Junior (under 12) FREE

Forum: http://www.tonbridgeafc.co.uk/forum/

Referee: Paul Johnson
Assistant Referee: Ollie Davies
Assistant Referee: Peter Conn
The 5th Searcher

Re: Tonbridge Angels v Dartford Sat 29 Jan 2022

Post by The 5th Searcher »

I see Tonbridge got a 92nd minute equaliser away to Havant tonight.
Kebabus

Post by Kebabus »

Draw?
Babylon

Post by Babylon »

After the Concord debacle Can it get any worse?
Dartford need a result that is FACT.
So come on Kingy and the lads,you owe us a result.
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Maybe Steve is beginning to feel the effects of working to a stringent budget. To the point where he's having second thoughts. :shock: :shock:
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Tom Bonner on Kent online football has made a rallying call for the team to return to the form shown in 1st 8 games and says that we have been leaving everything on the pitch but not getting the rub of the green , talk is cheap so come on Tom lets see [ assuming Kingy picks a team with a winger] a real performance at Tonbridge who may lack a bit of class but they really do leave it all on the pitch and will be a tough nut to crack !!!

I recall going to Tonbridge , getting beat 3 -2 and we were f......g awful . [ please] no repeat on saturday !!!!!!!!!!!!
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Ozy , He is having 2nd thoughts ????????????
Ajaxman DFC

Post by Ajaxman DFC »

And the drama of that infamous 3-2 defeat at Tonbridge didn't end at the final whistle either.

As for the stringent budget Steve King has to work under it sounds like our "undisclosed" transfer policy doesn't help matters. If Noor Hussain has gone on the cheap, as suggested, then forget bringing in a striker. There wouldn't be enough money from the deal to buy his boot laces.
Maybe "undisclosed" is a cover up to hide embarrassment rather than alerting clubs to thinking we've got loads of money to spend.
If it turns out SK had nothing to do with the move and the player has been practically given away as a favour, it would mean the club hasn't got one ounce of the nous that someone like Daniel Levy has in his armoury.

And when it comes to contracts and transfer deals that's maybe where the club is falling short by not having a tough negotiator.
Last edited by Ajaxman DFC on Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

David??? I drove my Chevy to the levy but the levy was dry!!
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

M1 South wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:34 pm David??? I drove my Chevy to the levy but the levy was dry!!
Thank you! FFS. An earworm I can’t shift now!
BAWArmy

Post by BAWArmy »

ozymandias wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:39 am Maybe Steve is beginning to feel the effects of working to a stringent budget. To the point where he's having second thoughts. :shock: :shock:
Who said he's having second thoughts?
Ajaxman DFC

Post by Ajaxman DFC »

Sorry, Daniel
Jonty

Post by Jonty »

A nice local game Saturday but if we play as we did on Tuesday we will be beaten. As it stands we are bottom of the league form guide with 4 points from our last 6 games and surely this poor run will end at some stage otherwise our playoff aspirations will also disappear, which would be unacceptable for a club with our huge resources. At the start of the season, SK said the target was the play-offs and as it stands we are still in control of that destiny, I hope that Tuesday's game gave the gaffer some clarity on team selection/tactics. I can't see SK ever playing a 4-4-2 but I really hope the team lines up in a positive manner.

Tonbridge will fancy their chances and I would have them as favorites but like us, they struggle to score goals but are very organized defensively and if we are to get anything from this game then everyone will need to put in a decent shift. I would like SK to inject a bit more pace in the team and more players in the starting line-up who can get up and down the pitch. It is going to be a massive couple of weeks for the club in which could determine how the rest of the season pans out. COYD.

------------------Wilks----------------

Wynter----Essam----Bonner----Kai

------------------Hyde-----------------
----------Jebb-----------Allen--------

-----Leonard---------------Kalala----
----------------Robinson---------------
Trevor B

Post by Trevor B »

Jonty

I have to agree with the selection looks good to me and I just have to make up my mind whether to go on Saturday after the recent performances that I have seen.
Normally I would always go to Tonbridge and enjoy a good game and surroundings and come away reasonably happy whatever the result so let the temperature rise a few degrees to swing it for me and a prayer for a win
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Exactly!!! Read the Kingy thread. Kingy's going here, Kingy's going there. :?
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

NOT for me Jonty , even though you are a mate !!]

The line up is too open and Tonbridge will pick us of , I suggest that we play 4 4 2 , with Wynter in a midfield holding role , Hyde on left hand side of midfield , Kalala or Leonard as right winger with Azeez and Robinson as main strikers , any of the rest I'm happy with , just move the ball quickly through midfield and get the ball into the box to give the strikers a real chance of scoring [, surely we cant rely of Bonner/Essam to score regularily for us]

Oh and finally get Kingy to tell them to stop f..... about and put a performance on for the fans !!!!!!!
Top Cat

Post by Top Cat »

We have never replaced that “Bradbrook “ type of midfielder; someone strong in the tackle and verbal who kept the team together both in defence and especially with his runs into the box and scoring many a goal ? I look at the players we have now, and there’s no one in midfield who fits that description? They are all good players in their own right but no of them will get you 10-15-20 goals a season ? Tonbridge on Saturday I wouldn’t start with Ade ,I would start with Allen or Hyde further up front running at their defence instead of this lumping it game we seem to have adopted lately? to play alongside Robinson .
I would start with
Wilkes
Bonner
Essam
Kai
Wynter
Murtagh (if fit?)
Hyde
Leonard
Allen
Kalala
Robinson
In 4/5/1 formation
But I know FA ( for entertainment purposes only )
🤣
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

4 5 1 works great [ Chelsea great example] when you have 2 flying wing backs and box to box midfield players , WE HAVE'NT !!! , otherwise the system fails and all that happens is the lone striker becomes isolated and then its a case of lumping long balls from the back , believe me I have seen it in recent dart games !!!!!
Jonty

Post by Jonty »

The Duke wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:16 am NOT for me Jonty , even though you are a mate !!]

The line up is too open and Tonbridge will pick us of , I suggest that we play 4 4 2 , with Wynter in a midfield holding role , Hyde on left hand side of midfield , Kalala or Leonard as right winger with Azeez and Robinson as main strikers , any of the rest I'm happy with , just move the ball quickly through midfield and get the ball into the box to give the strikers a real chance of scoring [, surely we cant rely of Bonner/Essam to score regularily for us]

Oh and finally get Kingy to tell them to stop f..... about and put a performance on for the fans !!!!!!!
BJ & Pope spring to mind. I would love a 4-4-2 Dave but it won't happen and looking at it logically as Top Cat has stated above, we don't have the quality of a Bradbrook in there to pull it off.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

It was great watching the free flowing football at the start of the season when we were winning every week but they need our support more now so i will be there today getting behind the team and cheering them on.

I still firmly believe we have a very good squad of players and they will turn results around and go on another good run, also looks as though Kingy is going to add make some additions to the squad which should also help.

So come on everyone, it will be another tough game so lets all get down to Tonbridge today and show the team how good our support is.

COYD