Site Admin

Re: Dartford v Billericay Sat 4 Dec 2021

Post by rick »

Steve King Interview - Post Billericay Town

https://twitter.com/i/broadcasts/1OyJADzpNnbGb
rambo

Post by rambo »

An excellent post match interview from kingy. Said it how it is.
I would rather play badly and win than play well and lose , it’s points that count. However clearly we cannot play like that every week as the points tally will soon drop
When I saw the formation I thought ok this is not bad , the wing backs will be released and a lot of crosses will go in the box.
The reality is the wing backs did not push on , they played as traditional full backs. The back three hoofed the ball long and mostly overhit
The midfielders were bypassed and when they occasionally got the ball there was no width so their only option was to poke the ball forward to marked men
All in all ball the game was a shower of poo and one to be forgotten
Thank you for the three points
Last edited by rambo on Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
tommytollbooth

Post by tommytollbooth »

Steve was spot on we were "crap" but 3 big points go in the bag. For where I was standing we were desperately crying out for a winger to give width and pace. MOTM the supporters behind the goal who kept singing in the cold watching our disjointed performance. Lets hope Steve can get the boys going for the games against Maidstone and Ebbsfleet.
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

Ajaxman DFC wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:24 pm I never thought this would be an easy 3 points this afternoon. With other games going our way, as other big hitters take a knock back , it's further evidence of how very competitive this division is, and it's getting stronger every season. (The sooner we get out of it the better).

I heard someone remark on more than one occasion that Billericay didn't look like a bottom of the table side.
Well, quite frankly, I haven't seen any side that looks like that in the National South this season.
These days the NS seems to be a division full of play-off hopefuls.

As the old cliche goes anyone can beat anyone. Therefore 3 points is 3 points at the end of the day. It's not always going to be pretty, but taking into account the unpredictability in the NS, (see some of the other results today) a win is a win.

From now until the end of the season I'll take the points however we do it. It might not always be great for the neutrals, but it's no longer about consolidation with entertainment thrown in. These players are here to win promotion. I will take take a 1-0 all day long now.

And if there is anything predictable among the unpredictable then it's, regardless of their league position, we will continue to face 11 good men, week in week out, who'll be hell bent on stopping us from playing the most effective way they possibly can.

Sorry neutrals.
Totally agree with that mate. Spot on! No easy games, it’s all about mindset and consistency. If it means grinding out results on occasions then so be it!
Babylon

Post by Babylon »

A disjointed performance against oppo who are better than their league position suggests
We needed some width up front to stretch lickabilly's
defence.
An honest and refreshing interview with Kingy shows that he was as unhappy as the rest of us with the performance.
My worry was in the last 10 minutes our oppo would equalise with a deflection or a bad back pass or even
an out of the blue long range effort
We have a good squad but there are several teams in this league who are capable of promotion, so.3 points when we haven't played well is very welcome imo.
On to Maidstone and hopefully 3 points.
Lennylenny

Post by Lennylenny »

Agree with all above comments especially the support being man of the match , those youngsters are gold dust and the future , the one or two old farts who moan about the noise should go follow Maidstone or as it’s known the library! It’s not just the game which makes or breaks a football day, it is also how you are treated while there, and have to say the bar staff upstairs and downstairs are a joy to be served by, always smiling and helpful.The team were miles off the mark today but they are not robots , they gave it everything still and that is all I ask for from any team. Think Addie is due a rest soon he looked tired yesterday tho ran his socks off.
Lennylenny

Post by Lennylenny »

PS. Thought the ref had a really good game , he even got sending off right even without the help of his linesman!
Babylon

Post by Babylon »

The ref was much better than his last performance at PP when he sent Eliot Romain off for two yellows.about 2 years ago and his handling that day was very erratic imo.
He was spot on with the sending off BTW..
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

' Open and Honest' interview with SK!!! What else could he say? 'We were crap' sums it up nicely. Bloody awful performance.
I thought Poland had sole rights to Clowns in goal. But that guy was a laugh a minute.
Anyway, enough about him, my worry is with a performance like that we should be very worried about Maidstone next week, they might score. :D
Ade my MOTM for me as he chased everything that was lumped up front, a lost cause I'm afraid.
If we play like that next week I'll demand my money back. Shape up Dartford. Or one day someone's going to give us a right pasting.
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

