Jake Robinson (Sub)
23%
Ody Alfa (Sub)
No votes

Total votes: 13

Grassbank

Re: Hungerford v Dartford Tue 22 Feb 2022

Post by Grassbank »

I prefer to call it by its real name. Cheating.
BAWArmy

Post by BAWArmy »

Not to mention we're now completely f*cked for the Dorking game with suspensions.
Harry

Post by Harry »

Bizzare (according to commentary) we should have been 5 - 0 up at half time, we have been well and truly done by Hungerford.
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

BAWArmy wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:23 pmWho is the ref?
Post 1 in this match thread:
Referee: Ross Martin
PeteSamson

Post by PeteSamson »

Looks like Rick needs to add the name of Ross Martin to the Man of the Match vote, cos he seems to be the star of the show tonight listening to the commentary. Only just realised SK has been sent off.

If the Junior incident has been recorded on the video playback, then maybe the club will appeal the sending off and maybe other decisions questioned.

Looking unlikely the Darts will pull the result round, but keeping fingers crossed nevertheless.

Seems we should have put the game to bed in the first half.

COYD
BAWArmy

Post by BAWArmy »

This being our game in hand makes it all the more frustrating. 7 points behind Dorking now with them next and our manager and full back suspended. It was looking good but not now
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

2-1 Robinson
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

I’ve said it too many times this season that we have to beat the opposition AND the match officials. They really have been appalling. Yep, I say it when we win too. Something has to be done. I think there’s an anti Dartford bias amongst the ‘band’ of match officials on this league. It’s too often for it to be just a coincidence.
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

I just can’t believe that they all get conned by other teams antics so regularly?
They were obviously the last kid picked up against the playground wall, & thought
“I know how to get my own back on these buggers, I’ll become a referee”!!
Last edited by M1 South on Wed Feb 23, 2022 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Top Cat

Post by Top Cat »

Commentator suggest we should of been 3-4 goals up at HT ? So putting all the that went on with the oppositions antics , we have only ourselves to blame again for not finishing teams off when we’re dominating matches .
Hungerford players and especially Wilmoth , (the bloke with the rubber legs) are an embarrassment to football ; we know that already , we see it a home earlier in the season , but it doesn’t change the result and it puts another dent in our title ambitions .
Ring of fire

Post by Ring of fire »

1st half chances hit the post & rolled along & out, 2-3 off the line... Kingy should've known better! Now facing Stadium bans, after previous ones!
2nd half done by more cheating divers / yellows, bought by the Ref. Surprised Ade stayed on, as they targeted him all night, with their constant falling next to him & others!
2 moments of poor marking, 2 nil down... Missed Tom!
Junior shoulder to shoulder with another diver, down to 10 men... Jake gave us a consolation toe in.
Poor Ref, being conned all the way, by Sunday Leaguers!

Special mention for Duane OA, a gentleman who looked out for his past favouring fans, at the end. Instead of disappearing inside, he ran across the pitch for embraces, a photo and an admirable chat, asking for TB... Pleased he didn't score, with his knees intact!
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

We can bemoan a string of poor decisions by the referee (standard!) and the antics of our opposition (expected!) but we have to convert chances that we create. To dominate a game as much as the commentary suggested yet come away with nothing is very disappointing to say the least!

(I still dislike Hungerford and their uber- negative tactics with a passion!)

We WILL beat Dorking Saturday week!
KingKong

Post by KingKong »

Tony H wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:57 pm We can bemoan a string of poor decisions by the referee (standard!) and the antics of our opposition (expected!) but we have to convert chances that we create. To dominate a game as much as the commentary suggested yet come away with nothing is very disappointing to say the least!

(I still dislike Hungerford and their uber- negative tactics with a passion!)

We WILL beat Dorking Saturday week!
True and they did score two goals and hit the bar so was not all one way. ive been a bit obsessed with referees recently and it does no good..We had chances and did not take them-disappointing but we move on to Dorking and a rocking Princes Park.
Lennylenny

Post by Lennylenny »

The home game was enough to put anybody off going up there to see a team that doesn’t understand it’s a entertainment business , why would you play like that with no chance of play offs? Would u take your kids to watch that and go “ that’s how it’s done lads , cheat at every opportunity , it’s crap to watch but you might end up winning ? “ Refs have a hard time but is it ethical same ref , refs same team 5 times in under three months ? Maybe he is so used to this cynicism he has forgot how to ref a entertaining game. Big up to those that went
DA1

Post by DA1 »

Not sure what to say about this one. We were on top in the first half and should’ve definitely gone in at half time 1, 2 maybe even 3-0 up. Maybe that’s why Kingy (who was absolutely stupid for getting himself sent off) is saying he wants another striker.

