Park Life

Re: Dartford v Concord Rangers Tue 25 Jan 2022 - KO 7.45

Post by Park Life »

Sub:-
Allen for Theobalds.
Grassbank

Post by Grassbank »

Listening to the very good commentary. Hoping we can score a goal tonight, but it does not sound very hopeful. The only match in our league this evening without a goal.

Come on you DARTS!
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

Wilksy MOTM for the fourth game on the spin for me. That says about all I can for this abysmal side at the moment. Thank heavens for the great start to the season. That should give us a respectable mid-table finish. If we think we’re gonna mount a challenge, we’re deluded. Too many shocking performances by too many players. I’m afraid to say Kingy has made a bit of a mess of things. It isn’t a flash in the pan. It’s regular now. No midfield. No width. Lone and ineffective strikers. Chopping and changing. If anyone has his ear, tell him action needs to be done. And NOW!
BAWArmy

Post by BAWArmy »

I honestly don't know what to say, there seemed to be no fight in this team whatsoever.

We seemed to be going route one but not challenging for the headers/losing every second ball, the midfield were non existent in helping out the defence/wide players. Ade struggles in games where we aren't pumping crosses into the box from wide and tonight was one of those games I'm very surprised he lasted the full 90 but would be unfair to single him out as the majority of the team put in extremely poor performances tonight. Only players I can credit were Wilks and Robinson; Wilks making a few huge saves again and thought Robinson's press/energy up top was unmatched, and of course had the best chance right at the end. Going to give Wilksy my MOTM vote for earning us a point.

This isn't a blip anymore, this is a real cause for concern. I've always said I back and trust Kingy as one of the top managers in the league and I continue to do so however he needs funds to bring in multiple players that will get us back on track. Forget about the title, that's gone. We need to focus on remaining in playoff places.
Pedro

Post by Pedro »

BAWArmy wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:15 pm I honestly don't know what to say, there seemed to be no fight in this team whatsoever.

We seemed to be going route one but not challenging for the headers/losing every second ball, the midfield were non existent in helping out the defence/wide players. Ade struggles in games where we aren't pumping crosses into the box from wide and tonight was one of those games I'm very surprised he lasted the full 90 but would be unfair to single him out as the majority of the team put in extremely poor performances tonight. Only players I can credit were Wilks and Robinson; Wilks making a few huge saves again and thought Robinson's press/energy up top was unmatched, and of course had the best chance right at the end. Going to give Wilksy my MOTM vote for earning us a point.

This isn't a blip anymore, this is a real cause for concern. I've always said I back and trust Kingy as one of the top managers in the league and I continue to do so however he needs funds to bring in multiple players that will get us back on track. Forget about the title, that's gone. We need to focus on remaining in playoff places.
Spot on.
KSTDART

Post by KSTDART »

Another of change of formation but still no improvement.
We started off badly , it went down hill in the middle apart from another superb save by Wilks and the the end was a steaming pile of turd 💩 with the exception of a Robbo strike which came back off the bar .
I really think we need to go back to basics 442 and get some bloody crosses into the box .
Last edited by KSTDART on Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
oranj

Post by oranj »

What an absolutely abysmal, miserable, inept and passionless performance.

We started the game with a 5-3-2 formation, but it quickly emerged that this was a flat back five, with the supposed wing backs offering close to zero width and attacking threat. This is against a team that lost 4-1 on Saturday. I don’t think King has done an awful lot wrong this season, but I think this was a real error.

What was our tactic? Long balls from the back up to our strikers who barely won a ball all game. The midfield was non-existent. Again. We’ve sold our best player and are suffering.

This continued until roughly the 75th minute, when Kalala and Leonard were introduced. However, the long balls persisted. We hit the bar in extra time, but we didn’t deserve to get anything at all from this game.

This is another awful game in a run of bad form that stretches back to October. Have we hit rock bottom? If Tonbridge watched tonight’s game they’ll be confident of three points on Saturday.
Sennocke

Post by Sennocke »

Poor performance again tonight , midfield either absent or second best ... I thought the Concord number 7 was superb ,he was everwhere..Come on Dartford get a grip and turn it round for Saturday...
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

No wins in last 6 games total of 4pts , 21st [ and last] in form table hardly play of form . Kingys faith in current squad has been misguided as they have let him down and surely now he must show some the exit door as Feb/March are key months

Noticable that Maidstone have brought in 2 strikers on loan from higher leagues in the past 2 weeks , sounds like positive Management to me !!!!
Silverado

Post by Silverado »

