Danny Leonard (Sub)
No votes
Luke Allen (Sub)
4%

Total votes: 27

Sleightly Deceptive

Re: Dartford v Concord Rangers Tue 25 Jan 2022 - KO 7.45

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

Babylon wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:57 am Well I am a season ticket holder and for the 1st time I can remember I couldn't be bothered to go to the game tonight.
I am not enjoying watching the team at present because it is pretty dire and boring.
I Will be carry on supporting my club but I will.not stand in the freezing cold to watch rubbish and players who do not seem that bothered.
My thoughts too. I nearly left at half time for the same reasons and I certainly can’t be arsed to watch this crap at Tonbridge. Ebbsfleet must be laughing their wotsits off. And Needham, who were represented at PP last night. What on earth is happening?
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

Something just isn’t right - there is no other explanation for it! It’s a massive dilemma for the manager. Some have said too much tinkering with the line-up. I’ve said the same all along. I get that SK is trying his best to find a winning solution but surely now it’s about getting back to a winning habit. Select your strongest team available Mr King and put them out on the pitch and let’s see what they can do. Come on, we need a change of mindsets out there!!
Trevor B

Post by Trevor B »

I have to agree with these comments
Babylon wrote: ↑Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:57 am
Well I am a season ticket holder and for the 1st time I can remember I couldn't be bothered to go to the game tonight.
I am not enjoying watching the team at present because it is pretty dire and boring.
I Will be carry on supporting my club but I will not stand in the freezing cold to watch rubbish and players who do not seem that bothered.
My thoughts too. I nearly left at half time for the same reasons and I certainly can’t be arsed to watch this crap at Tonbridge. Ebbsfleet must be laughing their wotsits off. And Needham, who were represented at PP last night. What on earth is happening?
I went to tonight's game mainly because I couldn't go to last Saturdays game and wished I hadn't bothered it was that bad.
With results showing DLDDD I can understand DRAB LACKLUSTRE DULL DISAPPOINTIING & DISMAL for our current performances and if we get a match postponed I could quote P POOR or PATHETIC :(
I along with several other fans in the bar just could not understand the line up that Steve had picked it was almost as if we were picking a very defensive backs to the wall type of team with little chance of creating chances from midfield and three forwards who were unlikely to get any goals due to no wingers starting.
I cannot remember their keeper having to make any real saves as we blasted the few chances we had over the bar and I like many others gave my MOM to Dan who saved us from defeat yet again.
Bkev180

Post by Bkev180 »

Very disappointed I thought porter was only player giving it ago he gets taken of no sign of Dan Roberts again everyone knows we play better with 2 wingers stretch teams which allows midfield to play ade has lost all confidence beginning of season was winning headers last night no sign of it

Time for board to back steve let him use nnor money
tommytollbooth

Post by tommytollbooth »

I really can't add anything to the above postings we have really lost our way and apart from Dan Wilkes and Jake Robinson our players look very mediocre. The MOM were the 850 of us who watched it in the cold especially the supporters behind the goal who tried to lift the team. Looking at the League Table Dorking look nailed on to finish champions.
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

Undercover Elephant

Post by Undercover Elephant »

Have to agree with what’s been said here, Steve needs to sit down and work out where the lovely free flowing football has gone.
Tonight we was just served up sloops from the bottom of the barrel!
We was totally out of formation, no width, long high balls that we all hate and looked terrible at the back.

If something doesn’t change soon, then we might just as well kiss promotion goodbye.
Two wins in the last 13 league games is not the stuff of winners, it’s relegation form and we should count ourselves lucky we had the start we did. Otherwise we would hear the knifes being sharpened….

And why the hell just George Porter have to argue with every ref, it does my fxxxing head in!

See you at Tonbridge!
Babylon

Post by Babylon »

Well., I will take my tin hat off because I expected some flak for my reasons for not bothering to go last night.

I have seen lots of highs and lows at DFC since 1958(my first game) and driving home on Saturday I decided that I need a break from the garbage that is being produced on the pitch.
I can take defeat but indifference and lack of interest is not what I am prepared to put up with.
We cannot be relegated this season , so let's have shape up or ship out policy for every one of the players who are just going through the motions.

Whatever is wrong in that dressing room needs sorting quickly......

There are only 2 constants with any football club....
The stadium and the fans.
I can't speak for all Dartford fans but a lot of our them are not happy campers, not necessarily with the results but with the dross we have endured since Sudbury.
Rant over
Gary C

Post by Gary C »

The 5th Searcher wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:38 pm
Park Life wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:27 pm Has anyone got any idea what the 50/50 number was and tonights attendance?
I think it was 10136 for £158
10193 - £158 prize
Top Cat

Post by Top Cat »

That must go down as one of the worst performances I’ve ever seen from any Dartford side ? We looked like a group of lads who’ve just met at the local pub and decided to have a kick-about with another group of lads from the neighbouring pub who were just as bad ?because let’s face it , Concorde we’re no great shakes themselves, but they made us look very ordinary . I can’t recall the Concorde Keeper having to make one save ? We had No width ,no creativity or Steele in midfield , gaping holes appearing in our defence , and if it wasn’t for Dan in goal our form figures would look even worse than it is now ? So Tonbridge on Saturday and then “ The Things “ on Tuesday night , I would of said nothing less than six points would be acceptable, but under the circumstances I think two points would be a bonus considering our poor run of form lately ?
We are told to keep the faith often on here , and there was even a post about “negativity” ? but you can’t blame fans for being unhappy when they’ve just paid £15 and stood in near freezing conditions to watch such a dreadfully dire performance ?
Come on Dartford we know you are better than the crap we witnessed last night , and hopefully we can show it in the next two games ; but can’t say I’m confident .
My MOTM was Jake Robinson , at 35 years years old he still gives 100% and as we know with the right service he will always bag a goal or two , but unfortunately last night he spent ninety minutes chasing a lost cause .
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Gary C wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:38 am
Park Life wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:27 pm Has anyone got any idea what the 50/50 number was and tonights attendance?
10193 - £158 prize
Thanks
DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

Wilks made some more good saves and Robinson looked most hungry - his effort was exemplary and how unlucky with the bar rattler in stoppage time - but I feel that praise also ought to go to our captain last night. I could sense his frustration as he pushed forward, particularly in the first half.
There was a moment in the second half where Azeez collected the ball just inside his own half after yet another scrappy passage of play, had a look around and ultimately had to play backwards. Things like this can ‘just happen’ in football, but for me this was symptomatic of what has been setting in for DFC over the last 10-12 games. I have been vocal (at the games, not on here) about SK’s apparent disdain of wing play. There is no point in fielding Azeez if there is no service from the touchline. As someone else has pointed out, he is now failing to win anything in the air.

This is obviously King’s biggest hurdle since arriving at PP. I reckon he has the nous to turn it around and finish the season strongly. Fingers firmly crossed.

COYD
The Futures White

Post by The Futures White »

I think that last nights performance was the worst that I have seen since Steve King took charge, even worse than the 4-0 defeat at Maidstone (and that's saying something!). At times it was like a kickabout in a school playground. Someone kicks the ball and about 15 people chase after it.

We started the season by taking 22 points out of a possible 24, playing some great stuff along the way and looking virtually unbeatable. Since the second half capitulation at Sudbury in the FA Cup we have taken 13 points out of a possible 39 in the league. Some of the performances have been ok (Oxford at home and Hemel away spring to mind) but some have been dire to say the least. What's happened to cause the huge downturn in form I don't know........answers on a postcard Mr S King, c/o Princes Park.

Has something happened behind the scenes that we don't know about?, has Kingy lost the dressing room or vice versa?, has there been a falling out among the players?.....who knows, the fans are struggling to make sense of it all!.

It was mentioned in a previous post about George Porter constantly arguing with the ref and that is true, he does but Tom Bonner is no different and Vint isn't far behind him. Once a ref has made a decision he's not going to change his mind (unless he has the luxury of VAR) and there is no point in berating him for the next two minutes. By all means get your point across to the ref but leave it at that. Perhaps if they concentrated on the game instead of chasing the ref around the pitch we wouldn't be struggling so badly. You could hear a fair number of fans last night shouting at the players to shut up and get on with the game.

Talking of Ronnie Vint, the challenge by the touch line that he attempted to make on one of the Concord players in the second half was embarrassing. A combination of the Concord player being quick and Ronnie being slow meant that the Concord player didn't end up on the terrace with the supporters. He could have been badly hurt if Ronnie had fully connected with him.

There are a few positives to take at the moment. We are still unbeaten at home, although one win out of the last six games isn't great. We still have the second best defensive record in the division but are the second lowest scorers out of the top 12 teams. We are still well placed in the play offs but that is down to none of the other teams in there apart from Dorking and Maidstone are playing well either. A few other sides such as Eastbourne, Hemel and Hampton & R have started picking up points are just outside the play offs.

I sincerely hope that Steve King and the players can stop the rot and get back to playing to level we were earlier in the season. The smiles back on everyone's faces, on and off the terraces, would be good to see.
dartLion

Post by dartLion »

Haven't posted here for a while and whenever I do it has most widely already been said. On this occasion I have only just thawed out, cannot believe how cold it was at PP last night, perhaps the lack of excitement and positive result made it colder.
And I can't disagree with most of what has been said. I will hold my hands up though as one who was critical of the negativity on here when this disappointing run started and doom was forecast by some. But SK's record here and at Welling, led me to believe any dip of form would soon be rectified and that excellent early season football would be flowing again. Sadly it's not and team selection and structure is rightly being questioned. So I apologise to anyone I may have offended with my earlier remarks.
Someone commented on Saturday how the spark seemed to have drained from Kingy's after match comments, I noticed that too. I have no idea how the transfer system responsibility works at PP, ie manager, manager and Board or just Board? Was SK's glumness because he had been instructed to let Noor go? Or are there other problems between manager and Board or in the dressing room? And no-one seems to have mentioned the loss of Jernade, I rated him as top man both in defence and getting forward, although our problems started before his injury, but now with both him and Noor out of running, this problem may be more difficult to fix without new blood. Jernade is missed big time in my eyes.
So with Dorking looking capable of taking the title, we still have the play-offs to pursue, let's at least see that as a positive, as long as we can turn this corner. At least I can make a positive season ticket sales pitch, last night only cost me £6.50 to get frozen with my old gits ticket!!
Say it again, Saturday may see more positives, KTF, see you at Tonbridge!
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

Winning number was 10193 and was claimed unlike the Weymouth draw which is still unclaimed.
Spike

Post by Spike »

The 0-0 score-line makes it sound better than it was. Absolutely dreadful performance in which we showed no flair whatsoever. It was dull, lifeless dross from start to finish, without doubt the worst game I've seen under Steve King's reign. I have a lot of faith in Steve King and I know he has a great record and he certainly is a better manager than I could ever be, but I can't pretend I wasn't completely bemused by the team selection and the way we set up last night. The bright free flowing football that we were playing early season was some of the best I have EVER seen from a Dartford team, but we seem to have almost completely ditched the exciting wide play and it simply isn't working and our current form is that of a relegation side. On Saturday, in the first half, we saw a brief glimpse of it again and I was greatly encouraged, so I can't pretend I wasn't disappointed when I saw last night's team sheet. The group I stand with were all of a similar mind and despite our very low pre-match expectations, the performance was even worse than we imagined.

It is very difficult to take positives out of last night's game, but I will try and find some. We are still unbeaten at home, still in the mix (amazingly) for the play-offs and still in 3 cup competitions. On Saturday we have a chance to get into the quarter-finals of the FA Trophy and a possible trip to Wembley. The season is by no means over and we could still turn this around, but for this to happen there has to be a massive improvement and a return to form. God only knows how we achieve this, but all I would ask is that we have a go at teams even if it leaves us a bit vulnerable at the back. I'd rather watch us go down all guns blazing than suffer another 90 minutes of torture like we endured last night.

Thank heavens for Dan Wilks and my MOTM Jake Robinson, who worked his socks off all night. Even in the dying minutes I saw him chase back over 80 yards to close down an opponent. Us fans appreciate that sort of thing and at 35 years old, Jake is an absolute marvel.
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

To much tinkering and no plan B.
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Kingy should forget training on thursday , get ALL the squad together and watch the video highlights of the 1st 8 games of the season , most of the line up are still in the squad so play the same system and then we might just see an improvement on the crap served up recently !!!!!!!!!!
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Blimey, I'm certainly glad I decided not to go. Stayed in and did the ironing. I would have gone if I'd still been living in Darenth, but It looks as if I made the right decision and moved.
I don't understand Sleightly's quip about Ebbsfleet laughing their wotsit's off as their last two results are nothing to shout about. Although Kutrieb probably had his team in command throughout the game like he did with against us. Shame his German counterpart can't seem to do 90 minutes at the moment.
Anyway, it's a shame about our loss of form and I don't think I'll be making the trip to Tonbridge either if last nights reports are anything to go by.
Seems to be turning into a two horse race at the moment but then give Dorking time on top spot for the curse to find them out.
Aprouddart

Post by Aprouddart »

Its all been said already but to reiterate.

Very poor performance and up there as one of the worst football matches I have ever seen, two very poor teams
that both looked like relegation candidates. Only plus was somehow we managed not to get defeated.