My point exactly Dean 😁😁😁😁
Silverado

Re: Fa Trophy 5th round Needham Market v Dartford Sat 12 Feb 2022

Post by Silverado »

Midnight - and only 4 votes for MOTM. Speaks volumes. :(
DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

Unless I’ve got it wrong, NMFC have erected “the HUB” since we last visited. This is a building which doubles as relief for the existing bar plus match officials area and private function room. Given that there was at least twice as many fans as our last visit and I suspect over three times their usual attendance, this seemed like a smart move. However, if Needham Market are drawn at home in the next round and / or climb the leagues, they are most likely going to have to review the use of “the HUB”, since at best it provides the above and a nice view of the game with a drink, but can also readily become a watchtower from which to goad and verbally abuse people in the wrong occupancy.
The fracas which broke out between the watchtower and clubhouse yesterday was an absolute disgrace, but will happen again unless NM can cut their crowds to 300 home plus a couple of dozen visitors. It’s not the clubs fault per se, but all it takes is a few too many drinks in the wrong personnel and the gaff will be flooded with police again like yesterday. Thankfully, I don’t think anyone was badly hurt, although there were a few bruises and scrapes to some very unlikely (and undeserving) parties; the fact that it all happened around a ping pong table made it all the more bizarre.
Good luck to the Marketmen in their run, I assume they played some better football at Huish Park and against Wealdstone (unless both of those teams had very bad days too), they will not get a better chance of progressing if their next opponents play like we did. As others have suggested - another day in Suffolk to forget, although I don’t think we will for a while…
Spike

Post by Spike »

Good luck to Needham, they were worthy winners. Other than that, the less said about yesterday's debacle the better. Tuesday can't come quick enough.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

We missed Tom Bonners influence yesterday, the guy is a leader on and off the field.

Hungerford here we come.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Pen or not???? :x :x It looks like some of their players are laughing.

Babylon

Post by Babylon »

A very iffy penalty but we didn't turn up and got what our lack of ideas deserved.
On too more important matters ie. Promotion
dartLion

Post by dartLion »

Agree with Spike the least said about the game yesterday the better.
The best entertainment for me was the arrival of four response vehicles at the bowls and cricket club where we were parked, and where the two supporters coaches were also parked up. The scene was like Keystone Cops as officers flooded this area, running around like headless chickens looking for "the trouble", then setting off the wrong way up a cul de sac! Disgraceful of course that they needed to be called out, and I imagine the fire was out by the time they found the ground. Just hope none of ours were involved, hurt or in trouble.
Good luck to Needham who seemed more up for yesterday, and their set up should they be drawn at home in the quarters.
DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

Be remiss of me not to mention the pleasure of seeing Mr. Keith Lard at the game yesterday. It’s been years and was genuinely lovely to catch up with the Lardster.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Match Highlights:-

Tony H

Post by Tony H »

Most definitely one to forget for many reasons, not just the debacle on the pitch. Move on!
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Steve's post match interview:-

PeteSamson

Post by PeteSamson »

When I saw the penalty clip last night, I thought it was a very dubious penalty award indeed. However, having just viewed the match highlights, and the camera catching the incident fully side on, and with the ref also in view and having a good view too, I thought it was a nailed on, and needless push by Luke with 2 hands on their player, which wasn't able to be seen on last night's clip. So for me, deffo a penalty, sadly. Sorry Steve.

Fortunately, we have the game on Tuesday, to concentrate our minds on the league, and take our mind off this disappointment.

I didn't think Needham were particularly either, but they have now done the business against Yeovil and Wealdstone, so we knew what to expect. Good luck to them. A bit surprised at the announced attendance of 1011, a little bit lower than what was being hyped up prior to the game, with 1800 being talked about.
Spike

Post by Spike »

I agree Pete. I was too far away to tell at the game and the original video I saw was from a different angle and I was furious when I saw that one as I thought we'd been stitched up. But you are correct, the match highlights clearly show it was a shove in the back and like it or not that's a penalty. It's no good complaining that it was only a little shove, it was still a foul. I don't doubt that many refs would undoubtedly have played on for a soft penalty like that, but this one chose not to. I would be happy to have a debate about inconsistency over such decisions, but for me there is no debate to be had about whether or not it was a foul because it clearly was. An unnecessary one at that.
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Didn't go, but reading the report in the NLP, they hit the woodwork three times!! Sounds to me like they deserved it.
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Ozy , they 100% deserved it , previous Posters have said it all [ many being too kind !!] , I was impressed with their team ethic[ reminded me of Tony Burmans early teams ] . their Manager's interview was class and they have done a great job bringing youngsters through from their Academy to 1st team status , 3 or 4 of them should play at a higher level , I thought their No2 was terrific

Top marks to Jake and Dan for coming over to the fans after the game[ the rest didnt bother ] also Tom Bonner talking to the fans , hope he was saying sorry[ on behalf of the team] and NOT blaming the Ref or the Pitch
dartLion

Post by dartLion »

Duke, I think the players couldn't wait to get away from the understandable celebrations of the home team. However, they did come back out to acknowledge the fans who by then had got round to the halfway line. Maybe it was a second thought but at least they made the effort.
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

Kingy in his interview said he wanted the team off the pitch asap!! (2 may have lagged behind?) But fair play to the boys for coming back out under those circumstances!!
tommytollbooth

Post by tommytollbooth »

Needham home to Stockport County in the Qtr-Finals, good draw for them.
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

Stockport won’t relish playing on that ploughed field of a pitch, it’s a great leveller, so NM done well to get a home draw!!