I wish I'd stayed at home doing the ironing instead of watching that dross in the near-freezing cold. After tonight I'm seriously thinking of giving the Ebsfleet game a miss next week. :cry:
DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

The Duke wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:47 pm No wins in last 6 games total of 4pts , 21st [ and last] in form table hardly play of form . Kingys faith in current squad has been misguided as they have let him down and surely now he must show some the exit door as Feb/March are key months

Noticable that Maidstone have brought in 2 strikers on loan from higher leagues in the past 2 weeks , sounds like positive Management to me !!!!
On the plus side, over the last FIVE games, we are only 20th in the form guide (above Concord :oops: )
MickW

Post by MickW »

That was a hard watch - every single outfield player seemed to be badly off form.
We really didn't deserve a point we were so poor.
Steve King is in danger of losing the fans if there is no improvement soon.
Wilkes gets MoM by default.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Have to admit that was one of the most disappointing performances i've seen since Steve came to the club.
We changed formation and players from Saturday but unfortunately it didn't work, i wouldn't fault the players as they all put a shift in but we looked like 11 individuals and not a team.

Thought when we brought the wide players on it stretched them and we looked more dangerous in the last 10-15 mins and created 3 or 4 decent chances so probably should have gone with that from the start.

When we have been at our best under Steve the wide players have played a key part of this and i think we need to get back to that. I'd also go with the same formation for a few games and just the odd tweak in personnel hear and there to try and get going again.

On a night of disappointment we have some positives, although we're on a poor run were still not losing many, lots of teams around us are also dropping points and we are still well placed in the league. I'm confident Steve will sort it and bet he's hurting as much as us so we need to stick together and support through the good and not so good times.

COYD
Ajaxman DFC

Post by Ajaxman DFC »

Following the stats on Skybet didn't make good reading. Concord had the majority of possession throughout the game, 10 more dangerous attacks than Darts, 6 shots on target to our 2, shots off target by the same ratio, 8 corners to our 1, all by the time the clock entered the 86th minute. I couldn't look at it anymore, but what I can gather it didn't get any better during the remaining minutes.

It will not only be interesting to see if some players are moved on but equally moved on by whome. How much will Steve King be involved? Will he be consulted at all?

Looking at the body language during his post-match H&R interview he looked so dejected and let down. Was it solely down to the players, or was it more than that?
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Has anyone got any idea what the 50/50 number was and tonights attendance?
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

50/50 was 101*** something! I had 106***, nowhere near it!!
BAWArmy

Post by BAWArmy »

Park Life wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:27 pm Has anyone got any idea what the 50/50 number was and tonights attendance?
877 I think was the attendance, no idea on 5050
The 5th Searcher

Post by The 5th Searcher »

Park Life wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:27 pm Has anyone got any idea what the 50/50 number was and tonights attendance?
I think it was 10136 for £158
The 5th Searcher

Post by The 5th Searcher »

We was an absolute pile of shit again tonight with the only players coming out with any credit whatsoever was Wilkes for his saves & Robinson for his non stop running, closing down & his shot in injury time smashing the bar.
We played like a bunch of complete strangers with absolutely no width whatsoever thanks to playing without wingers.
Wynter & Innocent was supposed to be wing backs but neither got forward at all.
Why the hell we played with 3 centre backs I’ve no clue, Vint should never have started, Theobolds did nothing at all in central midfield and was very weak being knocked off the ball far to often. Leonard & Kalala should’ve started from the beginning instead of bench warming.
I’m afraid things just seem to be going from bad to worse at the moment and I have no idea where King can go from here.
The players are seriously becoming a major let down and it could be time for Kingy to have a bit of a clear out because the way we are going we won’t even make the play off’s let alone promotion.

Concord are a dire side but they looked the more dangerous of the two teams tonight, they made us look very average.

Unless we can start getting a settled side playing the same formation for a few weeks then I really can’t see our results improving. There is far to much tinkering with the team & formations for any player to be able to settle properly, I don’t think we’ve actually had the same team start a game this season have we without some form of change being made.
On paper and as individual players we’ve got a fantastic squad but football isn’t played on paper and isn’t an individual sport it’s a team game played on grass.

Let’s start playing as a SETTLED TEAM PLEASE, not as a bunch of individuals.
Babylon

Post by Babylon »

Well I am a season ticket holder and for the 1st time I can remember I couldn't be bothered to go to the game tonight.
I am not enjoying watching the team at present because it is pretty dire and boring.
I Will be carry on supporting my club but I will.not stand in the freezing cold to watch rubbish and players who do not seem that bothered.