Ade Azeez (Sub)
No votes
Luke Wanadio (Sub)
No votes

Total votes: 25

dartLion

Ebbsfleet v Dartford Sun 2nd January 2022

Post by dartLion »

Just had a quick look to check on Websfleet's catch up game due to be played tonight vs Bath, (it's been rearranged for their blank Saturday before Christmas) and saw that tickets for our new year game at Stonebridge Road are now on sale. See

https://www.ebbsfleetunited.co.uk/dartf ... -sale-now/

for more information. It says there is no segregation.
MickW

Re: Ebbsfleet v Dartford Sun 2nd January 2022

Post by MickW »

Bought mine
Spike

Post by Spike »

Bought mine too ... and concessions are for over 60s so that extra £3 is going to make my Christmas just that tiny bit more special. :lol:

Anyone else made themselves jump by accidentally smashing some light bulbs at the top of this screen? Little things ...
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

Spike wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 8:26 pm Anyone else made themselves jump by accidentally smashing some light bulbs at the top of this screen? Little things ...
I can turn them off if people don't like it. I'll leave the snow effects for Xmas day :D
Spike

Post by Spike »

On the contrary Rick, I've been enjoying smashing them all night. i.e. Little things ... please little minds like mine.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Me too, very therapeutic... :lol:
PeteSamson

Post by PeteSamson »

I wasn't aware they were there for smashing until you said Spike. As you said, Little things please little minds, .......so I joined in the fun :) :) :)

Must be costing Rick a small fortune to keep replacing them :D :D
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Ah, that's better. I enjoyed that. :D
Trevor B

Post by Trevor B »

Spike there will always be "light at the end of the tunnel" no matter how many times I smash these lights ;)
I have just smashed them then thought of this post and looked up to see that they are back yet again :x
Here goes a smashing time :P
Grassbank

Post by Grassbank »

In view of the dreadful announcement in The Netherlands this evening, I fear that this game will be forced behind closed doors or cancelled. Worse case scenario modelling is about to rule our lives again as one person has died WITH the current variant. I fear for all those in the hospitality sector including our own team at PP. This should be the busiest time of the year and will hit them and the club hard.

This time around there is not likely to be financial support for those put out of work. Some within politics have visibly expressed their concerns in the votes in the House last week. I expect that those in the public who do not agree with any new restrictions that are put in place will more visibly resist this time around.

Last Christmas, my father spent solely in the company of his live-in carer. It was the first Christmas that he spent without any of his family around him. It was his last Christmas. Do not be surprised that I intend to see all of my family this Christmas, irrespective of the rules that the Prime Minister may announce. I regret following the rules last year and will not make the same mistake twice.

This was to be my next game as I have guests visiting Boxing Day. I may leave buying a ticket until some time nearer the New Year.

Merry Christmas to my fellow fans.
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Do we know the parking situation at Northfleet? Are they using the EuroTrain park as they did a couple of seasons ago? I presume they use it for something?
JCJ

Post by JCJ »

ozymandias wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 4:02 pm Do we know the parking situation at Northfleet? Are they using the EuroTrain park as they did a couple of seasons ago? I presume they use it for something?
I got my tickets yesterday and was told they still use the train car park at a cost of £3
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Thanks JCJ.
Disco Stu

Ebbsfleet United preview

Post by Disco Stu »

Happy New Year everyone. Hopefully it will be made even happier tomorrow when we take on the Fleet at their place. It's been a while since we beat them on their own patch in the league (as an away side) so fingers crossed we can start 2022 with maximum points. Here's the match preview https://puredfc.co.uk/
DA Mikey

Re: Ebbsfleet United preview

Post by DA Mikey »

https://www.ebbsfleetunited.co.uk/22-de ... -22-derby/

On top of DS’s usual excellent preview, someone on the dark side has produced a three page history of this derby fixture, spanning three centuries. A good read if you have ten minutes to spare.
Kebabus

Post by Kebabus »

Just read, there is no segregation today
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Well let's hope one of their players doesn't get a headache on the way to the game otherwise they'll want to postpone it :roll: :roll:
I believe the return game at PP is now scheduled for a Tuesday night in January so likely the crowd will be 500-1000 down on what it would have been on Boxing Day, so we'll probably lose about £5,000 - £10,000 in gate receipts :x :x

Don't think we've ever had segregation against them as there's never been any issues before so no reason to start now.

This for me will always be our real "local derby" and with a big crowd expected hope we travel in large numbers again and really get behind the lads.

COYD
Davedart

Post by Davedart »

Exactly, this is our Real local derby and the most eagerly awaited match of the season by far against our local rivals. I got the gist litenening to kingys interview that our rearanged home game against the Fleet is to be on the Tuesday after the Dulwich game which I find very strange due to the busy January schedule with 6 games already planned and also not knowing if any covid restrictions as yet will be implicated. Surely the club should have rescheduled the match well into February or early March in a less congested month and to maximise the number of supporters to attend.
Spike

Post by Spike »

We've always had a healthy rivalry with the Fleet but it's never been hostile and I'm glad they haven't segregated the game. I remain convinced that segregation creates more problems than it solves. It's a massive game today and has always been the biggest derby game in my opinion. A real shame that they couldn't make it on Boxing Day.
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »