Covid Restrictions Looming Large

Grassbank

Covid Restrictions Looming Large

Post by Grassbank »

The Queen of Scots (she wishes) has just announced that no more than 500 can watch an outdoor sports event north of the border prior to 16 January 2022. This probably will not affect many Scottish clubs, BUT it has generally been the case that Boris launches his policies through the evolved Scotland and Wales first. No mention of the dreaded vaccine papers yet, but probably only because the technology remains so poor.

Further disastrous news for the economy in general and the hospitality sector in particular. This cannot be allowed to go on in perpetuity. Time for life to return to normal.
Jonty

Re: Covid Restrictions Looming Large

Post by Jonty »

I agree with Phil, you cannot lockdown forever, all that it's doing is delaying the process.
DA Mikey

Re: Covid Restrictions Looming Large

Post by DA Mikey »

What really surprises me is that most of the data collated for positive cases comes from self-declaration via the nhs online form.
In order to work at City Airport a few weeks back and gain entry to the Islington 02 last weekend, I had to perform lateral flow tests. At the airport, the test swab was given to, and registered by a fluorescent jacket at a desk - an independent adjudicator, it could be said.
For the test ‘certificate’ (text message and email) to be allowed into the venue, I simply had to tick the box which said ‘no covid’ instead of the one which said ‘positive’. Had I not wanted to go to the gig and have the ensuing week off of work, it would simply have been a case of ticking ‘some covid’ instead. Even had I genuinely tested positive, I simply could have ticked ‘no covid’ anyway. These are the stats we have been bombarded with every day for well over 18 months.

It is time to accept this virus like so many others; safeguard the elderly and vulnerable as best we can; allow the anxious to take as many inoculations and drugs as they wish and let those who don’t, live their lives without being labelled as social pariahs.

Next….