Ade Azeez (Sub)
No votes
Tyrique Hyde (Sub)
No votes

Total votes: 37

Ajaxman DFC

Re: Dartford v Hampton & Richmond Sat 22nd Jan 2022 - 3pm

Post by Ajaxman DFC »

I sincerely hope Steve King got a decent deal with Southend United for Noor, who we sorely missed today.
If not, and the deal was brokered by the old guard, then John Still has probably got him for next to nothing.
If that's the case, then don't be surprised if SK moves on to pastures new next season.
BAWArmy

Post by BAWArmy »

Ajaxman DFC wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:59 pm I sincerely hope Steve King got a decent deal with Southend United for Noor, who we sorely missed today.
If not, and the deal was brokered by the old guard, then John Still has probably got him for next to nothing.
If that's the case, then don't be surprised if SK moves on to pastures new next season.
If that happens we are f*cked. King is one of the best managers at this level, now is the time to back him (both club and fans). If we lose King then we can forget about any kind of promotion anytime soon
Babylon

Post by Babylon »

Very frustrating , we were simply not good enough.
Relying on one man to score the goals.
The midfield outplayed and 2 poor goals conceded.
We are looking more and more like a mid table team.

H&R were quicker than us and wanted it more imo played the better football.
Whatever happened to the team that started the season because consistency has gone out of the window.with this team imo.
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

BAWArmy wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:17 pm
Ajaxman DFC wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:59 pm I sincerely hope Steve King got a decent deal with Southend United for Noor, who we sorely missed today.
If that happens we are f*cked. King is one of the best managers at this level, now is the time to back him (both club and fans). If we lose King then we can forget about any kind of promotion anytime soon
Totally agree with that 👏👏
Dart Mark

Post by Dart Mark »

Was feeling very positive at half time but the 2nd half was a terrible performance. All we can do is move on to Tuesday night

Well done to medics/physios and anyone who helped with the medical emergency. These incidents are becoming quite common but I'm glad to hear the person is ok.
DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

Little foray onto the H&R forum unearthed the following comments:

- Dartford were a bit ordinary and mystifyingly slow in the second half.
- Stonewall penalty on 88 minutes (I was very relieved to see the ref wave play on).
- Some of their supporters were shouted and sworn at when leaving by a small group of ours.

We need to win on Tuesday, but thank goodness we didn’t lose yesterday!
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

First half we looked good going forward and although Hampton were threatening on the break the game should have been over at HT but the missed chances cost us dearly.
Glorious chance again at the star of the 2nd half to go 3-1 up but after that Hampton had the better of the half, our 2nd half performance was not good.

The goals we conceded looked poor so interested to see the highlights, also a few big decisions i'd like to see again.

Ref got worse as the game went on, bit like us unfortunately.

Obviously losing Noor is a big loss but it's always a possibility something like that will happen.
For me the club should already have announced they are using Noors transfer fee to back Steve in signing a couple of new players, we need to act now as there's no point having this money in the bank as a couple of new faces could help kick start us again.
Jonty

Post by Jonty »

There were some key moments in the game yesterday where we could have put the game to bed:

1) Shortly before H & R got their first goal one of our players decided to allow the ball to bounce instead of heading it away from a dangerous area, this was straight after Danny, Kalvin & Kieran had opportunities to double the lead.
2) The cutback from Luke Allen to Danny should have resulted in a goal, to me, it looked like it was already goal-bound before Ade made sure. Then the flag went up!
3) The penalty looked very soft but then again, I was a long way from the action. Maybe there was no need to go in so heavy-handed with the challenge.
4) The point-blank shot from Tom has to go in. I know that he will be disappointed with that effort and he really should have put his boot throught the ball instead of trying to place the ball into the net.

In short, some big decisions/missed opportunities cost us 2 points on the day. SK really wanted to talk about the officials on Radio Kent but was wise to bite his tongue but I can feel his frustration as their decisions made a massive impact on the game. He sounded dejected but I feel that some of our players let him down big time and owe him a glass of sherry with a cocktail cherry on top. I agree with PL's comments on the Noor saga and SK must be allowed to spend any available transfer money to boost our squad.

Also very disappointing to hear DA Mikey's comments on the verbal abuse, this is unacceptable.
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

The Hampton performance made it a very enjoyable game to watch. It showed us how predictable we are and how our drop in the table is not a surprise. Yes, we have lost Noor, but were we really reliant on his game? It's looks as though we were.
I enjoyed watching H&R. Young and very fast and unlucky not to have won. No amount of players in their team showed electrifying speed with/and without the ball. Crikey, we could have done with a few of them. 14,21,8 and 16 stood out, even the subs frightened us with their speed.
We looked tired and the midfield?? as KST stated, the emergency crew were faster.
A poor show and Kingy sounded disappointed in the performance and overall to me.
My MOTM, their numbers 14, 21, 8, and 16
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Based on Kingys comments on Radio Kent it seems at last the penny has dropped and a number of his squad are not [currently] up to the standard and either need a loan to get their [ scoring] confidence back or shown the exit door - his decision !! . Add to this the Husin money to go out and get at least 3 quality players [ incl another1/2 strikers] which will give both the team and the fans the boost that is needed

As a fan I want to see positive action taken [ even IF we fall short] rather than hear that we are the unluckiest team in the league as the Ref gives us f... all , wrong offside decisions and players who [ continually] cant score from 4 yards out !!!

