Dartford v Ebbsfleet Sun 26 Dec 2021 - Postponed

ozymandias

Re: Dartford v Ebbsfleet Sun 26 Dec 2021

Post by ozymandias »

Will you be there BAWarmy? I do hope so. I know I shall be.
BAWArmy

Post by BAWArmy »

ozymandias wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 4:42 pm Will you be there BAWarmy? I do hope so. I know I shall be.
Of course, only missed 1 home game this season and certainly not missing this one.
Pedro

Post by Pedro »

Balanced (as ever) preview by Steve in KentOnline today. Interesting that he is thinking of brining in players.

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/dartford/s ... ve-259602/

COYD
Gary C

Post by Gary C »

Match off
BRASSNECK

Re: Dartford v Ebbsfleet Sun 26 Dec 2021 - Postponed

Post by BRASSNECK »

Bollocks have a good Christmas. :D
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

Welling v dulwich off as well.
The Futures White

Post by The Futures White »

Eastbourne have also just called off their matches on the 26th and 28th.
Babylon

Post by Babylon »

Disappointed, but not surprised.
The football programme is going to be affected all over the country.
Davedart

Post by Davedart »

Though not knowing how many players affected, I'm surprised with ££££fleets full-time large squad they can't assemble a team on Sunday. One thing for sure even without restrictions a potential 3000 on Sunday will now be nearer 2000 on a cold Tuesday night. And if the Muppet implements further covid restrictions it could be a 500 limit or even 0 depending what happens and when the game is rearranged.
I would hope that both clubs agree a new date nearer to March to have the best chance of allowing the covid issue to improve and to maximise for as many supporters as possible to attend the rearranged fixture.
Ajaxman DFC

Post by Ajaxman DFC »

Davedart wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 10:48 am Though not knowing how many players affected, I'm surprised with ££££fleets full-time large squad they can't assemble a team on Sunday. One thing for sure even without restrictions a potential 3000 on Sunday will now be nearer 2000 on a cold Tuesday night. And if the Muppet implements further covid restrictions it could be a 500 limit or even 0 depending what happens and when the game is rearranged.
I would hope that both clubs agree a new date nearer to March to have the best chance of allowing the covid issue to improve and to maximise for as many supporters as possible to attend the rearranged fixture.

I'm not entirely convinced by Ebbsfleet's statement due to the size of their squad. Is it a case of being without a star player?Could the German have been ordered to play the game as Chelsea's Thomas Tuchel was?
And has our very own Steve King been a little naive with the local media, by not being cagey about players returning from injury for Boxing Day?
Will be interesting to see if the Fleet can field a team for 2nd January.
Their ground. Their gate receipts!
Lennylenny

Post by Lennylenny »

I think tit for tat, don’t give them any gate money etc and home advantage where they would be favourites for the three points.
Davedart

Post by Davedart »

Mmm, also on their website they state no other fixtures are effected due to their isolation period ending, so they will be playing Billericay 2 days later! and us at theirs on the 2nd, interesting they will most likely have a 3point lead by the time we play them at their ground. (Something stinks)
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Davedart wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 12:13 pm Mmm, also on their website they state no other fixtures are effected due to their isolation period ending, so they will be playing Billericay 2 days later! and us at theirs on the 2nd, interesting they will most likely have a 3point lead by the time we play them at their ground. (Something stinks)
I thought they had to have two negative test results before they can confirm their isolation period was over so not sure how they can announce that now????
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

I smell a rat, albeit a small one at this precise moment but still a rodent!!
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

We did call off last seasons game off but regulations at that time were completely different. I believe we only had one case then but that meant the game had to be called off. Since then like it or not the rules have changed significantly so the two situations are completely different.

I've been doing a bit if digging and something is not right in what i'm hearing and reading.

£bbsfl££t have announced "At this point in time due to isolation periods expiring, no other future fixtures are affected"
Full article here:-
https://www.ebbsfleetunited.co.uk/dartf ... oxing-day/

How do they know the isolation periods will end in time for the 28th, you have to have a negative test on day six and seven or have they expired already........!!!!!!

They played Bath on the 18th December so who are the players effected? Do they expect us to believe that all the missing 13/14 players all tested positive on the 19th and if so how do they know they will all test negative before the 28th?? If they've all tested negative now then any of them that played against Bath would surely have had the virus then?? It will be interesting to see who plays for them on the 28th and how many of them did or didn't play against Bath, that will be quite significant.

Whichever way you look at it it doesn't add up, well from what i've been told it does............................
Ajaxman DFC

Post by Ajaxman DFC »

Ebbsfleet United. The isolation mathematicians. Why the bloody hell leave it until the day before Xmas Eve to pull out then, by which time even more tickets would have been sold on-line.
Our two biggest Kent rivals have really excelled themselves in the popularity stakes this season. I really don't know who's worse. Them or Maidscum.
Hopefully karma will come into play. We'll re- arrange the fixture for March.
Then Boris introduces more restrictions after Xmas and Ebbsfleet are made to follow their own isolation data by playing behind closed doors on the 2nd of Jan.
As with the Maidstone fixture, following the disgraceful scenes in the FA Cup, Fleet won't be getting my money anyway.
It will probably be very cold and possibly wet and windy too.
Especially in the exposed area of the ground.
This could cause me to sneeze and my nose to run.
Therefore, as a precaution, I will be declaring myself unfit to pay that day.
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

Blimey Parky, did your Missus get you a magnifying glass & deerstalker hat for Xmas??
Tell me Reg isn’t your Watson?
Fair play to you both though!!
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Here you go, got these details from their website and twitter feed:-

V Bath 18th Dec
Haigh, Kahraman, Jombati, Solly, N’Guessan (Mekki 60), Paxman, Chapman, Cundle, Bingham, Poleon, Romain (Krasniqi 76). Subs: Firth

V Billericay 28th Dec
Haigh, Kahraman, Jombati, Solly, N’Guessan, Mekki, Paxman, Chapman, Cundle, Bingham, Egan, . Subs: Firth, Krasniqi, Poleon, Tanner, Romain

So the 14 that played at Bath were all involved today!!!!

So do they honestly expect us to believe they were all Covid free at Bath on the 18th, then all caught it on the 19th December, then according to their official post on the 24th they would all be recovered in time for the 28th but not against us on the 26th.

TELL ME HOW THEY CAN GET AWAY WITH THIS, IT'S AN ABSOLUTE DISGRACE AND P**S TAKE.

What checks are the league actually making????
Undercover Elephant

Post by Undercover Elephant »

Erm interesting that!
Harry

Post by Harry »

Personally if I don't understand why they wouldn't have wanted to play us on Boxing day, we are currently on a poor run of form.
I am sure when the game is re scheduled we will be in better form with more players available !