Second half we come out and we were AWFUL. Defensively we lack a leader with no Bonner playing. Strange to leave on players who had lacklustre performances and take off those who I thought played ok. We got drawn right in by Hungerfords anti-football tactics. Didn’t really have a chance besides Robbos goal.

Marc White must’ve been laughing! Anyways, onto Saturday and we’ll probably beat Dorking now.

COYD

Notice I haven’t mentioned the ref because if I’m being honest I don’t think he had that much of a bad game.
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

DA1 wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 6:30 pm Not sure what to say about this one. We were on top in the first half and should’ve definitely gone in at half time 1, 2 maybe even 3-0 up. Maybe that’s why Kingy (who was absolutely stupid for getting himself sent off) is saying he wants another striker.

Second half we come out and we were AWFUL. Defensively we lack a leader with no Bonner playing. Strange to leave on players who had lacklustre performances and take off those who I thought played ok. We got drawn right in by Hungerfords anti-football tactics. Didn’t really have a chance besides Robbos goal.

Marc White must’ve been laughing! Anyways, onto Saturday and we’ll probably beat Dorking now.

COYD

Notice I haven’t mentioned the ref because if I’m being honest I don’t think he had that much of a bad game.
The ref was weak he allowed himself to be conned by their antics I lost count how many times they surrounded the him.
I have never seen a team cheat,dive and Squeal as much as hungerford last night they are a disgrace to football.
As for the red card it was a yellow at best.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

First incident in the game Hungerford surrounded the ref and were at their usual antics all night, that's how they play and nothing will change it as their management encourage and take part in it. Just disappointing the refs at this level don't seem to get to grips with it and let it continue all game. It's not what i would want to watch but in their position they obviously feel it's the only way they can compete at this level. Did make me laugh the way some of their players celebrated at the end, it was like they'd completed a massive giant killing rather than just a league victory so we must take that as a big compliment that they feel so inferior :lol: :lol:

After about 5-10 minutes we settled and played quite well first half and should have gone in at least a couple ahead.
Second half we created hardly anything and they took their chances when they came so we only have ourselves to blame.

Not sure how we ended up with our players receiving about 4 to 5 cautions and 1 sending off. IMO one was an obvious yellow and the rest were debatable. As for the Red, from the other end it looked shoulder to shoulder to me and also questionable whether there guy would have had a clear goalscoring opportunity so i guess the video will determine whether we appeal that or not.

It's never enjoyable playing Hungerford for numerous reasons and last night was more of the same.
Spike

Post by Spike »

There wasn't a lot wrong with our first half showing. The shape and balance of the team looked good, we dominated the game and created a shed load of chances. Had we taken even just one of them then I think we would have gone on to win comfortably, not least because that would have forced Hungerford to at least attempt to come out and play football. However, when you squander so many chances then you know there's always going to come a time when the opposition get one or two of their own and so it was on this occasion. Okay, the sending off was highly debatable but these things happen from time to time and in all honesty, we could and should have had the game wrapped up by half-time.

Hungerford's tactics are not at all easy on the eye. It was truly pathetic the way they circled the referee, howling like a tribe of Red Indians riding around the wagons in a 1930s western movie, every time one of their players fell over near one of ours. They are a horrible team to watch and made Braintree seem like Barcelona at times, but as Park Life said on the night, I'd rather watch a team like ours lose, than a team like theirs win. Throwing a spanner in the works of better teams every now and then may give them cause to crack open a bottle of Lidl Value Lambrini, but they'll never actually win anything themselves playing like that.

Nevertheless, their tactics worked against us on this occasion and they won the game. It's not the end of the world, we can't expect to win them all and we are still going great guns, so let's just take it on the chin, pick ourselves up and do better next time. It's not constructive to whinge about the referee after every game, it just clouds the obvious truth that we simply have to be better than we were when we come up against anti-football teams like this.
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

What was the official reason as to why Marcus Dinganga [ ?] wasnt in the squad ???????
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

The Duke wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:37 pm What was the official reason as to why Marcus Dinganga [ ?] wasnt in the squad ???????
I was told????????? that??? he was injured???????????????