George Porter (Sub)
No votes
Dan Roberts (Sub)
3%

Total votes: 32

Silverado

Re: Dartford v Billericay Sat 4 Dec 2021

Post by Silverado »

He described the performance as "crap". I thought that was a bit harsh on 'Ricay, who made it very hard for us, parking the bus maybe, but ever ready to try and catch us on the break and fight for every ball, as you'd expect from every team fighting relegation (even Newcastle won today!).
The 5th Searcher

Post by The 5th Searcher »

Park Life wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:38 pm Steve Kings post match interview on radio Kent was one of the most honest i've ever heard. I'll try and post the link later, well worth a listen.
Agree with you Parky, an excellent open & honest interview from an unhappy Kingy.
Who was the guy that signed for Ricay last minute and only told Kingy when he walked in to our dressing room to get his stuff?
I missed who Steve said it was.
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

All I can say about the game is that we won 1-0 and it was cold.But we won and that’s the main thing plus ebbsfleet were stuffed at dulwich. :lol:
DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

Despite the good start, we huffed and puffed today and looked worse after Billericay’s keeper saw red. There were an embarrassing amount of stray passes, also we seemed to flood the box at the wrong times, yet were threadbare when the crosses came in.
However, a win is a win - fortunately Billericay aren’t much cop this season and we held out.
MOTM vote is a muddy and broad church. T-Bon was probably the least shaky.
Still top of the pile, so happy with that.

COYD
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

The 5th Searcher wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:50 pm
Park Life wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:38 pm Steve Kings post match interview on radio Kent was one of the most honest i've ever heard. I'll try and post the link later, well worth a listen.
Agree with you Parky, an excellent open & honest interview from an unhappy Kingy.
Who was the guy that signed for Ricay last minute and only told Kingy when he walked in to our dressing room to get his stuff?
Their Keeper :lol: :lol:
KSTDART

Post by KSTDART »

If you decide to come out on the pitch and give it to the opposition supporters from virtually the 1st minute you had better be bloody good or if could very easily end in tears . The Billericay keeper just learnt this lesson the hard way !
He seemed to want to be the centre of attention and he was but all for the wrong reasons.
Our goal came from his mistake and then he got himself sent off , he almost certainly cost his team a point .

We did seem a bit of the pace today against a Riccy team that has just a a few knew players from the football league injected into it . All though we mainly comfortable you have that worry that would het that one chance to snatch a goal . Happy woth the won but we will need to up our game next week .
Jake Robinson slits home after a howler from the keeper

The 5th Searcher

Post by The 5th Searcher »

KSTDART wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:59 pm If you decide to come out on the pitch and give it to the away supporters from virtually the 1st minute you had better be bloody good or if could very easily end in tears . The Billericay keeper just learnt this lesson the hard way !
He seemed to want to be the centre of attention and he was but all for the wrong reasons.
Our goal came from his mistake and then he got himself sent off , he almost certainly cost his team a point .

Jake Robinson slits home after a howler from the keeper

Their keeper only signed for them last minute, Kingy said he used to be with us and always warmed our keepers up. He hadn’t even told Kingy that he’d signed for Ricay.
He walked into our dressing room and Kingy said you stuff is over there and he told Kingy that he’s playing against us today for Ricay and walked out 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️.

I think Steve King certainly had the last laugh today although you certainly wouldn't think it from his interview.

I’m glad we’ve got the 3pts but a bloody awful performance today, our crossing & corners weee absolute pants today.
We should’ve punished them today especially after their keeper was sent off but we seemed to do the opposite. That free kick of Murtagh’s was awful, more like a back pass with absolutely no power at all. We seriously need to step our game up for next week.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Riccay had their fair share of possession but for all their hard work we kept them out and they never really posed much of a goal threat.
We looked well below par but got a very important 3 points in what was a classic "banana skin" fixture.

Very good crowd for this time of the year and support second half was very good.

MOTM difficult but going for Ade, worked hard all game and forced the keeper error for the goal.

Strange situation with their keeper and what Steve said in his interview, i guess he won't be allowed to train with us again :lol: :lol:
dartLion

Post by dartLion »

This from Billericay twitter pre kick off today - "Young keeper Damian Niemzycki comes in on loan from Oxford United and makes his debut!"
MickW

Post by MickW »

Very poor or as the boss said 'rubbish, crap' - MoM - all the lads and lasses behind the goal who didn't let up all game - hats off to 'em.
Gary C

Post by Gary C »

50/50 - £240 - 08677 (unsure if this has been claimed)
Golden Goal: 9 minutes (believe this has been claimed)
Jonty

Post by Jonty »

The 5th Searcher wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:50 pm
Their goalkeeper! Still, he got what he deserved.
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

Gary C wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:16 pm 50/50 - £240 - 08677 (unsure if this has been claimed)
Golden Goal: 9 minutes (believe this has been claimed)
It was claimed Gary the 50/50.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Steve's post match interview starts at 8 mins:-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0b4zr70
Babylon

Post by Babylon »

Ricca never looked like scoring..but neither did we.
A blooming awful watch but 3 points were achieved
My worry is ....our lack of chances created, hopefully Kingy can sort it out because other teams are breathing down our necks at the top.
A bit less huff and puff and a bit more creativity
Please .
Davedart

Post by Davedart »

Tho we got the 3pts it was a piss poor performance with virtually no creativity from start to finish, which isn't helped when we don't start with Leonard or wanadio.
I just don't understand why playing against Billericay with just 7pts all season we decide to play 5 at the back and with no winger, it makes no sense whatsoever. Hopefully next week against the stones we repeat the performance of the fa cup match and beat them again with the same more positive approach.
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Nothing to add to whats already been said about todays game , no doubt Kingy will discuss the shortcomings on tuesday and we can expect to see a reaction at Maidstone next saturday !!!!!
Bkev180

Post by Bkev180 »

A poor display to what we have come to expect Steve kings radio kent interview was spot on
I must say the ref had a very good game (even if he was a sol Campbell double ) luke wanadio even laughed when I said it to him on touch line
Wish we could of tested there on field player in goal there 2nd choice keeper and hid dad sat in front of us said its not 1st time this season they had keeper sent of no reserve on bench onto next week up the darts
Good to see wheels falling of the noisy neighbours
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

Not at our best today against a hardworking side scrapping to stay in this League. But, a win is a win as they say. We looked very laboured going forward and work is to be done before next weeks showdown.
Ajaxman DFC

Post by Ajaxman DFC »

I never thought this would be an easy 3 points this afternoon. With other games going our way, as other big hitters take a knock back , it's further evidence of how very competitive this division is, and it's getting stronger every season. (The sooner we get out of it the better).

I heard someone remark on more than one occasion that Billericay didn't look like a bottom of the table side.
Well, quite frankly, I haven't seen any side that looks like that in the National South this season.
These days the NS seems to be a division full of play-off hopefuls.

As the old cliche goes anyone can beat anyone. Therefore 3 points is 3 points at the end of the day. It's not always going to be pretty, but taking into account the unpredictability in the NS, (see some of the other results today) a win is a win.

From now until the end of the season I'll take the points however we do it. It might not always be great for the neutrals, but it's no longer about consolidation with entertainment thrown in. These players are here to win promotion. I will take take a 1-0 all day long now.

And if there is anything predictable among the unpredictable then it's, regardless of their league position, we will continue to face 11 good men, week in week out, who'll be hell bent on stopping us from playing the most effective way they possibly can.

Sorry neutrals.
Last edited by Ajaxman DFC on Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.