I thought Meade, Murtagh, Hyde and to some extent Husin were pure D crap. Apart from the goal, Robinson was poor. Fortunately Wilks could be let off as he hardly had anything to do. The back four are exonerated as the Riccay front line fizzled out T the 18 yard box.
Felt that SK could have put either Leonard or Wanadio on to give a bit of width and stretch their defense. Apart from all that I had a good trip up, laughed myself silly at Steve's interview and then put some decent music on. :D
Trevor B

Post by Trevor B »

S.K. got it absolutely right about the teams performance it was crap but we did get the three points as a win is a win
When you only have one shot on goal in the game and that was after the keeper had been sent off and was easily saved by the reluctant defender wearing the jersey then you are not going to score goals.
Thankfully the early goal by Robinson following the keepers awful error meant that at 1-0 we finished with the win but it will need S.K.'s comments to hit home hard with the players and they must make sure that next week we get back to our best against Maidstone.
No M.O.M. vote from me just bored stiff after this performance and trying to get warmed up during the game just left me wishing the end would come as it was bl**dy cold.
dartLion

Post by dartLion »

ozymandias wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:51 am ' Open and Honest' interview with SK!!! What else could he say? 'We were crap' sums it up nicely. Bloody awful performance.
I thought Poland had sole rights to Clowns in goal. But that guy was a laugh a minute.
Anyway, enough about him, my worry is with a performance like that we should be very worried about Maidstone next week, they might score. :D
Ade my MOTM for me as he chased everything that was lumped up front, a lost cause I'm afraid.
If we play like that next week I'll demand my money back. Shape up Dartford. Or one day someone's going to give us a right pasting.
Ozy, I have to take friendly issue with your last sentence. Including the pre season friendlies, Darts have now played 28 games this season, (+ some other unreported behind doors friendlies) and to the best of my knowledge, have only conceded more than two goals on two occasions, with three conceded the worst, (ouch Sudbury and Chippenham). Even when we play "crap" our defence generally stays sound. Our defence is strong and well organised, and I for one cannot see us getting "a right pasting" any time soon.
On another line, and I'm not complaining about our Messiah, but does SK ever think his pre-match planning/set up might lead to a "crap" performance? Did he go straight home last night too? As others have said, he had strong options yesterday which he didn't seem to want to bring on. Perhaps the likes of Leonard and Wanadio are carrying slight injuries?
Spike

Post by Spike »

Ajaxman DFC wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:24 pm I never thought this would be an easy 3 points this afternoon. With other games going our way, as other big hitters take a knock back , it's further evidence of how very competitive this division is, and it's getting stronger every season. (The sooner we get out of it the better).

I heard someone remark on more than one occasion that Billericay didn't look like a bottom of the table side.
Well, quite frankly, I haven't seen any side that looks like that in the National South this season.
These days the NS seems to be a division full of play-off hopefuls.

As the old cliche goes anyone can beat anyone. Therefore 3 points is 3 points at the end of the day. It's not always going to be pretty, but taking into account the unpredictability in the NS, (see some of the other results today) a win is a win.

From now until the end of the season I'll take the points however we do it. It might not always be great for the neutrals, but it's no longer about consolidation with entertainment thrown in. These players are here to win promotion. I will take take a 1-0 all day long now.

And if there is anything predictable among the unpredictable then it's, regardless of their league position, we will continue to face 11 good men, week in week out, who'll be hell bent on stopping us from playing the most effective way they possibly can.

Sorry neutrals.
Having read this it's going to save me a lot of time writing my post. I'll just say ditto to the above.
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

Match highlights

ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

To be honest, of all the NS clubs I've seen this year Riccay looked a totally bottom club. We just about beat them.
dartLion

Post by dartLion »

ozymandias wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:16 pm To be honest, of all the NS clubs I've seen this year Riccay looked a totally bottom club. We just about beat them.
You obviously didn't see our win at Welling then Ozy? :roll: :lol: