No votes
Tom Bonner (Sub)
No votes

Total votes: 21

rick
Site Admin

Re: Havant & Waterlooville v Dartford Wed 9 Feb 2022

Post by rick »

Park Life wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:56 pm I'm being told attendance was 820 but not confirmed.
Thanks. Hopefully our roving reporter will mention it in his match report.
SKennedyDFC

Post by SKennedyDFC »

Attendance was 820. Confirmed on the Havant & Waterlooville website.

https://www.havantandwaterloovillefc.co ... tch_report
BAWArmy

Post by BAWArmy »

another great win in what now has turned into a good run of form..now last time we had a cup match in the middle of a good run we know what happened. Hopefully no repeats and we get a solid win on Saturday.

COYD
Babylon

Post by Babylon »

Excellent 3 points from a tough opponent .
The lads are on a good run
Dorking and Maidstone are in our sights now and both of them have got to come to Princes park.

On to Needham market and hopefully we don't underestimate them

COYDssss
Harry

Post by Harry »

Excellent result, never an easy place to get points. Sounded like a very good first half. Great to see some consistency returning to the team on the current winning run.

Looking forward to seeing the highlights and SK's post match comments.

Some very interesting games coming up so hopefully we can start to rebuild some momentum heading towards the end of the season.
PeteSamson

Post by PeteSamson »

First of all, thanks to the commentary team, especially Sam, who seemed to have taken over the role of chief commentator tonight and kept us listeners fully involved in the game action.

The game itself seemed all action and even though the Darts had the upper hand, H & W also had their chances, and ex Tranmere player, Stefan Payne, seemed to be mentioned a few times when they had possession.

Confidence seems to have returned to the team, and Luke deserving of yet another goal from midfield.

Hopefully we can push on now on Saturday with another step to Wembley and put the Sudbury disappointment behind us.

Again, well played Darts, in gathering 12 points out of 12.

Looking forward to comments from those who managed to make it to the match.

COYD
Tall Dart

Post by Tall Dart »

That win puts us top on last 5 games played. Not getting carried away, just highlighting it, as it has been mentioned previously when we have not been in good form.

Credit to the team.

A massive game Saturday!

Coyds
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

Played well tonight never looked like losing good all round performance.
Man of the match Cory Roberts.
Spike

Post by Spike »

Solid performance and although only 1-0 it never felt like we were in any danger. Havant were a bit one dimensional, repeatedly hitting long balls down the right hand side with little or no variation. It did pose a problem once or twice, but the Havant fan I was talking too was very despondent and felt the game was over once Darts were in front. He was right.

I thought Murtagh and Allen were the pick of the bunch for Darts. Luke was especially good and gets my MOTM vote. A strange, uneventful game, but once Darts were in front there was only ever going to be one winner. Great result and I made it home in time to see Match of the Day. Happy days.
terrydfc

Post by terrydfc »

great to see when I woke up at 4am for work that my son had text me it finished 1-0
well done Dartford
will miss going to as many games from next month when I move further away

keep it up darts
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

This for me was a BIG win and a confidence booster ahead of the Trophy game and a run in to our final league games. A bloody good win.
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Really good 3pts for the Darts with a very good team effort against a team thats on " big bucks " and great to put one over Paul Doswell.
Lots been said about Noor going but the addition of Luke Allens more direct forward approach in midfield [ only 2 games I know ] seems to be more effective than the "easy on the eye ,tippy tappy stuff " Noor was often guilty of , seems as though Jebb is also now putting in a decent shift and with Murtagh getting back to his [ obvious class ] best plus the two new loanees we seem to now be on the right track !!!

IF we take this to Needham Market then we should do ok
DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

So pleased to finally be able to cast Murtagh a vote. He was a perfect fit in a midfield which looked like it had played not dozens, but hundreds of games together last night.
A solid performance with not many highlights, but consummate professionalism from the Darts. Certainly more than can be said for the refreshment ordering procedure within the ground, which had more elements to it than the periodic table.

Enjoying all this very much again now.
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Kingys Post Match interview on DFCtwitter , pleased to hear him talk about " Wingers and Pace "- the way forward !!!!!

Post by 180 »

Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Professional performance last night against one of my pre season favourites for promotion.
We started with a good tempo going forward and Ody looked lively out wide left, glad to hear Steve say he just cramped up at the end as i thought he'd pulled a muscle.
On top first 20-25 mins then the half petered out until last 5 mins when Luke got what proved to be the winner. Second half they got a few crosses in from their right but we were always in the right position and defended well. So much so that I can't tecall Dan having to make a save of any note.

MOTM - Jordan just edged it from Luke but plenty of good performances.

Strange in these current times that Havant only took cash at the food outlets and especially at the turnstiles!! When someone asked for a ticket they gave him a strange look and said they don't give tickets. Now what can their reasons be for that I wonder.
Dorset Dart

Post by Dorset Dart »

Last night was my first match since the December home fixture against Billericay, when I thought we were pretty poor. Thankfully yesterday was a much better performance, and marks a book end comparison between the poor run we had at the end of 2021 and our recent turn around of form.

We played with tempo, pressed them on the ball and the shape worked well with 2 quick, tricky players down the flanks. The new guy Alfa looked useful and Kalala was particularly impressive. King thought a stonewall penalty when Kalala went down in the box towards the end of the 2nd half, but personally not so sure, and seemed very much as if Kalvin was looking for a nudge and went down too easily. If he was tripped, he didn't help his cause by the way he appeared to throw himself down, but that apart he had a great game, caused the Hawks lots of problems and has a good turn of pace. We were solid defensively and needed to be as we came under a lot of pressure at times, particularly down their right hand flank. Kory Roberts stood out as my MOTM.

Not a game with many clear cut chances and the Hawks might feel they did enough to share the points, but we were the better footballing side and overall deserved what is a very good win at their place.
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

Dorset Dart wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 5:44 pm Last night was my first match since the December home fixture against Billericay, when I thought we were pretty poor. Thankfully yesterday was a much better performance, and marks a book end comparison between the poor run we had at the end of 2021 and our recent turn around of form.

We played with tempo, pressed them on the ball and the shape worked well with 2 quick, tricky players down the flanks. The new guy Alfa looked useful and Kalala was particularly impressive. King thought a stonewall penalty when Kalala went down in the box towards the end of the 2nd half, but personally not so sure, and seemed very much as if Kalvin was looking for a nudge and went down too easily. If he was tripped, he didn't help his cause by the way he appeared to throw himself down, but that apart he had a great game, caused the Hawks lots of problems and has a good turn of pace. We were solid defensively and needed to be as we came under a lot of pressure at times, particularly down their right hand flank. Kory Roberts stood out as my MOTM.

Not a game with many clear cut chances and the Hawks might feel they did enough to share the points, but we were the better footballing side and overall deserved what is a very good win at their place.
Not a penalty.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Ian Baird Havant Asst Mgr Post Match Interview:-

rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

Strange that the team sheet says Welling Utd - can't get the staff!! :D
well-hw.jpg
They've taken down the original video with the error (above) and replaced it with the corrected version: