D'sean Theobalds (Sub)
No votes
Jake Robinson (Sub)
No votes

Total votes: 27

Park Life

Re: Tonbridge Angels v Dartford Sat 29 Jan 2022

Post by Park Life »

Improved performance and we looked a threat going forward all game, especially the 20-25 minute spell in the first half when we played really well. It was back to the quality football of earlier in the season with three very good goals as well.

Although at times we weren't as secure defensively as we normally are i think we should take into account the back four has changed a lot recently and they've had hardly any time playing and working together. Confident they will get better and thought Kory had a decent game, he covered well and looks comfortable in possession.

Still need to work on a few things but it was a step in the right direction and something to build on.

I feel for Ade atm as i think has been playing well but not had any luck at all recently with some poor decisions against him and the keeper pulling off an excellent save to deny him yesterday. I am a bit concerned though as he went off with what looked like a pulled muscle so hope he will be ok. Also hope Danny will be ok as well because he looked completely out of it when he left the pitch.

MOTM for me between Danny and Jack, Danny caused them problems all game and two good goals but Jack just gets my vote as i thought he was excellent and scored another absolute quality free kick.

Special mention to our fans yesterday as although we have not been at our best recently there was a very large number who made the trip to Tonbridge and got behind the team for the whole 90 mins. Well done as it undoubtedly made a difference and helped the team.
The 5th Searcher

Post by The 5th Searcher »

Does anyone actually know what’s happened to Danny Robert’s, is he actually out injured still or is he just out of favour at the moment?
There’s not been any mention of him at all lately, he’s certainly not been in any team listings for a while now and I don’t recall Steve King mentioning him in any interviews for a while.
Hopefully he’ll be back soon whatever the issue is.
KSTDART

Post by KSTDART »

The 5th Searcher wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 3:20 pm Does anyone actually know what’s happened to Danny Robert’s, is he actually out injured still or is he just out of favour at the moment?
There’s not been any mention of him at all lately, he’s certainly not been in any team listings for a while now and I don’t recall Steve King mentioning him in any interviews for a while.
Hopefully he’ll be back soon whatever the issue is.
He was kicking a ball around b4 kick off yesterday with the rest if the team .
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

He was watching the game down by one of the corner flags yesterday, so definitely not involved?
The 5th Searcher

Post by The 5th Searcher »

Possibly just out of favour then which is a shame, especially at the moment.
Ajaxman DFC

Post by Ajaxman DFC »

MOM Danny Leonard for me. Two great goals as well as bravely earning the free kick, which unfortunately lead to his early departure before being brilliantly converted by Jebb.

Also a sound debut from Kory Roberts who looked comfortable on ball.

A welcome and potentially valuable 3 points on the road. Always sweeter when gained from a local derby too.

However, we are in desperate need of a tenacious midfielder.
We came off second best too many times in that area of the park yesterday.
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

Ajaxman DFC wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:53 pm However, we are in desperate need of a tenacious midfielder.
We came off second best too many times in that area of the park yesterday.
Not sure that the tenacious, ball-winning midfielder features at all in the modern, NLS game but I quite agree.
BenDFC

Post by BenDFC »

Happy to see Danny Leonard in the team again. great performance in the first half & well taken goals. shaky ending to the game but we deserved the win. Ebbsfleet will be a challenge but I think we have the quality to beat them tomorrow. COYD
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Match highlights:-

The Futures White

Post by The Futures White »

A different view of Jack Jebb's goal....

The Futures White

Post by The Futures White »

Park Life wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 1:43 pm Match highlights:-

What an awful spot to film from. The top half of the picture is taken up by the underside of the roof and if that's not bad enough your view is blocked by stanchions or some bloke who keeps jumping up!!
GordonRoadDart

Post by GordonRoadDart »

Tonbridge have posted their own highlights:

https://www.tonbridgeangels.co.uk/
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Agree, bloody awful position for the camera. Have to agree with Kingy on the difference of pace/quality of the football in the National League compared to the NLS. I sadly missed out going to Tonbridge and decided to go to Dover Saturday, mainly to watch Noor. Much slower pace to the game but then I did think that both teams were showing their league positions.
Southend weren't a lot better than Dover who put up a good fist of things. Whereas Noor's game at Dartford, we expected something to happen and Noor saw a lot more of the ball at PP. At Dover he seemed very quiet. Well, up until the goal. :D
DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

The Futures White wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:01 pm A different view of Jack Jebb's goal....

That’s hit the ‘invisible ceiling’ alright.