyond National south level as he makes the game look easy.
KSTDART

Post by KSTDART »

A professional job done today winning 2-0 but yet again it seemed we got a ref that gives a free kick to the opposition every time they threw themselves to the ground ( which was a lot ) .
But well done for the team and SK who IMO made the changes just a the right time,

A very well taken goal for Kalala and nicely put away penalty after Dan Leonard was brought down after a fantastic run .

Enjoy the goals

rambo

Post by rambo »

We did really well to win the game and fully deserved
It. It was tough playing against the wind in the second half.
I really enjoyed the game as all the players put in a real shift
Kalvin had his best game for us and scored a beauty. He showed his skills a lot throughout the game
Kieran played extremely well and played some beautiful passes, he is still a great player
The back four were excellent and I was pleased to see Tariq commanding his area of the pitch
Last edited by rambo on Sat Feb 19, 2022 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Babylon

Post by Babylon »

3 points and still in the frame for promotion.
Apart from that imo it was a dull game against average oppo.
We did enough to win today but we will have to improve when
Dorking and Maidscum visit PP.

We looked far more attack minded when Leonard joined the fray imo.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Deserved win today and kept our very good league run going. Difficult conditions but showed today we have the ability to grind results out when needed.
First half we played some good football and deserved to be in front, second half was a little disappointing as Bath had plenty of possession but defensively we were good and limited them to hardly any chances. Junior did well in his first game and rest of the lads at the back all put in very good performances.
I'm a big fan of Jebb's as i think he's class but was really pleased how the three lads in the middle played and coped with his absence.
Late substitutions had a big impact and made us dangerous on the break again creating a few opportunities before the late penalty, just curious how a player can pull someone back in the box and not even get spoken to by the ref??

MOTM between Bonner, Wynter, Allen with Allen just edging it for me.

Taking into account what we've just been through weather wise i thought the attendance today was very good.
Must admit i didn't think there were that many there but as Spike pointed out to me there's probably a few hundred who now stand in the aisle at the back.

Tough game but three very valuable points and we are very well placed in the league.

COYD
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Steve's Post match Radio Kent Interview start at 35:04:-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0bln721
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Good tean performance today with deserved win, very impressed with Dinanga , needs to start and his goals could just make it a very interesting finish to the season

Can be fraught travelling from Birmingham area , perhaps an overnight stay at a Travel Lodge near Dartford , donations to Mickey Austin !!!!!
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

Gritty win. I’m no tactician but I still can’t fathom out why Danny Leonard is warming the bench whilst Murtagh still starts every week despite continual criticism of the latter. I know, different positions and all that, but there’s still something wrong with our attacking midfield and an ability to get crosses into the box.