Over to you Mr King !!!!!!!!!!!!!
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

Why don’t you sell up & buy a Houseboat on the Thames Ozy?
That way you can watch them every game!!
The Futures White

Post by The Futures White »

The Duke wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:20 pm Based on Kingys comments on Radio Kent it seems at last the penny has dropped and a number of his squad are not [currently] up to the standard and either need a loan to get their [ scoring] confidence back or shown the exit door - his decision !! . Add to this the Husin money to go out and get at least 3 quality players [ incl another1/2 strikers] which will give both the team and the fans the boost that is needed

As a fan I want to see positive action taken [ even IF we fall short] rather than hear that we are the unluckiest team in the league as the Ref gives us f... all , wrong offside decisions and players who [ continually] cant score from 4 yards out !!!

Over to you Mr King !!!!!!!!!!!!!
From what I've heard the (undisclosed) transfer fee that we got for Noor Husin was pretty poor, nothing like the 35K that Southend reportedly paid for Harry Cardwell from Chorley on Thursday, and if that is true I can't see us getting much for our money in the way of new players. Having only won 2 of our last 12 league games something has to change very soon. Three points on Tuesday evening would be a good place to start.
Spike

Post by Spike »

I thought going forward, we played very well in the first half and had lots of width and created loads of chances. Kalala and Leonard were doing an excellent job and if you give Jake chances you know he will score. That said, we can't rely entirely on Jake and we need a few more names on the scoresheet. Had we put our chances away we could have been out of sight by half-time, but once again we fell short and that, coupled with the defensive error of mis-timing the bounce of the ball, meant that for all our creative endeavour we only held a slender 2-1 lead. To be fair, Hampton had a few tricky players up front (No 21 in particular) and they did pose us a few problems defensively. Nevertheless, at half-time I was feeling reasonably optimistic that if things continued in the same vein we would get the 3 points.

Unfortunately I hadn't reckoned on such a woefully inadequate second half performance. We were awful in the second period, once again squandering great chances and then gradually falling apart. By the closing stages we were desperately hanging on for the draw and as is becoming the norm, had to rely on Dan Wilks to save the day. It would be all too easy to blame this dismal 45 mins on Noor's absence, but we proved in the first half that we can play without him and in any case, poor performances have become a little too commonplace recently, even when Noor was in the team. The current form table shows us in 16th place, barely above relegation form, and even the most optimistic fans amongst us must be realising that any hopes of winning the league are all but gone. I still think we have a great squad of individuals but for some reason they just can't put 90 minutes together and we need dramatic improvement if we are even to hold on to a play-off spot. I can't for the life of me understand how we've gone from being so good to so bad, but the truth is that the bad run is now longer than the good run and whilst we have some very good players, we don't currently look like a very good team.

Despite all of that, the league table has been kind to us and amazingly we are somehow still sitting in 5th place. As disappointing as it has all been, we are still unbeaten at home and still in the mix for the play-offs. We still have a chance in the FA Trophy and there is still everything to play for. If anyone can turn this around then Steve King can. Things would look so much brighter with a couple of wins.

MOTM: I did consider voting Dan Wilks for the third week in a row, but in the end had to go with Jake Robinson whose goal-scoring prowess serves as a beacon of hope in an otherwise sea of darkness.
Kebabus

Post by Kebabus »

Arrrgh! More points dropped….it’s not only points we are wasting it’s money…golden opportunity in FA Cup and we blew it!

How can we be so great first 10 games and end up here? No pressure Kingy but answers on a postcard pls
DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

Spike wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:09 pm MOTM: I did consider voting Dan Wilks for the third week in a row, but in the end had to go with Jake Robinson whose goal-scoring prowess serves as a beacon of hope in an otherwise sea of darkness.
Echoed my sentiments exactly
Aprouddart

Post by Aprouddart »

Not sure if we have gone backwards or other teams have just got better. In many recent performances we
have been out battled and out worked by the opposition and yesterday especially in the 2nd half, that was
very much the case. Hampton looked fitter and faster than us across most positions. On so many occasions
whilst we were waiting for the ball to come/arrive Hampton players nipped in and nicked it or won
the ball whilst we were dawdling. There was a time mid second half when Hampton realised the game was there
for the taking and I was hoping to hold out for the draw. Without Robbos's smart finishing we could have been
on real trouble. Need 6 points from the next 2 games otherwise we are heading for mid table mediocrity.
Babylon

Post by Babylon »

Agree with a proud dart
Hampton were quicker and could have won it.
I wish I knew what was wrong.
We look more and more like a mid table outfit.
We have no divine right to win games but I am baffled as to where the free-flowing football and goalscoring has gone!!
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Whilst we are unbeaten at PP the 5 draws have cost us dearly !!!!!
JCJ

Post by JCJ »

Poor second half but still should have won

Listening to Kingys interview on radio kent he sounded frustrated and dejected and a couple of times said he couldn’t say much and sounded really pissed off that Noor had been sold during a promotion push, I do worry he might feel what’s the point and move on , Also where were the the coaches who normally train them before the game is Craig still with the club and I didn’t see the goalkeeper coach either yesterday ?
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Steve's post match interview:-