Total votes: 35

rick
Site Admin

Re: Dartford v Ebbsfleet Tue 1 Feb 2022

Post by rick »

DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

Was behind the goal with our rivals in the first half, so had a good view of Robbo’s goal and subsequent miss. The Fleet fans were generally well-natured and we managed to find their PL counterpart, which was quite amusing.
Reasonably impressed with Dinanga, but again the star of the show was Danny Leonard. Crowd was very good for a Tuesday and it’s nice to see and hear a new generation of fans behind the goal.
It might look like Dorking are uncatchable, but many said that of us before the horror show at Sudbury.

COYD
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

M1 South wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 3:18 pm Not sure 2k on a Tuesday evening but anywhere near it would be good!!
What do I know??
Spike

Post by Spike »

This morning I am looking at the league table again and considering that the gap between ourselves and Dorking is maybe not insurmountable and noticing stuff like NOBODY else has lost fewer games than we have. Isn't it amazing how a couple of wins can really raise the spirits and change your whole perspective. Fantastic atmosphere and a very decent attendance for a midweek game. Those young Darts fans behind the goal bring so much to the atmosphere and I'm sure it helps lift the team. Please guys, just refrain from doing stupid things like chucking a flare on the pitch as this sort of thing is only ever going to end in trouble for the club, so whoever did this is not helping the cause. Overall though it was a great atmosphere with both sets of fans mingling happily and proving that segregation wasn't necessary.

Great result last night and well done to SK and the boys. I think it's fair to say that over the two matches with Fleet you couldn't get a fag paper between the two teams and 3 points each is probably a fair return for both sides. As someone has already said, Fleet's football is easy on the eye as they do try to play from the back and are very reluctant to go long, but I'm not sure this always worked in their favour as they did seem suspect when we applied the press and at times it seemed they wanted to pass the ball all the way into the net rather than taking a shot. Admirable intentions perhaps, but maybe mixing it up a bit might be more effective.

Lots of contenders for MOTM. Defensively we were rock solid, but I'm picking Danny Leonard again because he caused Fleet all sorts of problems and seems to be back to his early season form. The scenes at the end of the game showed how much this win meant to the players, manager and fans alike and I really can't wait for Saturday and the visit of Welling. COYD
PeteSamson

Post by PeteSamson »

That is an excellent match report from Chris Palmer and certainly captured the spirit of what was coming over on the commentary with the non stop efforts from the fans.

COYD
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

M1 South wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:00 am
M1 South wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 3:18 pm Not sure 2k on a Tuesday evening but anywhere near it would be good!!
What do I know??
Same here. I was surprised. Thought we’d be lucky to get 1750. Superb support and good to see the younger generation. But I wish they’d behave themselves. One of the reasons I ‘chose’ Dartford twelve years ago was because of the fans’ exemplary behaviour and the set up.

What a great feeling after the match and getting on the Fastrack with very sad faces going back to Gravesend. I’m still on a high. Thank goodness Ebbsfleet we’re misfiring. But they’re one of the more pleasing on the eye teams I’ve seen. No shithousery. Just a solid north Kent derby!

Let’s keep the momentum going. Never say easy, but an ‘easy’ win on Saturday, Shirley? 😂
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

We won because Silver didn't turn up, :D Parky is right about Fleet knocking it about all over the pitch and back again. They did it at Stonebridge where we should have got something from that game too.
Steve K didn't look like a guy on the verge of going anywhere but to the bar after the game.
Win ugly suits me all day long. :D
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

Good win last night still unbeaten at home hopefully another win Saturday.
Last edited by BRASSNECK on Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Steve's post match interview:-

DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

After King’s bogle in front of the fans, I was half expecting to see a dozen of those little silver bottles by the dug-out. Reasoning seems legit enough though :D
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

There blokes post match interview:-

Babylon

Post by Babylon »

Beaten by a team of part timers.
Loooooooooser!!
The 5th Searcher

Post by The 5th Searcher »

The guy is full of nothing but waffle, seriously sour grapes and a bad loser.

Kingy said that he didn’t need to do much of a team talk to motivate the players as their manager had already done that for him after the away game.
Kingy just read them Herman the Germans comments from his interview after the game, that was enough to fire them up 😁😁.
Top Cat

Post by Top Cat »

You can understand how he feels when his team had created so many chances and yet his players couldn’t hit a Cows Arse with a banjo 🤣Take nothing away from the Darts win , we took our chance and scored ,and should of added a second ? even Jake must be scratching his head and wondering how on earth ? Good attendance for a Tuesday night ,( the mild weather helped ) .let’s hope for another good crowd on Saturday and another three points .
Tall Dart

Post by Tall Dart »

Park Life wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:01 pm There blokes post match interview:-

Hard fought win by the Darts, they had more chances than us but it's the goal that mattered. He did make me laugh about our tough pitch to play on, cheeky so and so. Always feel we fair better at home because its narrower, their ground is quite a bit wider, which suits their full time fitness levels.

Taking both games into reflection, points shared is fair enough, as on the day the winning team took their chances.

We seem to now be moving in the right direction, let's do the business Saturday. Keep up the chase....

UTDs
KSTDART

Post by KSTDART »

He is no jurgen klopp , more like a German Flop :D :D :D
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Probably the last interview that he will do on a Dartford game as with their resources unless Fleet go up he will be back in Germany unemployed !!!
Jonty

Post by Jonty »

We may have lost a few battles on the pitch but we definitely won the w̶a̶r̶ game. As Parky says, they went round more times than "The Average White Band". What a bitter, twisted man, I can't stop laughing. :lol:

Post by 180 »

Match highlights:

V184

Post by V184 »

Pretty even game both sides missed chances that should have been put away. What amazed me was Tom Bonner he looked a shadow of his former self lumbering around pulling opposition players down i would say close to being virtually a pub team player such a shame to see his career follow this tragic path.
Steve King, what can one say at least he seems to have dropped the handbag he used to carry at Whitehawk but the fur coat & white shoes really & the killer bit was putting covers on them to walk on the pitch afterwards :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
See you all next season :? :? :?