Taking the Knee

ozymandias

Re: Taking the Knee

Post by ozymandias »

As Wilfred Zaha says......
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

The 5th Searcher wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 9:52 pm I certainly don’t find it embarrassing, if anything I’m proud of our team for not doing it.
I could understand at the time when it first started but it’s now old hat & becoming a joke I’m afraid.
100% agree!!
KentC

Post by KentC »

i wouldnt say i disagree with it, especially as a mixed race person whos suffered racism from my school days onwards. from my perspective i dont think the message is clear and there is so much more that can be done thats ignored.
the punishments, or lack of, that go to these countries where the whole stadium is monkey chanting etc is pathetic, pathetic fines and even denials from the countires fas where it happens.
from the very top UEFA and FIFA they dont give a crap and will punish you hard for minimal offences like advertising breaches but get a whole stadium of racists making racist chants to players and they get nothing or very little punishment.

If UEFA and FIFA dont care I dont think taking the knee matters.

IMO of course
PeteSamson

Post by PeteSamson »

Totally agree with Matt and DA Mikey.
At 74 years of age, I have happily worked alongside and played football alongside people of various ethnicities without any issues at all. And as a club, we have also been represented by players of all ethnicities over the years. As Matt said, happy to see the knee in the initial stages, but I can't see what is now being gained by continuing the action. So support the Darts in not now Taking the Knee. All in it together.
Kebabus

Post by Kebabus »

Stand up to racism